Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dude's crying like a baby. Not a Trump kinda guy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Dude's crying like a baby. Not a Trump kinda guy.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:50 PM

Let's move on.

Get the Indian dude ready.

Dems you win. Midterms won't involve a SCOTUS fight, but that doesn't mean you will win in November. You've just riled up the Trump base. We'll be out in force to #### in your little blue wave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm once again reminded what morons Trump guys are***

Sep 27, 2018, 3:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wouldn't be able to get out one sentence...

Sep 27, 2018, 3:56 PM

if you had to defend yourself up there against this BS.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A credible witness accusing you of attempted rape

Sep 27, 2018, 3:58 PM

is not BS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes her credible? the Dr. in front of name?***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you believe her if she was a witness to

Sep 27, 2018, 4:12 PM

murder if you were on the jury and this was the only evidence?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't the only evidence

Sep 27, 2018, 4:18 PM

In your hypothetical, none of the other people the sole witness named as fellow witnesses are corroborating her story, and the accused has lots of small pieces of evidence that suggest he didn't do it.

But the issue isn't the credibility of Ford or her testimony, it's that there's absolutely nothing to corroborate anything Ford says. Meanwhile, Kavanaugh had a sterling reputation until the last week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What evidence does he have that suggest he didn’t do it?***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:29 PM

Sounds like a question during the Salem Witch Trials.***

Sep 27, 2018, 5:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cam opened that up by claiming that he did. Take

Sep 27, 2018, 5:58 PM

my side and I can watch you and Cam go at again.

Be that as it may...

Sep 27, 2018, 6:11 PM

Innocent until proven guilty. Metoo movement is actively against that. We are told to be prejudiced and assume accusations are accurate. I will never stand for something so obviously unjust and insane.

I don't care about the political context. I care about civil rights.

Just to be clear, you'd be for investigating the charges

Sep 27, 2018, 6:14 PM

and not simply dismissing them? Correct?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely. But it should hold 0 weight on anything until/unless

Sep 27, 2018, 6:18 PM

he was convicted. An accusation should effect nothing except triggering an investigation.

Innocent until proven guilty should actually mean innocent until proven guilty.

I agree. So, there should be an investigation, yes?***

Sep 27, 2018, 6:20 PM

Any time there is an accusation there should be an investiga

Sep 27, 2018, 6:24 PM

tion. Every single time. But literally nothing else should change until the investigation/trial is concluded, unless a person admits to it/pleads guilty.

BTW false accusations should be treated as felonies.

Re: Be that as it may...

Sep 27, 2018, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Be that as it may... ]

He isn't on trial by a judge and jury. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to the court of public opinion or the Senate for that matter. This is a lifetime appointment, and anyone with Kavanaugh's record shouldn't get the position.

Based on an accusation? That's a mob mentality.***

Sep 27, 2018, 7:13 PM

Re: Based on an accusation? That's a mob mentality.***

Sep 27, 2018, 7:54 PM

When it comes to a Supreme Court nominee, I want them to be as clean as possible and qualified. I hate Gorsuch but he passed all the tests. Kavanaugh has too many skeletons.

So you think it's ok for decisions to be made based merely

Sep 27, 2018, 10:45 PM

on accusations, if the decisions are important.

That attitude is exactly why it is a great political weapon to simply accuse someone of something that is a hot-button issue. Because the truth, in that scenario, doesn't matter. Simply accusing someone derails them. Identity politics is far more dangerous to this country than Russians, or terrorists, or China. We gladly turn on one another over two-party tribalism.

It's like you didn't learn ANYTHING from McCarthyism or the Red scare. As if it never happened.

Either we are innocent until proven guilty, or not. Don't make arbitrary distinctions as if one is ok and the other isn't.

You want a mob mentality to be at play here. You are ok with judgment without a fair chance to defend one's self. How politically convenient.

Innocent until proven guilty applies to everyone...

Sep 27, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Be that as it may... ]

Not sure where you’re getting this is a special circumstance. We all know it’s an important appointment, but where not changing the rule of law in any instance. ESPECIALLY when there’s a possibility it could be abused for political agendas. That’s a no no.

Anyone that doesn’t believe in that can go live in another country where women get stoned to death at mere accusations. See if that’s your cup of tea.

The calendars, witnesses saying they don't remember,...

Sep 27, 2018, 6:17 PM [ in reply to What evidence does he have that suggest he didn’t do it?*** ]

character witnesses. Like I said, it's not strong exculpatory evidence, but it's more than the accuser has offered.

Re: It isn't the only evidence

Sep 27, 2018, 4:30 PM [ in reply to It isn't the only evidence ]

camcgee® said:

In your hypothetical, none of the other people the sole witness named as fellow witnesses are corroborating her story, and the accused has lots of small pieces of evidence that suggest he didn't do it.

But the issue isn't the credibility of Ford or her testimony, it's that there's absolutely nothing to corroborate anything Ford says. Meanwhile, Kavanaugh had a sterling reputation until the last week.

She has 4 people who offered sworn statements that she discussed the incident with starting in 2012. That's evidence, it's not a tape....but it's corraboration or at a minimum proof that she's not just some political operative.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She told them in 2012 it was Kavanaugh?***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:32 PM

No, it's corroboration that she talked about it

Sep 27, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: It isn't the only evidence ]

It's not corroboration of anything that she alleges

It's corroboration that she isn't just making things up now

Sep 27, 2018, 4:57 PM

so she's either telling the truth, or she's been making this up since 2012 based on that information.

Correct?

Something like that, yes

Sep 27, 2018, 5:11 PM

I don't think you have to believe she just made this up out of whole cloth to not believe exactly what she's saying, though. It does seem odd that she never said anything about this for 29 years and then it only came out during therapy.

Which, if true, isn't all that unusual with these cases***

Sep 27, 2018, 5:15 PM

Would you believe her if

Sep 27, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Would you believe her if she was a witness to ]

she got murdered and didn't tell anyone for 30 years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:20 PM

credible? where's the proof?***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to A credible witness accusing you of attempted rape ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

There is no proof. Just her testimony.***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:06 PM

bingo, so innocent till proven guilty prevails, right?***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I think based on her testimony, I

Sep 27, 2018, 4:27 PM

don’t have reasonable doubt that he is guilty. There is some doubt but not reasonable doubt.

Message was edited by: josephg®

Isn't it not having reasonable doubt that he's guilty that

Sep 27, 2018, 4:29 PM

matters?

What I meant. Amended.***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:31 PM

Credible doesn't mean true, or likely to be true, btw***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to A credible witness accusing you of attempted rape ]

Nope.***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:28 PM

not true - APM has been on the stand recently

Sep 27, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to You wouldn't be able to get out one sentence... ]

Ain't skeert. And this guy isn't either.

This is political theatrics for the TV audience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For sexual assault?***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:13 PM

No. Thank goodness. Testifying in a case.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:24 PM

But this whole mess has reminded me to NEVER seek public office.

I'd be doomed.

Politics is all theater to Trump folk***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to not true - APM has been on the stand recently ]

"Show business for ugly people" - James Carville.***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:19 PM

We used to say, "Hollywood for ugly people"

Sep 27, 2018, 4:25 PM

But not because people were theatrical. It was because so many people were famous.

fame without the money.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:43 PM

Whats the point

Re: Dude's crying like a baby. Not a Trump kinda guy.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:58 PM

you want to know what entitled is, there it is on full display.

Huh?***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:22 PM

Re: Dude's crying like a baby. Not a Trump kinda guy.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:04 PM

I wouldn't mistake the mans emotion for weakness. Takes a heck of a guy to pour himself out like that.

Agreed. Just saying, this is not Trumplike behavior.***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:23 PM

Yep, Trump is a bada$$.***

Sep 27, 2018, 4:32 PM

he's gettin' 'er done with peace and prosperity

Sep 27, 2018, 4:39 PM

that's badassery to me

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic