Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A fanbase based on hatred.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

A fanbase based on hatred.

Jan 5, 2016, 9:18 PM

So I've never looked into Alabama all that much, until lately. After reading several articles, blogs, and watching a few YouTube videos, it seems that the main reoccurring theme throughout the Alabama fan base is hatred. Why is it that a fan base with so many accomplishments/titles from the past, focuses their attention and energy towards hatred? I see fans talking about hate week, videos with anger and hatred and cussing towards the opposing team, articles with five reasons to hate Clemson, etc.

As Clemson fan/grad, and I'm now 37 years old, it's hard for me to understand wanting and looking forward to hating another team. I could understand if they were South Carolina and had an empty trophy case.

Explain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to figure, but our winning is going to hurt them more..

Jan 5, 2016, 9:20 PM

and set uP a rivalship for the Natty each year..hopefully with the Recruits we've got stockpiled & coming in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White and ghetto trash. Nothing more.***

Jan 5, 2016, 9:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A fanbase based on hatred.

Jan 5, 2016, 9:21 PM

75% of the people that publish that stuff are not Alabama, college, or high school grads.

You have generations of breeding inside the family

Jan 5, 2016, 9:28 PM

Not a laughing matter- serious wire crossing takes place when you eventually are your own grandpa from keeping everything inside the family

Shoot, some of these people actually give themselves Father Day presents in June

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a lot of their "titles from the past" are bogus and invented retroactively

Jan 5, 2016, 9:56 PM

in the 1980s. By Bama "standards," Notre Dame would have like 20-something national titles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: a lot of their "titles from the past" are bogus and invented retroactively

Jan 5, 2016, 10:00 PM

Yes they are. One of them was given to them when they lost 5 games in one season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a lot of their "titles from the past" are bogus and invented retroactively

Jan 5, 2016, 10:01 PM [ in reply to a lot of their "titles from the past" are bogus and invented retroactively ]

I looked it up, they claim 15 which is ########..10 are recognized by ESPN and 12 by the NCAA

Jan 5, 2016, 9:59 PM

Have you ever been in Alabama?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2016, 10:02 PM

> Have you ever been in Alabama?

Yes....bought my '69 Roadrunner in Dothan. Interesting place....

Jan 5, 2016, 10:35 PM

I deer hunt an hour west of Montgomery with Lyle Smith, nice enough guys and of course Auburn alumnus. Actually very pretty area but Montgomery makes Columbia feel safe and inviteing. Sketchy all the way around. Southern city with a Harlem feel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2016, 10:37 PM

I'm scared to feel Harlem

Jan 5, 2016, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: A fanbase based on hatred. ]

"Southern city with a harlem feel" .......I snarfed my milk.

Jan 5, 2016, 10:41 PM

I guess they hate everybody the way that some people on here hate Coots. No sport is worth me hating anyone over. The real problem lies in the fact that too many Alabama fans have let football become an idol for them. It has become their god. Anything that is counter to their idol, they hate. Extreme misplaced priorities.

Jan 5, 2016, 11:40 PM

I've seen that. I think some of it is regionalism. Our neck of the woods is superior to your neck of the woods sort of thing. Alabama is known for 3 things, college football, racism and poverty. Things have improved over the years but even now if your from Alabama there isn't a whole lot to hang your 'pride' hat on.

Unfortunately for the listener, that pride often comes in the form of condescension and hatred. Phyliss on the Paul Finebaum show is a good example. I suspect Phyliss doesn't have a whole lot more going on in her life.

For the players and Alabama alum I think it's something different. It's a sense of entitlement. Alabama has been a football power for a long time. It's had great periods of achievment and it has sucked. But all told, the educated from Alabama really believe that other teams are simply not in their league as football teams or as people.

We're the best is the mantra and even after we beat them this year it will be "bad refs", or "Derek got hurt" or "our players were thinking about the NFL so this didn't matter" that causes the loss.
They cannot bring themselves to believe they got their azzes kicked. Remember, "Ole Miss was a fluke and we're the best in the world since then".

It doesn't matter. We're going to wipe the field with them.

Go Tigers!

Their school sucks. Football is all they have.

Jan 5, 2016, 11:54 PM

If that were my school I might have some anger issues too.

Jan 6, 2016, 3:28 AM

So the Clemson Tom buffoon doesn't represent Clemson, but the nuts who support Bama represent the entire Bama fanbase?

To be fair...

Jan 6, 2016, 3:37 AM

Your nuts have an entire radio show, a host on the SEC network, and have literally gone to jail for poisoning hallowed trees at another university.

There is zero comparison here... Row Todd!

Re: To be fair...

Jan 6, 2016, 4:21 AM

So you admit to holding a double standard but justify your hypocrisy on the basis of Bama having more nuts than Clemson. Is that a fair summary of your position?

Taking out those trees saved a lot of TP

Jan 6, 2016, 7:41 AM [ in reply to To be fair... ]

toil paper for those confused. And what is TP made from?

What a biased ridiculus post based upon

Jan 6, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to To be fair... ]

selective reading. I have lived in NC, SC, FL and graduated from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.
Believe me Alabama does not have the market cornered on backward, uneducated, uninformed
bigoted fans. You will always have (Clemson included) those "fans" who have never walked a college campus,
much less graced an actual college classroom who espouse their pathetic, idiotic rethoric and self fulfilling
hatred for another school. This type of post and many of the moronic responses show a lack of class
and certainly do not reflect the attitude of most true Clemson University alumni, supporters, and fans.
I am proud to be long time supporter of Clemson University and an avid Clemson Tiger fan.
Posts like this are embarrassing.

99% percent of your fanbase makes the rest look bad

Jan 6, 2016, 4:56 AM [ in reply to Re: A fanbase based on hatred. ]

you are a perfect example

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 99% percent of your fanbase makes the rest look bad

Jan 6, 2016, 5:07 AM

Do explain.

Jan 6, 2016, 5:40 AM

You are a typical condescending arrogant Alabama fan. But like I said, not all Alabama fans are that way.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18699120#18699120

Jan 6, 2016, 5:42 AM

So pointing out that both Clemson and Bama had cupcakes on their schedule makes me condescending and arrogant?

Spot On @Neal In NC!

Jan 6, 2016, 5:41 AM [ in reply to 99% percent of your fanbase makes the rest look bad ]

Why else would a 'true fan' troll another team's forum?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Spot On @Neal In NC!

Jan 6, 2016, 5:44 AM

I find this board highly entertaining. That's why I troll, if the definition of trolling is talking football with reasonable posters and pointing out absurdity when I see it.

Jan 6, 2016, 7:00 AM

You must really not have much going on in your life.

Jan 6, 2016, 7:02 AM

Still on Christmas holiday. No, not much going on in my life right now. Back to work tomorrow though.

Dang bamaphill

Jan 6, 2016, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Spot On @Neal In NC! ]

Your responses sound eerily like an okrahomer poster from a few weeks ago. Could you have actually flipped teams again?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang bamaphill

Jan 6, 2016, 7:34 AM

Coincidence, I assure you. You can check out Crimson Red Sports where I post using the same name.

Re: Dang bamaphill

Jan 6, 2016, 7:39 AM

> Coincidence, I assure you. You can check out Crimson
> Red Sports where I post using the same name.

I have never heard of that site. Besides you could still be a poser who just went to that website and picked out a random name huh?

Jan 6, 2016, 7:13 AM

> So I've never looked into Alabama all that much,
> until lately. After reading several articles, blogs,
> and watching a few YouTube videos, it seems that the
> main reoccurring theme throughout the Alabama fan
> base is hatred. Why is it that a fan base with so
> many accomplishments/titles from the past, focuses
> their attention and energy towards hatred? I see
> fans talking about hate week, videos with anger and
> hatred and cussing towards the opposing team,
> articles with five reasons to hate Clemson, etc.
>
> As Clemson fan/grad, and I'm now 37 years old, it's
> hard for me to understand wanting and looking forward
> to hating another team. I could understand if they
> were South Carolina and had an empty trophy case.
>
> Explain.

Seriously?

Alabama is the hated one, my friend. And many of us could not give a rats fart about the rest of the SEC

Jan 6, 2016, 7:34 AM

I live in Huntsville and the only difference between our fan base and their's is their expectations are a lot higher and for good reason. They like to give me a hard time but they are great folks. Those going to Glendale will see.

Jan 6, 2016, 8:11 AM

You are not fooling anyone.

null

Guess there isn't anything else to do in alabama***

Jan 6, 2016, 7:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Hate week is just something that goes on on Yik Yak and

Jan 6, 2016, 8:13 AM

Twitter. It's just meaningless banter such as "Alabama is in love with their sister". It goes both ways. Our students are doing it too.

ROH

Jan 6, 2016, 9:11 AM

Wish I could. They hate any and everything that beats them. Nobody is ever supposed to. They already have their slogan 16 in 16. I said but what if you lose? WHAT!!!!! LOSE!! Auburn grad, look forward to playing you guys, Dabo is a fine man hope he stays with you. So go beat the "crap" out of them for us and our 100 year old tradition they destroyed!

Jan 6, 2016, 9:15 AM

Screw Auburn, maybe the most corrupt program in college football history

I'm with the Bama fans here. Screw Auburn.***

Jan 6, 2016, 9:51 AM

ROH

It isn't easy to admit but

Jan 6, 2016, 9:51 AM

based on the way some(not all i.e.: Rev Dodd, Hartins, LBB, and others are great Tigers and gentlemen) here on Tigernet attack, belittle and ridicule "fellow" Tiger fans, some factions of our fanbase hate just as well as any. Those that are the most arrogant, intolerant, sarcastic, mean spirited and that drip with hubris are no better than the worst coot fans or the most arrogant and ignorant Alabam fans. Let's clean up or own backyard before moving on to other fan bases.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic