Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A co-worker sent this to me earlier.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

A co-worker sent this to me earlier.

Feb 3, 2017, 2:00 PM

Thursday Fact sharing:
Clemson has more 10-win seasons this decade (6) than South Carolina has in 123 years of football (4).
Clemson has more National Championships than South Carolina has Conference Championships.
Clemson has won 3 major bowl games in the last 399 calendar days. South Carolina has never played in a major bowl game.
Clemson's 5th year senior class that just finished their careers won 6 bowl games in their time at Clemson, South Carolina has won 8 bowl games in the history of their program.
Clemson has won 22 bowl games, more bowls than South Carolina has played in.
Since 2011 Clemson has lost only 13 games, South Carolina has lost 22 since 2014.
The two-largest margins of victory by an ACC team over an SEC team both belong to Clemson, beating South Carolina 63-17 and 56-7
Interesting analysis from a guy in a rivalry site I'm on...
Here is why Clemson is not a 'flash in the pan' and isn't going anywhere - and will extend the streak vs SCar into a record streak in the series.
Every BCS champion since recruiting rankings could be accurately tracked has had a blue chip rate of at least 50% in their 4 previous class prior to winning the National Championship. That having been said, let's take a look at Clemson. I'm going back 5 years (counting the 2017 class) because players from those 5 classes will be taking the field next season. I'm also using the 247 Composite rankings as they average all the services - so for this exercise should be the most accurate.
FTR - Clemson 4 year blue chip rate going into last year's National Championship season was 50%.
2013:
Blue Chips - 11
Class size - 23
Blue Chip rate - 47%
2014:
Blue Chips - 10
Class size - 22
Blue Chip rate - 45%
2015:
Blue Chips - 12
Class size - 25
Blue Chip rate - 48%
2016:
Blue Chips - 13
Class size - 22
Blue Chip rate - 59%
2017:
Blue Chips - 11
Class size - 14
Blue Chip rate - 79%
5 year span:
Blue Chips - 57
Class size - 106
Blue Chip rate - 54%
****Now let's look at SCar:
2013:
Blue Chips - 4
Class size - 24
Blue Chip rate - 17%
2014:
Blue Chips - 8
Class size - 22
Blue Chip rate - 36%
2015:
Blue Chips - 9
Class size - 36
Blue Chip rate - 25%
2016:
Blue Chips - 5
Class size - 27
Blue Chip rate - 19%
2017:
Blue Chips - 6
Class size - 25
Blue Chip rate - 24%
5 year span:
Blue Chips - 32
Class size - 134
Blue Chip rate - 24%
Clemson's blue chip rate has steadily improved each of the last 5 seasons, and will be higher again in the 2018 class (already off to a 80% start). In other words, Clemson's teams are only getting MORE talented with each class...not less. When you factor in the #1 player in the nation and best QB in the last 20 years, Trevor Lawrence, Clemson will win another national championship in the next 3-5 years...maybe multiple.
SCar on the other is not doing the same - and despite large classes year-after-year, are not being infused with difference making talent - as shown by their low blue chip rate of 24% this class. Despite a class almost double the size of Clemson's, they added half the blue chips - you can't close the gap with that level of poor recruiting. Guys like Shi Smith and OrTre Smith both said in interviews this week that they are not good enough to play at Clemson, so they went to SCar.
This is the reality of where the two programs are currently at. The gap is not closing - and only got wider with the 2017 class...and will become an even bigger gaping canyon with the 2018 class. SCar is staring at a double digit losing streak to Clemson...and of course, watching Clemson hoist at least 1 more Natty trophy in the not so distant future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A co-worker sent this to me earlier.

Feb 3, 2017, 2:02 PM

It was written yesterday. I didn't get it till today. The reason for the whole Thursday fact sharing. I'm just passing it along.

Your coworker is on Tnet***

Feb 3, 2017, 2:03 PM

Re: Your coworker is on Tnet***

Feb 3, 2017, 2:04 PM

Awesome.

Re: A co-worker sent this to me earlier.

Feb 3, 2017, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: A co-worker sent this to me earlier. ]

Even thought most tiger fan see this and don't believe the propaganda spun by lamecock fans. This chart is very helpful and interesting.
GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But SEC?***

Feb 3, 2017, 2:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something, something, women's basketball.***

Feb 3, 2017, 2:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Clemson has more Natty's than USuCk has Conference Champs

Feb 3, 2017, 2:24 PM

and the only Conference they ever won

was a watered down, 8-team, basketball-centric, regional version of the ACC

they now talk about as being weak and non-competitive....

so, I guess they shouldn't claim the 1969 trophy after all then?

Re: Clemson has more Natty's than USuCk has Conference Champs

Feb 3, 2017, 2:48 PM

I'm convinced no matter what facts you present them they will spin it and act like they came out ahead of Clemson. But their body language and their lack of interest in wanting to talk football says all I need to know. At least with the ones I have encountered lately.

Blue chips vs. cow chips

Feb 3, 2017, 2:51 PM

And they call us taters.

Funny.

It's not

Feb 3, 2017, 4:01 PM

All recruiting..... it's about what you do with them when they become Tigers!

Some coaches are better than others in developing talent. We have the best!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic