Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker Impressive in First College Start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,113

Sep 7, 2009, 1:22 PM

During the 37-14 victory over Middle Tennessee State Saturday night, coaches and fans saw flashes of what Kyle Parker can do with his arm and his legs.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple good throws, couple mediocre, but good head & legs

Sep 7, 2009, 2:09 PM

A couple of Parker's throws were on the money. A couple were off (most notably on the second play of the game, on his first pass to ?Palmer?). But I liked his pocket presence. He took one sack, but I don't think that sack was very avoidable. I liked his scrambles for first downs (though on one of those scrambles he probably could have run for a TD if he hadn't run out of bounds). And I liked his decisions to throw the ball into the stands a few times. (Last year Harper took sacks a few times.) Parker did make one VERY risky pass into traffic at the goal-line which was almost intercepted.

I think Parker will be an upgrade over Harper. I'm guessing Parker will get more accurate (and hopefully the receivers will get stickier) after the first-game jitters go away.

going out on a limb there

Sep 7, 2009, 2:37 PM

2/3 of the people in DV saturday would be an upgrade over the way Harper played last year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one, would NOT be better than Harper....

Sep 8, 2009, 9:42 AM

but that's basically just because my shoulder is screwed up.
Healthy shoulder, yeah - pencil me in with that 2/3!

Was a little upset we did not go for it 4th and goal...

Sep 7, 2009, 3:20 PM

We were on the two yard line and Dabo chose to kick the field goal instead of going for it. I think that shows that the coaching staff doesn't have the confidence yet in our line. What bothers me is if we can't get two/three yards against MTSU then how are we going to do it against a good opponent? Also, Kyle Parker fits this offense better as he was having to scramble to get away from the rush MTSU was putting on him. I hope our boys can come together and open some holes up for CJ and give Parker time in the coming weeks!

It was 4th down. Take the points, unless you have to go for

Sep 8, 2009, 10:55 AM

it. Why go for filet mignon, when a sausage biscuit is good enough?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida State says hi. 1st and goal from the two

Sep 9, 2009, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Was a little upset we did not go for it 4th and goal... ]

with the game on the line and they couldn't punch it in. Nobody has a power running game anymore. There just aren't any Marvin Simmses out there who can get basically go an entire four-year career without losing yardage. Rendrick Taylor had a hole to go through, but he wasn't fast enough to get to it.

I've got to agree

Sep 8, 2009, 10:57 AM

Parker really showed what he's got. Here's what I liked the most:

1) Good decisions - threw it away when appropriate, threw it where our guys could catch it but defenders couldn't

2) Knowledge of the pocket - the guy stepped up in the pocket instead of drifting back behind the tackles and getting sacked by the properly blocked defensive end (Harper)

3) Playmaker - He makes plays happen by buying time and keeping his eyes up, but running when nobody is open

I think we really have a quarterback with this guy

Re: Parker Impressive in First College Start

Sep 8, 2009, 5:30 PM

A couple of things...
1. Parker is going to be a very good QB.
2. Our O-line needs some work but they seem improved over last year.
3. Keep Korn on the Bench. He is a bust!
4. Cullen Harper is not at Clemson anymore! He had a horrible senior year! I'm pretty sure that's not how he wanted to play his senior year. But it happened and it is in the past. This is a new era of Clemson football. Let's focus on what lies ahead! Which I think is going to be good things.

And did anyone notice Wade playing on kick off coverage?

jtfox12

Sep 9, 2009, 3:20 PM

Just one thing...
jtfox12 is bust!

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,113
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic