Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few observations from last night after perusing the stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,078

A few observations from last night after perusing the stats

Sep 15, 2019, 9:13 AM

Our punting not too bad at 41 yards per. Just seemed worse versus 52 yards per from Ray Guy of the week. We have to get better on this!

Potter missed his shortest FG attempt. I think he's going to get even better and be great one.

Used the backs some but only one official catch for TEs. We really need to use the middle of the field more.

No sacks on Trevor and only 2 TFLs.

Trevor had a good but not great night. Great on yards. The one interception was bad. Great night being mobile and running though!

Defense was a beast! The scheme had the citrus' befuddled all night. Great pressure. Have to remember to cover the RB in the flat, since in the 4-3 the DE would do that a lot. Not sure who owns that in the 3-2-6 layout.

Like the early substitutions like normal. Looks like we played about 70 guys last night. Would like to see us play past the top 4 safeties. Going to be green there next year.

Great night overall by the Tigers. We should have some of the kinks out soon these new folks will have some experience on DL shortly. Looking great for this year again!

Message was edited by: Lakedude®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few observations from last night after perusing the stats

Sep 15, 2019, 9:18 AM

It was a high snap on the missed FG. Not sure you can blame Potter for that one.

I'll take a "good night" (as you put it) from TL every week, if that's what we get (400 yards, 3 TD's)

BV is going to play 3 up front until he's more comfortable with our LB play. Does that happen this year? Maybe not. Either way, the result is the same---awesome. BV is the best D-coordinator in football and it's not even close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 15, 2019, 9:54 AM

Heck don’t forget Trevor also had 42 yards rushing and a TD. With the INTs I think he’s trying to push too hard like Deshaun did. Everything will be okay. It was close for awhile but everyone finally got settled in. I’m also glad the head hunting Babers didn’t get anyone hurt last night. On to the Charlotte 49ers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 9:23 AM

Played 71 out of 72 players last night

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! Fat fingered that one!***

Sep 15, 2019, 9:34 AM

Sep 15, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: A few observations from last night after perusing the stats ]

Who was the one?

Sep 15, 2019, 10:13 AM

I think Taisun P.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ben Batson***

Sep 15, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: A few observations from last night after perusing the stats ]

Sep 15, 2019, 9:32 AM

The punting was pretty poor. The only time Spiers hit a long punt was the one time he wasn’t supposed to. At mid field he finally hits a 53 yard punt that goes into the end zone. Without that 53 yard punt (that netted 33 yards) his average was 38 yards per punt.

Sep 15, 2019, 9:48 AM

That’s true but one thing about his short punts is you don’t have to worry about a return because coverage is there already.

Sep 15, 2019, 9:55 AM

?? Haha finding the silver lining. I like it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: A few observations from last night after perusing the stats ]

I guess, but these other teams are punting 50 or 60 yards and still in Kendrick’s face when he catches it.

Sep 15, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: A few observations from last night after perusing the stats ]

This is exactly correct. We gave up about 75 hidden yards on punt exchanges. We can't do that in a close game. It will burn us.

If Spiers is the best we got, somebody has dropped the ball on recruiting. Literally every team we face has far better punting than us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tim Bourret commented on radio that Potter

Sep 15, 2019, 9:59 AM

struggles on kick from the left hash mark for some reason. He said he has even noticed it in warmups.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 10:08 AM

Snap was high on the missed FG. Throwing the timing off. Not Potters fault

Trevor by far had his best game of the season. A very good game but not great. There will be a game probably the ACC championship or a playoff game where these interceptions are going to cost us the game. And the overthrows need to be fixed as well. Other than that he is a field general out there.

Trevor by far had his best game of the season. A very good game but not great. There will be a game probably the ACC championship or a playoff game where these interceptions are going to cost us the game. And the overthrows need to be fixed as well. Other than that he is a field general out there.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic