Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In the news today, the phrase, "will never forgive..."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 494

In the news today, the phrase, "will never forgive..."

Nov 9, 2018, 12:16 PM

What a sad statement. Another word for that attitude is "bitterness". I've been there, and in some areas, I'm still there.

May we always be eager and ready to forgive, as we have been forgiven.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bit more context, pls***

Nov 9, 2018, 12:18 PM

Mrs. Obama writes in her memoir that she will never forgive

Nov 9, 2018, 12:23 PM

Mr. Trump for his involvement in the "birther" movement about her husband.

The President has responded this morning by saying that he will never forgive President Obama for what he did to the military.

Did Trump say what Obama did to the military?***

Nov 9, 2018, 12:28 PM

Not in any specific terms, that I saw. It was "depleted".

Nov 9, 2018, 12:30 PM

It struck me as more of a "revenge quote" for Mrs. Obama's statement, not intended as a nuanced policy statement.

I think the President misapplies the concept of forgiveness.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:38 PM

Forgiveness is about personal wrongs between individuals. I think it's a stretch to apply that to the effects government policies have on us.

In essence Trump said Obama let the military get...

Nov 9, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Did Trump say what Obama did to the military?*** ]

run down and depleted, as Prod said, and neglected to do his duty to protect Americans. He said he had to rebuild it to bring it back to the order it was. I'm paraphrasing without intent to deceive.

Trump said he would discuss it further and took other questions. Yes, I saw the film.

Trump was asked about Acosta's trolling and defended himself and Sarah Hucklebee and the rude treatment which Acosta had shown them. The crowd of reporters didn't cut him off. When he asked to finish a question they responded with silence.

He promised to fill the 9th circuit with judges. The 9th rejected the administration's DACA appeal which seemed to delight the POTUS. He smiled a bit and said he looked forward to the DACA question going before the SCOTUS.

I haven't seen the conclusion of the press/POTUS encounter yet. Ask later and I'll promise to do my best to give you an accurate account.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goodness he is petty

Nov 9, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Did Trump say what Obama did to the military?*** ]

Michelle seems to hold grudges, though

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is this in reference to?

Nov 9, 2018, 12:19 PM

I've definitely noticed a move towards more emotional exhibitionism lately, rather than the more stoic attitude that would tend towards forbearance and forgiveness. I think it has something to do with people wanting to show that their sensibilities are especially righteous. But in the immediate aftermath of some traumatic events, it's hard for me to criticize somebody for not wanting to forgive whoever caused the event.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An unwillingness to forgive is always a exhibition of pride.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:25 PM

It is an attitude that says, I'm up here, and they're down there, and they don't deserve my forgiveness.

When we realize we don't deserve forgiveness any more than "them," then we are on the right track.

Pride isn't something I run short on.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:44 PM

I fear, really literal fear, of not forgiving people because the way I read the scripture we ask God to forgive us as we have forgiven others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the most difficult commands in the Bible.

Nov 9, 2018, 12:47 PM

Most of us are in the same boat as you.

I doubt it.

Nov 9, 2018, 1:18 PM

I've been run hard and put up wet. I have seen times when I had not one single person to turn to for comfort and fellowship. God separated me from others to teach me what the 51st Psalm means. I memorized it as a child and remembered it often when it was the subject of sermons but I never got the fullness as I did in those times alone with Him.

I lay in the bed and said the verses but I couldn't remember the order. It was as profound an experience as being saved when the verses came to order in my heart. 'He leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his namesake.' That puts a dent in a man's pride.

I used to struggle with forgiveness.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:15 PM

Ironically, I seemed to have the biggest problem with it when I was a Christian. There are still a few people in life where I have trouble with it.

But what I have learned is to let the anger and bitterness go. I understand some people will never admit fault for their transgressions, while I don't have to necessarily make peace with them, I can make peace with myself over it.

The best revenge truly is to live well.

I hope Michelle Obama can find a way to do that, but I see where she's coming from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 13
| visibility 494
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic