Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A fair prediction for Clemson Football 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

A fair prediction for Clemson Football 2012

Jul 28, 2012, 7:48 PM

As much as I want to think we can go undefeated lets be realistic.

Regular season: Clemson will go 10-2 with wins against FSU and Carolina South. We lose 2 out of 4 between AUB,GT,VT, and NC STATE but make the championship game because FSU also has 2 losses (one to us).

ACC Championship: We play VPI in the ACC championship game once again and make them look like a one-legged man in an ### kicking contest. Fuller starts practicing his John Hancock for Clemson on signing day.

Bowl Game: Clemson wins the orange bowl in unimpressive fashion against a mediocre Big East Champ.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand"

so you think we either lose to AU

Jul 28, 2012, 8:04 PM

or home games? I think we beat AU, GT, and NCST, the only ones I could see us losing would be FSU/VT/Scar (and two of those are at home)

Re: so you think we either lose to AU

Jul 28, 2012, 9:04 PM

we go undefeated at home

We'll go 11-1 due to

Jul 28, 2012, 8:12 PM

having better talent than most of the teams we play and the upgrade in coaching with the hire of Brent Venables as Defensive Coordinator.

Re: A fair prediction for Clemson Football 2012

Jul 28, 2012, 8:19 PM

10-2 or 11-1 undefeated out of conference

Jul 28, 2012, 8:21 PM

It's hard for me to see them much better than 9-3. Clemson is still very young.

Jul 28, 2012, 8:31 PM

we are actually overall better than last years team and the schedule is easier with 4 of our toughest 6 games at home

Jul 28, 2012, 9:02 PM

Maybe Clemson will be better, but their are too many questions for me to assume they will be.
What will the d-line be like, and left tackle?
Clemson struggled when Price went down.
It might all work out, but too many unknowns too expect 11-1 10-2.

Jul 28, 2012, 9:16 PM

every team will have questions at start of the year...thats just the nature of college football. Yes Thomas struggled at times when he had to go out to LT but thats clearly due to the fact that he was at gaurd majority of the year. DE will be the lone question for me on defense and offense lg and gifford at rt has me a little concerned...those are really my only concerns for this years team. Having majority of our tough games at home makes me feel good bout the season

Jul 28, 2012, 10:31 PM

Agree with you and with some breaks it could be a great year.

Jul 28, 2012, 8:34 PM

Probably 8-4 at best. Weak defensive secondary, inexperienced defensive line. Great receiver corps but the ball has got to get to them. Ellington always a ? mark. NC State an ACC surprise this year. Would love to see all the grandiose expectations of others come true.

Jul 28, 2012, 8:35 PM

LMAO

Jul 28, 2012, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: A fair prediction for Clemson Football 2012 ]

Not bad for a coot prediction. My prediction for the coots with a suspect DC, and losing your better players on both sides of the ball is 6/6 or best 7/5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2012, 9:14 AM

Got any money you care to wager?

Jul 29, 2012, 9:43 AM

On what

Jul 28, 2012, 8:37 PM

At best 9-3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2012, 8:42 PM

I say either 9-3 or 10-2.

Here are my questions heading into the 2012 season:
1. How will the Offensive line do (blocking)?

2. Clemson lost some good players on defense. The question is if their are injuries...how is their depth?

3. Similar to #2 but with the RB position.

4. Hype. We all know Clemson has started before with a lot of hype...how will this affect the team?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2012, 8:55 PM

Losing brandon thompson is a big loss but I think we will have guys step up inside and perform. Branch gave us a pass rusher and right now we dont have anybody who has shown they can produce those numbers...crawford has the potential but will he live up to it...DE is my only concern on defense... I like what we have at LB and at DB

Jul 28, 2012, 8:58 PM

For the most part...BV's defense should be alright...In a sense...the offenses in the ACC is a step down compared to the Big 12 offenses

Jul 28, 2012, 9:02 PM

No doubt about that. I think what he will add to us is physicality and fundamentals. I feel we will be a much better all arround defense

Jul 28, 2012, 9:16 PM

I believe the offenses in the ACC will be slighty better than it was last year. I know the media is in the FSU kool-aid but I believe their offense will be much better. NCSU showed some offensive power at the end of last year and expect them pick right back up. VT will be better in the passing game....going into his Soph. year, Logan Thomas will be a better passer. GT...well they run the option and they will surely give teams a hard time like they always do. So I expect the ACC to be better this year.

Jul 28, 2012, 9:22 PM

I agree...I think the acc is going to start getting better. Ncst concerns me a little...their qb is really good and this may be Obriens best team even going back to BC. Gt is always tough 1. because of the offense they run(and now their defense will get better under groh) 2 its a rivalry game. VT has major questions on OL also and Im not sold on their WRs so who knows. Fsu has a ton of talent on defense their backups could start at most schools. Where they dont scare me is on offense,they may have found some wide outs but EJ just doesnt scare me. I just think hes vastly overrated. Now for the yardbirds...we owe them big time and our players have this one highlighted!!!

Jul 28, 2012, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: A fair prediction for Clemson Football 2012 ]

Realistically I saw 9-3 or 10-2. However, I think we can be very good if we can hold teams under 20 per game. I don't see many teams doing that to us (if any, besides maybe FSU). Auburn's D-line scares me and we are going to have to have some offensive lineman grow up in a hurry. However, I think Morris can scheme around it (namely the pistol) and they are in the second year in the offense. I hope Boyd can hold it all together and manage the game rather than force things and have a lot of turnovers. I believe Venables will have an impact on the defense close to what Morris had on the offense. The energy will be better and the schemes will be a whole lot better, letting players finally play with instincts rather than thinking. I think FSU will be a tough game and GT stills scares me.

This will be a rebuilding year up front and realistically

Jul 28, 2012, 10:40 PM

I predict that the Tigers will finish 3rd in the Atlantic Division (with Wake being the surprise winner of the entire conference and FSU in second place in the division). I say 9-4 with a bowl win in the Gator or Peach Bowl. Losses will include: Auburn, FSU, BC, and South Carolina. Clemson fans will be mad, BUT THEY SHOULD BE PATIENT!

WE GO UNDEFEATED AND WIN THE NC IN 2013!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will be a rebuilding year up front and realistically

Jul 28, 2012, 10:45 PM

we aint losin at home again to the coots....wake? seriously???? I hope you were just being funny

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic