Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

New Story: Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season

Apr 25, 2018, 8:14 AM

Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season

The start of football season is still months away, but that doesn’t stop college football fans from thinking ahead and I’m no exception. As we’ve driven to and fro over the past month or so, Nikki and I have talked about what we think will happen and what we think could happen. That leads to today’s predictions, where we’ll talk about things that are well within the realm of possibility and others that might be a little bit out there. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season

Apr 25, 2018, 8:20 AM

Agree that Clemson goes undefeated during the regular season. How SC is getting all this love beyond me. Their offense was 109th last year. The had no ability to run the ball - at all. They return the same bunch of mediocre RBs and a QB who ranks in the bottom 3rd of the SEC in QBR. Their only playmaker (Samuels) is returning from an injury so it remains to be seen how well he bounces back. Georgia is hanging a double digit beating on them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 9:36 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if SC wins. By every measure, UGa should spank them, but it seems like every other year or so SC beats the odds and beats a much better team, only to go on and lose to teams like Kentucky, Citadel and/or Vandy that they think they should easily beat. They may not be as good as UGa, but with a home field advantage, sometimes all you need to do is THINK you're good enough and that can put you over the hump. We all know SC's been thinking they're good for decades!!

Apr 25, 2018, 10:18 AM

I would agree if Spurrier were still coaching SC and Richt at UGA. I'm convinced Spurrier could pull a kid out of the tuba section to play QB and beat UGA. Georgia has the clear talent advantage and SC only wins if UGA comes in unprepared. I find it hard to believe Kirby will let the Dawgs look past SC to Middle Tennessee.

Point for picking Clemson over Georgia....

Apr 25, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season ]

The ice is in the back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple wrong on here imo.

Apr 25, 2018, 8:23 AM

Georgia still beats South Carolina.

The other I definitely see as wrong is Michigan beating Ohio STate. Ohio State is going to be improved and their young QB has a great chance to be invited to the Heisman ceremony. He is a freak. Ohio State is going to be really good this year.

Re: A couple wrong on here imo.

Apr 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

Has O State named the starting QB? The last thing I’ve seen on it was the battle it’s been with Martell and Haskins.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are just saying that to keep competition alive.

Apr 25, 2018, 10:25 AM

Haskins is their guy. He is a stud.

Apr 25, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to A couple wrong on here imo. ]

I wouldn't care if OSU only wins one game as long as that win is against Michigan and Jim Harbaugh!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to A couple wrong on here imo. ]

What bothers me the most about OSU, is if they win 6 games, there will be people at the top wanting to put them as the #1-4 ranked team in the nation!!! Their losses will be excused for what ever reason!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame too*****

Apr 25, 2018, 12:32 PM

Apr 25, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to A couple wrong on here imo. ]

I agree. Dawgs lost some ballers, but if you follow recruting......plenty of plug and play guys on the roster. Gonna be a fun game to watch, but if the coots doni fix that o line we're gonna see about what we saw last year. Solid, but not enough to consistently take teams down who are deeper at every position. We'll see. They get up for that game that's for sure.

Apr 25, 2018, 8:31 AM

IMO, the Clemson and AL predictions will be spot on. I really hope the coots are less than you expect, but we whip them, no matter how they do on their very weak side of the conference. And, oh, by the way, the "thumb" thing is just a start for the whippings they will tote from Clemson for the foreseeable future. Muschamp (the spell check suggests the word mishap, instead of Muschamp which seems appropriate) may get fired before he ever wins a game against their most hated, and feared, and envied rival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 9:39 AM

I think our rivalry is far more important to SC than it is to us, mainly because the odds of them winning the SEC any time soon are slim to none (heavy on the none!). If they lose to us 4 or 5 times or more in a row, then Chump is gone. Period. Even if they win the SEC Least again. Gamecockland couldn't handle that. For us, the motivation is that SC could be the spoiler each year on a perfect season or hurt our poll standings. For them, the motivation is that it makes their season, no matter what preceded the game. I just don't think ol' Chumpy has what it takes.

Apr 25, 2018, 10:09 AM

What Usuc does for us, is hurt our SOS!!!

UGA lost a lot a talent

Apr 25, 2018, 9:03 AM

But unlike the coots, they actually HAVE talent to lose. Yet for some reason, that games seems to be close every year even though it shouldnt be. Ultimately though, UGA wins it anyway.

Apr 25, 2018, 9:12 AM

Any predictions on how Chad Morris does in his first year of the SEC?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 9:24 AM

Could have potential to win 8+ wins, but may be .500 at best in SEC West. Wish nothing but the best for Morris! Glad he took the job and Venables didn’t choose to!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season ]

Chad Morris is an Aggie and I was so glad when the Aggies passed on him and hired Dumbo Fisher. Living in Texas, there's not many people, more annoying than Aggies even if there are a few good ones mixed in.

I think Morris will kill it at Arky. But, since he is an Aggie grad, I fear Fisher failing and the Aggie's hiring Morris away from the Hogs.

Sleep deprivation is for real

Apr 25, 2018, 9:41 AM

Congrats on the addition to the family.

Up to us to figure out the crazy parts***

Apr 25, 2018, 9:49 AM

nm

David and Niki Prediction...

Apr 25, 2018, 10:08 AM

Twins :)

SCar is not beating UGA, and Mich is not beating Ohio St.

Apr 25, 2018, 10:53 AM

Florida will be much tougher under Dan Mullen, too. And Clemson would beat the bejeezus out of all of them.

Re: SCar is not beating UGA, and Mich is not beating Ohio St.

Apr 25, 2018, 12:01 PM

I guess so, right now we are the best college FB team in the country I believe!!! Dabo has brought to Clemson some amazing success. I remember well when we would hope to fit in the top 25 in the country and be happy when we did, and now we can get on here and feel very comfortable at saying we are the best team in the country. My MY what a wonderful time to be a Clemson Tiger that is loud and proud!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

handle checks out***

Apr 25, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to SCar is not beating UGA, and Mich is not beating Ohio St. ]

Best Is The Standard

Apr 25, 2018, 10:56 AM

100% agreed on the tide and tigers facing each other again and I think the advantage has always gone to the team that lost the last game. Alabama is breaking in The entire back end of our defense +2 new coordinators. Clemson has an established coaching staff, lots of talent coming in, And improved offense and especially the revenge factor. This is commentary, not a prediction. After last season, I’ll never doubt Alabama again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 10:56 AM

100% agreed on the tide and tigers facing each other again and I think the advantage has always gone to the team that lost the last game. Alabama is breaking in The entire back end of our defense +2 new coordinators. Clemson has an established coaching staff, lots of talent coming in, And improved offense and especially the revenge factor. This is commentary, not a prediction. After last season, I’ll never doubt Alabama again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since Syracuse is at home and Pitt isn't on the schedule

Apr 25, 2018, 11:34 AM

you might be right

Gotta get by that team in Boston tho to break the 2 year Yankee curse.

Everything about Arizona State is incorrect.

Apr 25, 2018, 11:57 AM

They ranked 120th in passing yards allowed, not third. They averaged 31.9 points per game, not 38.0. And Taylor Kelly was a senior in 2014. Manny Wilkins is their quarterback.

Re: Everything about Arizona State is incorrect.

Apr 25, 2018, 12:24 PM

ASU winning the Pac 12 South is a bit of a sensationalized pick. I don't think they will do much under Herm Edwards (still don't know why he decided to coach them) especially in the 1st year. Unless USC falls off of a cliff, I don't think it will happen

South Carolina will not beat UGa.

Apr 25, 2018, 12:29 PM

Yes they “lost major talent”, but they brought a bunch back. And in case you didn’t notice, added the best class in the country in 2018.

No team should fear the Coots as long as the middle school prodigy is at QB.

What? No prediction on who starts at QB through the season?***

Apr 25, 2018, 12:53 PM

Apr 25, 2018, 1:10 PM

Agreed, I think Alabama and Clemson will meet each other again next year and the loser of the last game always has extra motivation. It certainly worked in Alabama’s favor last season. Clemson has a lot of talent coming in, plus a well coordinated coaching staff. Alabama loses the whole backend of our defense and Saban is Breaking in two new coordinators. Sounds bad for Bama, but I have faith…

Out of Curiosity

Apr 25, 2018, 2:23 PM

Which ones were the 'not-so-crazy' predictions? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season ]

Here's my crazy prediction. We beat the chickens once again and if anyone of our quarterbacks are making every throw on the field look easy, there will be a new margin of victory record set once again!!

You really only lose one coordinator

Apr 25, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Crazy and not-so-crazy predictions for the 2018 season ]

Saban runs the defense and you’ve had multiple OC’s over the past few years. Unless he plays Hurts over Tau, you won’t see much growing pains with the new coordinators.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I've learned anything since SCar joined the SEC

Apr 26, 2018, 8:06 AM

It's that somehow they always manage to play UGA tough. I cannot for the life of me figure out how. I never count them out of that game no matter how bad they are or how good UGA is, and UGA almost never blows them out.

Re: If I've learned anything since SCar joined the SEC

Apr 26, 2018, 9:21 AM

UGA has beaten SC 4 of the past 5 years by an average of 18 points. I don't know what you consider a blowout but the Dawgs have won those games by 11, 32, 14, and 14.

A blowout would be something like 34-10 or 56-7

Apr 26, 2018, 9:23 AM

or 63-17.

Re: If I've learned anything since SCar joined the SEC

Apr 26, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: If I've learned anything since SCar joined the SEC ]

And in the past 8 games the series is tied 4-4. Only one of those UGA wins was by more than 14. 14 points is a solid win, but not a blowout. Statistics are a tricky way to make your case.

I didn't say UGA wasn't the better team/program, because they are; I just said SCar usually manages to play UGA close enough to keep things real interesting right up until the end. Usually. I can remember a few major upsets, in Columbia and Athens both, where SCar should not have stood a chance but ended up with an upset.

Apr 26, 2018, 8:57 AM

Lmao! Hey David.....your friend lied to you. Talent abounds in Athens Ga. We lost some experience but it's not as if we're replacing starters with athletes that have never seen the field. South Carolina will not beat GA.

Apr 26, 2018, 1:00 PM

Seriously David you must really trust this guy's opinion. How can anyone with even the slightest shred of intelligence make such a prediction based off of our spring game where a heavy run based team did nothing but throw the ball? Which leads me to...... how are the GC's going to stop us from running it down their throat. Pittman has assembled two massively talented Olines in Athens. Our #2's would be #1's in most programs. It'll be hot as hayall in the Willy B that day...we'll rotate two lines of scrimmage and rush for 250 in the 2nd half.

UGA/SCar is week 2 in Columbia

Apr 28, 2018, 9:39 AM

If this game is played later in the season or in Athens, UGA wins. But it's the perfect time and place for SCar. UGA has loads of talent, but not much experience. They will be scary good in 2019-2020.

SCar has TAMU and Ole Miss out of the West, while UGA has Auburn and LSU. If SCar is ever going to win the East again, 2018 is the year.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic