Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 8, 2020, 8:10 AM

Friday night, sat around the house.

Saturday, slightly productive put nothing too exciting.

Sunday, Not thinking about it being a holiday Sunday I thought going to the zoo would be fun. we get there and the parking lot is pretty full and a line to get in. No thanks. Went to Spartanburg to drink beer instead.

Monday, cleaned out my shed so folks can come do some woodworking before the game Saturday. I really need to get a dust collection system.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 year old has started galloping

Sep 8, 2020, 8:13 AM

Everywhere she goes, she is runnin like a frickin ??.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 year old has started galloping

Sep 8, 2020, 10:30 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaCr88aBVy4

Start 'em young and one day you'll retire on the sweet sweet endorsements deals.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 8, 2020, 8:15 AM

Good.

Spur of the moment trip to Oak Island. Weather was

Sep 8, 2020, 8:17 AM

great, but there was only a small inland breeze and the flys were absolutely insane on the beach. Regular houseflies (at least it looked like them) biting us left and right. We tried OFF with Deet but that didn't work too well. Someone out there suggested Bullfrog worked but nobody had it in stock because everyone was buying it up. Anyways, it was nice to get to the beach and nice to realize the flies were on everyone and not just me because I didn't shower or something. Hurricane damage is there and dunes are wiped out in places, but nothing so bad they cannot recover.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Horn Flies

Sep 8, 2020, 9:45 AM

So I was told when they started biting us fishing Saturday. Two best days fishing in the last week that I think I have ever had. This Covid fishing is off the charts!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I counted 17 boats on the horizon just off Oak Sunday and

Sep 8, 2020, 10:39 AM

Monday. Must have been hitting good out there. The water was calm as the gulf near the shore. The kids could barely catch any waves boogie boarding.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Sep 8, 2020, 8:27 AM

Friday, can't remember what I did.

Saturday, all kinds of chores and then out to Steel Hands with some frans to listen to music and drank some beers.

Sunday, brunch and chilling and drankin with brother.

Monday, recovery.

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:29 AM

Friday - drove to the mountains

Sattidy - Went to Boone. About hit a bear on the way (Obiligatory - Why did the wild bear cross the road? To shaytt on the other side). Scored 2 nice heavy flannel shirts, 1 lined, at Mast GS for a total of $22.50 at their tent sale. Smoked chicken bewbs.

Sunday - Took the BRP to Blowing Rock. Big mistake. Thousands of folks there, most sans masks. Had Pizza from Bella's.

Monday - Drove home and grilled some Sockeye with a mango-curry sauce.

8/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Unproductive.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:34 AM

Friday: nothin'. Drank a few Naturdays, fell asleep on the couch around 1am.

Saturday: not much. Went to watch fights at fran's house (more an excuse to escape the doldrums and throw some bags and darts). Home by midnight.

Sunday: vegged on couch, considered cleaning out garage.

Monday: See: Sunday.

Today: Skool starts. 12 year old is being tech support for his two younger sisters. They're all online now. We'll see how this works. 30 minutes in, it's light years better than the last two months of last school year, where none of it was online instruction, it was just WORK that they had to do independently, which is a problem since 2/3 of my kids (the girls) have no effing clue what independent work and responsibility is and required hours a day each of standing over them to make sure shit was getting done. Now? There's a teacher and the rest of their class all there and they're on camera. Let's see how long this lasts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A combination of strange, relaxing/boring, and excellent.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:42 AM

Friday, took the day off from work to work. First, off to Miss Kitty's first vet visit, so I guess the cat is officially mine. Miss Kitty came home as Mr. Kitty, once we discovered that it was in fact a 2 year old neutered male. Also found out that Mr. Kitty has a heart murmur, most likely a congenital defect that my vet says I could throw money at but probably won't be able to fix so he could pass away suddenly or live for years. Then, off to the DMV fustercluck clown show with an 11:15 appointment, which after I checked in got me in front of someone at 12:30, only to find out they had screwed up some paperwork in the early days of quarantine so I ended up turning in an expired tag with no receipt...which I could have handed to them at 11:15. Then back across town to pick up Sis and take her to pick up her car at her buddy's shop almost at the Lancaster County line. Back into town for a quick grocery run, then home to start drankin'.

Saturday, mowed in the morning, got lunch, then over to Mom's with the pup to hang out with her. Joonyer brought his two pups, including his new 3-legged rescue Waylon. Headed home early evening and fixed supper, had a few beers and watched some football, played some bass, and if I did anything else it slips my mind.

Sunday, long morning hike with the pup along the lake, back home to relax and watch TV, then a long hike with the pup along the river. Quick supper, grabbed bass and beers and off to MEDIUM volume acoustic jam session. Home around midnight to crash.

Monday, chores, played some bass, went and hung out with Mom in the afternoon, then home to cook ribs and cheese grits. Played some bass after supper, then watched a little football. That was boring so I channel surfed for a bit then crashed.

18.75/19 Covids based solely on length of weekend.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Labor day feast

Sep 8, 2020, 8:46 AM

Shame it was just me and MamaG.

Grilled burgers, charcoal of course, with my balsamic onion jam, bacon, cheese, lettuce and mater, sides are German Potato Salad and my favorite baked bean recipe (both of which have onions and bacon) - so onion and bacon 3 ways!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

15/10 best weekend evur.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:47 AM
IMG_6546.jpg(286.6 K)

Closed the deal on a lakehouse on Lake Cumberland. Been a goal for many, many, many years so #feelsGoodman to pull the trigger. Plan to go up there every weekend in perpetuity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice, congrats!

Sep 8, 2020, 8:50 AM

I tried to talk the wife into a lake house.

LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought you guys didn't like going in water where you

Sep 8, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to 15/10 best weekend evur. ]

can't see the bottom.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are curve-breakers.

Sep 8, 2020, 8:52 AM

We are also 5 minutes early to everything and remain completely silent during movies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully the property value drops low enough where you

Sep 8, 2020, 8:54 AM

can buy your neighbors house and combine the lots.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congarts!***

Sep 8, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to 15/10 best weekend evur. ]

How long until permanent residence?***

Sep 8, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to 15/10 best weekend evur. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question.......

Sep 8, 2020, 9:09 AM

I like getting away from it all, but it might be a little too rural for year-round. It's two hours on the nose from my house and I still enjoy being close to Nashville.

Enjoyable but quiet for most part

Sep 8, 2020, 8:51 AM

Spent late Sat afternoon/early evening at Jocassee Valley Brewing, had two good bluegrass and country bands play. Nice change of pace from previous visit with the Guitar Army!
Hauled two boulders outa the woods behind house to use in landscaping. Took two of us to get each on a dolley to move them. The yard is coming around. Will do a lot of tree plantings in Oct/Nov to minimize the lawn.
8.5/10

Not bad

Sep 8, 2020, 9:04 AM

Friday: picked up the Blackstone and moved it in the garage

Saturday: went to Disgusta for some scokker, came home, seasoned the B-stone, and burn the hell out of my thumb.

Sunday: slept a bit, cooked breakfast on the B-stone, was a soli 4 Yelp stars.

Monday: Cooked lunch on the B-stone (smash burgers) and has scokker.

Not bad, I'm glossing over watching some Prime and sports but all in all a good three day weekend

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing

Sep 8, 2020, 9:04 AM

Friday - nothing too much crazy. Just kicked it at the house and played outside. Enchiladas were for dinner, I do remember those.

Saturday - long run. normal day of pool time and playing. Outdoor Derby Party at the track was amazing. I didn't go into the track as that looked like a COVID cesspool. 10th Anniversary, so kids went to in-laws and the wife and I went to a really good dinner and then came back home, changed and biked to town to have drinks and bar hop. Twas fun and got drunk.

Sunday - run with the wife and then grabbed the kids. Went to a couple parks and met up with friends to let the kids play. Went over to the lake to make sure the boat was still floating. Took a couple laps, but too cold to let my son and his friends tube. Had friends over for dinner, did French Dip. Really good time. Got really drunk. Like really drunk. Didn't get into trouble, so that was solid.

Monday - kids played at the school playground for hours. There were a lot of kids out there, so we just let them stay and play and we just milled around the house. Went to the pool, somewhat chilly so only stayed for about an hour. Burgers for dinner. Did have some beers and a couple of tequila shots, but nothing crazy.

Derby Party - 10/10
Anniversary Dinner - 10/10
##### - 10/10
Beer - 10/10
Tequila - 10/10

Not getting into any trouble and getting in lots of running made this weekend

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rollercoaster

Sep 8, 2020, 9:37 AM

Had to put dog down on Friday.

Decided to renovate the laundry room on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (ongoing).

Sat in the deer stand a few times. Had diarrhea out of the stand and lost a good sock.

Put up a new stand on Sunday. Saw a bunch of does but no bucks.

Boy went absolutely HAM at football practice and was the "talk of practice", showing out at DT. I've never been prouder. Not sure what got into him... hope he keeps it up. He kept looking over at me and giving me a thumbs up.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Rollercoaster

Sep 8, 2020, 9:39 AM

Bo I hate to tell you this, but if you’re spraying ‘rrhea out of your stand, you probably aren’t going to see any deer there for a while.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clarifying question.....

Sep 8, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Rollercoaster ]

Was the mudbutt so bad that it destroyed your stand, requiring the new one?

If so....respect.

So I sprayed it all on a shorter tree that was next to

Sep 8, 2020, 9:47 AM

the stand. I was hoping to drop it on the ground, where I could clean it later on.... but the small tree just scattered it out and made it stink for, I would imagine, a 1 mile radius.

The worst part is that a few minutes later, SarahAdidas told me to walk back to the house and help her with something. If I had known that I would be leaving soon, I would have just held it and walked the 1/4 mile back to the house.

So yea, I replaced the climber in my other location with a two man stand. I am too old to rack up and down a climber in my own back yard. I'll save it for more remote locations. The new stand is so close that I'll be able to run extension cords and use a space heater when it gets colder.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Sorry about the pup, bud.***

Sep 8, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Rollercoaster ]

Same as every other plague weekend with Mumbette

Sep 8, 2020, 9:57 AM

in isolation at the lake.

I get groceries, head up on Friday evening, we have a bit of snacky supper. Saturdays are the cookout days, and I bought some killer US Prime ribeyes from Costco.

I'm doing the keto diet, and I'm probably 35 pounds lighter than any of you have ever seen me before. Thank God it allows meat, but the carbs deprivation is terrible, because I do love me some pasta and bread, and dear Lowered, corn on the cob.

Cooked hamburgers Sunday, having mine with a 0 carb wrap that I found at Costco (look into it if you're under the same regimen). Came home yesterday. Boat rides in the cooler temps were wonderful, by the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Good, daughter's birthday weekend

Sep 8, 2020, 10:06 AM

rented an inflatable water slide. Had more fun than the kids on it. Regretting it now.

Lots of food, laughs, drinking, cigars.

Now back to work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Half was good, half was terrible.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:25 AM

Friday was halibut fishing, so very good.

Saturday went out and hiked Russian River Falls and waded out and fished pinks and humpies.

Sunday is when we started the trek back home, first stopping at a wildlife refuge to see some cool animals.

The travel home was terrible. Flying non-rev standby on a holiday weekend was a bad choice. Got out of Anchorage at least to Seattle. The available seats on Seattle to either DTW, MSP, or ATL were sketch, with no flights from MSP to RDU or DTW to RDU having availability at all.

So we audibled a quick flight to Portland, which had a PDX to ATL flight that had 16 seats on it showing as available. Plus the PDX to ATL flight took off the same time as the SEA to ATL flight, so adding the leg didn't do much.

So we're waiting, the more senior non-revvers started getting their seats assigned and then out of the blue when we were next, gate agent announced the plane is full. Krzywife checks travelnet and it still shows 12 authorized seats available, and it's a ########.

Well we didn't get on the plane, and got stuck in Portland. Went to a hotel for the night. That's whenever krzywife went to her non-rev facebook pages and found it's been a big deal, apparently Delta has decided that 65% capacity is what they authorize for paid passengers but are only allowing non-rev capacity to 60%. So why then is the internal travelnet page showing the 65% number and not the 60% number is the big question.

So we got on the 6:30am flight from PDX to ATL so at least we were on the east coast. There were no flights with any available seats from ATL to RDU, GSO, RIC, or CLT...so we got a rental car and drove home from ATL.

The idea that putting a plane at 65% capacity to protect from COVID is silly, and they only did it to try to get people to fly again. You're already close to everyone, let it be 100% at this point ######. People need to fly more so there's more routes too, Delta axed the SEA -> RDU flight, and basically run at 20-30% of their trips right now as well.

Travel nightmare aside, good weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Pretty, pretty good

Sep 8, 2020, 10:45 AM

Friday: Worked on adjusting the schedule for Labor day so none of my drivers had to come in.

Saturday: Boat with friends including one friend from HS that i haven't seen for probably 15 years. Lots of beers. Home, maybe a salad for dinner? It's all running together. Watched college football, ad yes i do not care if it was Utah St and Memphis or what the hell ever, it was college football.

Sunday: Out to a friends parent's lakehouse for beers and supper. Fried catfish and all the fixins. Twas excellent.

Monday: Made the one delivery that couldn't be moved to Sunday or Tuesday so my guys didn't have to come in. Home by lunch and just sort of dicked around the house, straightening in the garge, messing around in the kitchen, whatever. Made burgers for dinner and watched more college football.

11/10

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic