Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time Magazine crying girl wasn’t separated from mother.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 531

Time Magazine crying girl wasn’t separated from mother.

Jun 22, 2018, 2:10 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/06/22/the-crying-honduran-girl-on-the-cover-of-time-was-not-separated-from-her-mother-father-says/?utm_term=.cd263c4446a7

Too funny.

I know...I know...”Oh, great Swarley...so I guess it’s okay that other kids are being separated by their parents?”...”It doesn’t matter...she’s a symbol!”...etc., etc.

Journalism in America. Such a joke. Shameful that they are purely in the business of creating narratives and generating outrage.

I wonder why so many of these protests are documented with close-up pictures of just a few people. Oh! Right! To capture their angst and humanize them. Oooooof course.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Time Magazine crying girl wasn’t separated from mother.

Jun 22, 2018, 2:13 PM

Like I said in another thread, the liberal media went down and snapped a few photos and pushed a narrative and people ate it up. Facebook is a hoot right now.

when is facebook not a hoot***

Jun 22, 2018, 8:42 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2018, 2:17 PM

Criticizes media for spinning narratives. Uses accurate story from. Washington Post to support point.

Also, TIME ran a correction. You do know sometimes people make mistakes instead of it being a grand conspiracy, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

you know trump wasnt really in that picture right?

Jun 22, 2018, 2:26 PM

and "corrections" are on page 170. Will they print a correction on the cover?

WE ARE LIARS!!!

That would be a nice cover for Time.

Their "mistake" got the intended news cycle splash. print a correction later, no harm, no foul.

Rinse Repeat.

sssssshh! Don't burst his bubble.***

Jun 22, 2018, 4:26 PM

Re: you know trump wasnt really in that picture right?

Jun 22, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to you know trump wasnt really in that picture right? ]

No issue of TIME is 170 pages long. Maybe 30 something at most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Or....

Jun 22, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Time Magazine crying girl wasn’t separated from mother. ]

Hang with me here for a second..

They could do some due diligence and get the story right before they push the agenda.

Crazy. I know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Well that doesn't feed the sufficiant addiction to outrage.***

Jun 22, 2018, 2:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

That would fall under the definition of Journalism

Jun 22, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Or.... ]

and we know that's not gonna happen.

Re: Or....

Jun 22, 2018, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Or.... ]

That would be nice in a perfect world but people make mistakes sometimes.

What were the chances we would discover that the child

Jun 22, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Time Magazine crying girl wasn’t separated from mother. ]

wasn’t separated from her parents by the U.S. government?

They printed a correction because they were exposed as fabricating a story to support a narrative. I am fed up with “journalists” who value the “feel” or “intent” of a story over the actual reality. As are you when it is Fox News and it relates to something conservative.

null

So are you saying it was correct reporting

Jun 22, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Time Magazine crying girl wasn’t separated from mother. ]

I'm confused

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So are you saying it was correct reporting

Jun 22, 2018, 5:04 PM

Is that what you really thought I was saying?

Well your obviously weren't responding to

Jun 22, 2018, 8:10 PM

What he posted. So I'm assuming you were trying to defend their reporting. Either that or you were changing the entire narrative.

I knew you weren't doing the latter so it has to be a defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well your obviously weren't responding to

Jun 22, 2018, 8:30 PM

This is really getting tough. Are you drunk? I'm looking fun at the idea that he's claiming the media has this grand agenda to spin a narrative and then posts an article from one of the leading newspapers in America pointing out the error. And then in the article, mentions TIME ran a correction.

Just imprisoned with her. Living the dream really.***

Jun 22, 2018, 3:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice! Hadn’t thought of that deflection. Thank you!***

Jun 22, 2018, 3:39 PM

null

Jun 22, 2018, 3:50 PM

Well I guess that means nobody was separated from their parent and all of them were together. Thanks for the update. Liberal media acts like some of them were separated. Glad to know none of them were.

Awesome. Rarely do I quote someone BEFORE they say it.***

Jun 22, 2018, 4:02 PM

null

Neat*****

Jun 22, 2018, 4:10 PM

Two things are true:

Jun 22, 2018, 4:26 PM

1.) The "crying girl" image represents the emotional outrage going on over the issue. Like you said, its imagery has become symbolic of the issue beyond its own scope.

2.) The backstory of the image doesn't align perfectly with the larger story that is going on with the separation of parents and their children.

How much the 2nd fact bothers you probably depends on how you view the separating of children from their families at the border.

Yeah. When I look at that photo I see them all out by a

Jun 22, 2018, 7:40 PM

vehicle near a road or something and not inside a detention center. Kinda figured that most people looking at that photo would have seen the same scene.

People are choosing to see the image of the girl on the Time cover as false advertising in some way. Did you think Trump was really standing over her giving her the meany eyes?

It's a nice piece of cover art considering the subject matter.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah. When I look at that photo I see them all out by a

Jun 22, 2018, 7:57 PM

It's pretty pathetic when some folks are more outraged over this cover than the treatment of these kids.

Another quality deflection. You guys are bringing it tonight.***

Jun 22, 2018, 8:39 PM

null

Re: Another quality deflection. You guys are bringing it tonight.***

Jun 22, 2018, 8:44 PM

What's there to deflect? The post is a farce. TIME ran a correction. If they had an agenda, they wouldn't. And while you slam the media on one hand, you use the Washington Post to support your argument.

Listen. None of you read TIME. You're outraged over something silly and should be directing the outrage to the treatment of people.

I’m not sure I’m outraged. Disgusted, maybe.

Jun 22, 2018, 9:40 PM

But, no, The media isn’t doing a bang-up job just because I referenced one news outlet to call out the poor performance of another. And no...I’m not forming a line of “outrages” and telling each subsequent “outrage” to wait it’s turn. And again, neither do you.

null

Re: I’m not sure I’m outraged. Disgusted, maybe.

Jun 22, 2018, 10:01 PM

TIME corrected their mistake. It happens.

A correction before or after they were exposed?

Jun 22, 2018, 11:08 PM

I don’t see a time stamp on the correction.

null

Replies: 28
| visibility 531
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic