Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So do we want to do counter-intelligence here or not?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 389

So do we want to do counter-intelligence here or not?

May 14, 2020, 3:13 PM

You guys complaining about FISA warrants and unmasking seem to be having a bit of a memory lapse about how we got here.

It looks like a messy process to the outside world looking in and it is not perfect, but is the one we created after 9/11. In the context of national security and the assault on our democracy from foreign adversaries, just ask yourself as a counter-intelligence officer how you are to do the job your country has asked you to do?

You received an intelligence report about a private citizen (no name attached) that was conspiring with a senior Russian official (right after the Russians interfered in our election), would you be doing your job if you didn’t ask who it was?

It is really comforting to see how all the national security hawks have suddenly revealed themselves to suddenly be so sensitive to rights of a private citizen. Do ya'll even remember what legal rights you chose to give up as private citizens after 9/11 in the name of national security?

So many short memories. So many double standards.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No double standard

May 14, 2020, 3:14 PM

10,000 unmaskings happen every year

May 14, 2020, 3:25 PM

And in 2018 there were actually over 16,000.

It is comical that the outcry is focused on the two or three times that have involved high profile Trump officials. The other 9,999 American citizens being unmasked don't make the front page for some reason. There is your double standard.

and here is the data on unmaskings

May 14, 2020, 3:29 PM

https://www.statista.com/chart/17864/identities-of-us-persons-revealed-by-the-nsa/

Once again

May 14, 2020, 3:32 PM

Profucious is not Confucius!

May 14, 2020, 4:05 PM

Can’t read well either...??

A felony, like in Bengazi or Hillary's emails?

May 14, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Once again ]

All I'm hearing are a lot of accusations but so far, not a single move by Barr to prosecute anyone.

Ask yourself why that is and then get back to me. I'm assuming that will only happen when you resurrect Trey Gowdy to run a bread and circus style hearing for the next three years.

And I am laughing at your bumpkin friend Bengaline, who claims I can't read. He's actually right, I can't read most of these nonsense posts coming out of this tribunal of troglodytes. They are full of so much bs my head is swimming.

LOL you libbies are so touchy today

May 14, 2020, 5:11 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 389
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic