Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A couple of recruiting notes.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

A couple of recruiting notes.

Nov 27, 2015, 8:44 PM

I don't claim to be a recruiting guru in the grand scheme of things, but have some sources on certain recruits that I trust implicitly and relay info when I feel its solid.

First, I will be very surprised if Bryan Edwards does not ultimately sign with Clemson. It is my understanding that he really wanted to play WR but is being recruited as a safety at Clemson; Hence the commitment to Carolina. He is certainly not oblivious to the dumpster fire that is now South Carolina football and he has some fairly solid connections to Clemson. I think he ends up here.

Also, it is my understanding that as of about a month ago Rahshaun Smith had decided he was going to go to LSU. With the recent events revolving around the tenuous stature of LSU's staff, this may no longer be the case. Smith is a very important piece of Clemson's 2016 class and gaining a re-commit from him, along with having Lamar in the bag, would be huge in continuing the defensive dominance that Clemson is becoming known for again.

Finally, I haven't heard anything on Saivion Smith's loyalty to Miles and staff, but the recent developments certainly can't hurt Clemson. I will be surprised if there is not some movement here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did not know that R.Smith had.......

Nov 27, 2015, 8:57 PM

decided to go to LSU which is very disappointing. I guess I was one of those who thought that he was either a silent CU commit or that in all probabilty he would certainly see the light and recommit. I guess his relationship with Savion is really strong because surely you would never, ever pick Kevin Steele over Coach BV! Anyway, if Miles leaves, this could get interesting not only with RS but maybe Savion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

first i've heard of this concerning smith and lsu.

Nov 27, 2015, 9:02 PM

he had fun on his visit, that's about the extent, but i'm no reader of the leaves when this recruiting stuff is bandied about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got some insiders too. Never. Never heard this.***

Nov 27, 2015, 9:19 PM

Don't believe everything you read, its the internet ....

Dec 2, 2015, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I did not know that R.Smith had....... ]

Don't forget this is the same guy who told us Mark Fields would go to VaTech...

Just saying... we've got some guys around here who do this recruiting stuff... and I hear they're pretty good at it...

Re: Don't believe everything you read, its the internet ....

Dec 2, 2015, 1:19 PM

All hail TigerBry & TigerWoods

Re: A couple of recruiting notes.

Nov 27, 2015, 10:05 PM

I can also refute that Shaq had decided on going to LSU. He loved his official but he never decided and at no point would I say anywhere except Clemson would be his destination.

Nov 27, 2015, 10:15 PM

Refute all you want. I stand by what I said, and I don't think that I have ever posted anything in this regard that was not ultimately verified as true.

He told my source that at the time he was going to LSU. Could it have been a fleeting moment, certainly. But I trust my source implicitly, and I can't see the kid lying about it.

Take if for what you paid for it.

And honestly, I don't think I'll ever post anything that I'm told here again after having to defend it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, having to defend what you post is pretty unreasonable.***

Nov 27, 2015, 11:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I learned my lesson years ago.

Dec 2, 2015, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: A couple of recruiting notes. ]

I posted a few things about a Clemson player that ultimately ended up being true, but I didn't want to name my source at the time. People ridiculed me like crazy. It's just not worth the headache of it all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facts are facts. There is a difference....

Dec 2, 2015, 2:33 PM

It appears the situation you went through was seemingly different. This fella has a track record of seeing JC Shurburtt or some pundit crystal balling something and then proceeds to tell us he has an inside source. Not once has anyone in the know mentioned anything about Rahshaun Smith going to LSU. He took an official visit there, had a good time, and posted about it on Twitter. No big deal. Not enough to sell any wise-guy into thinking that means he'll be a Bayou Tiger. The fact that he's taking his last official visit to Clemson could be very telling in a sense.

Not trying to bash the guy but you must understand that he has falsely speculated numerous times before.

Re: Facts are facts. There is a difference....

Dec 2, 2015, 9:50 PM

Jurassic Park.. love that movie.. lol

Dec 2, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: A couple of recruiting notes. ]

> And honestly, I don't think I'll ever post anything
> that I'm told here again after having to defend it.

nana nana boo-boo. Somebwody disagwee wif me. wah...waah....waaaaahhhhh

wow man! Grow a sack.

I would be good with Edwards NOT coming to Clemson

Nov 27, 2015, 10:13 PM

just feel like we could do better at safety than a guy that really don`t want to play that position.

Re: I would be good with Edwards NOT coming to Clemson

Nov 27, 2015, 10:17 PM

He's a stud and will be a very good safety at Clemson.

Nov 27, 2015, 10:46 PM

Going to a National Championship will raise our stock in the future. Great decade is upon us my friends or longer.

Message was edited by: Tigerrag89®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2015, 10:49 PM

Clemson's staff has been 100% certain Smith would recommit and sign with Clemson, and they never felt threatened by LSU. The DB Smith, Clemson hasn't been in contact and will go the distance with other players.

Shaq Smith is as close to a Clemson lock as you will

Nov 27, 2015, 11:00 PM

find. Saivion Smith is not tight with Miles or Steele at LSU. The reason that he committed to LSU was his relationship with Corey Raymond.If Miles is fired and Raymond is also let go, that is the only way that I could see us having a shot with Saivion. For what it's worth we were his second choice before he committed to LSU.

Not doubting your source's integrity

Nov 27, 2015, 11:01 PM

But I highly doubt Smith was ever 100% mentally committed to LSU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

.........um......WHAT IS THIS?!!!!......

Dec 2, 2015, 1:04 PM

WHAT AM I READING?

Re: .........um......WHAT IS THIS?!!!!......

Dec 2, 2015, 9:51 PM

Heisenberg... lol change your name lol..

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic