Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Tale of Two Quarterbacks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Dec 7, 2016, 1:17 PM

Quarterback A and Quarterback B are both the unquestioned MVPs and leaders of their respective teams.

Quarterback A has led his team to 9 victories over FBS teams. Those nine FBS teams have a combined record of 44-64 (a .407 winning percentage).

Quarterback B has led his team to 11 victories over FBS teams. Those eleven FBS teams have a combined record of 80-53 (a .601 winning percentage).

Quarterback A’s team has one win over a team that finished the season with a better-than-.500 record. That win came at home.

Quarterback B’s team has six wins over teams that finished the season with a better-than-.500 record. Four of those six wins came away from home.

Here are the stats for each quarterback since November 1:

Quarterback A

Passing: 62 completions in 111 attempts (55.9%), 868 yards, 8 touchdowns, 4 interceptions

Rushing: 87 attempts for 542 yards (6.2 yards per carry), 5 touchdowns

Fumbles/lost: 5/4

Team record: 2-2

Quarterback B

Passing: 138 completions in 186 attempts (74.2%), 1,586 yards, 15 touchdowns, 5 interceptions

Rushing: 41 attempts for 198 yards (4.8 yards per carry), 5 touchdowns

Fumbles/lost: 0/0

Team record: 4-1

Quarterback A’s team did not win their conference division and will be playing in the Citrus Bowl.

Quarterback B’s team won their conference championship and is in the College Football Playoff for the second consecutive year.

Who is your Heisman trophy winner between these two?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: A Tale of Two Quarterbacks

Dec 7, 2016, 1:23 PM

Well seeing the season does not start in November idk. I hope DW wins and I believe he should but to discredit Lamar's stats in the early part of the season is wrongful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great players deliver at championship time

Dec 7, 2016, 1:26 PM

Non-great players fumble the game away to Kentucky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What, when he was playing in the 4th Qtr against the

Dec 7, 2016, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: A Tale of Two Quarterbacks ]

Lutheran Church Choir so he could pad his stats???

You mean those meaningful stats?

Give me a break.

Lamar Jackson would have sh!t his pants if he had to open the season in Jordan-Hare.

Re: What, when he was playing in the 4th Qtr against the

Dec 7, 2016, 1:38 PM

I do not like Lamar as much as any of you but to discredit him is ridiculous. He came into Death Valley and did a very good job and you think he could not do that against Auburn? I will give you Charlotte and Marshall. Cuse was impressive what he did. Putting those stats up against a high school team would be impressive. Dude is pretty dang good. I do think DW deserves the Heisman because of how he preforms under pressure in big games. The Heisman is for the whole season though stats do not just start in November.

Dec 7, 2016, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: A Tale of Two Quarterbacks ]

I don't think he's discredited anyone stats but more less looming at the totality. We definitely have orange tinted glasses but if you want to compare complete stats you have to look at the total level of competition it's a crime that Watson didn't win it last year or atleast McCaffrey it you took away Henry Alabama is still Alabama take away Watson or McCaffrey, Clemson and Stanford are good but nothe great teams. No doubt what Jackson has done this year is impressive but he's just over 50% completion and turned the ball over alot during the teams push to possibly make the playoffs and he regressed as the season progressed and the other only got better one of the main reason Watson is not leading is because of unrealistic expectations placed on him not only by us fans but the whole college football nation to play as well as he has with all the expectations and have almost two full seasons of tape to review is remarkable but in the end I won't complain either way both deserve it....take away Jackson and Lville might only win 7-8 games tops....GO TIGERS will be in the desert to clear them on!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The entire comparision is not from Nov 1 to now...

Dec 7, 2016, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: A Tale of Two Quarterbacks ]

The winning percentage of competition, along with the amount of time that Petrino left his hotdog QB out there in garbage time, skew the stats as well.

Watson is by far the better QB at this point. LJ may get there, but he ain't there yet. The stats from Nov. 1, when it's crunch time, prove that. Watson was just much better. And if his defense hadn't taken the first half off against Pitt we probably aren't even debating this. He would be leading his team on another undefeated regular season title run, and the clear front runner for the Heisman and every other trophy a QB can win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm all for Watson winning it.

Dec 7, 2016, 2:21 PM

I'd choose him every time as or QB.

But one could argue that without the 2 redzone interceptions against PITT he'd be the frontrunner.

Again, I'd take him, he's clearly the better QB in this comparison. But he has had a probem with interceptions this year, and it may be the reason why perception was never able to shift the hype away from Jackson's campaign.

That and the simple fact that Dabo doesn't leave him in in garbage time. a few more meaningless TD's and a few hundred more running yards against already beaten teams would've put him over the top, but that clearly isn't Dabo's way and the team is better for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Doubt

Dec 7, 2016, 1:24 PM

Jimmy Greenbeans

I really hope Watson wins, but you could just as easily

Dec 7, 2016, 1:28 PM

do something similar with stats before November 1 to show how far ahead Lamar was. If Watson hadn't come out the gates slow he would probably be the favorite right now, but the whole season does matter.

That is exactly what espn is doing with lamar.

Dec 7, 2016, 2:01 PM

Nothing but sept and Oct talk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Obviously B is DW4

Dec 7, 2016, 1:31 PM

do you think we're idiots?

Wow. You're good at this game.***

Dec 7, 2016, 1:33 PM

The mange isn't that difficult***

Dec 7, 2016, 1:55 PM

Uh, it was a rhetorical question***

Dec 7, 2016, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Obviously B is DW4 ]

null

then why even ask

Dec 7, 2016, 1:52 PM

just post "DW4 deserves the Heisman over LJ" and be done with it.

To be fair, that's the point of a rhetorical question

Dec 7, 2016, 2:16 PM

You might as well ask why they exist at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was a reetorical question***

Dec 7, 2016, 2:21 PM

Then why even ask it?

Dec 7, 2016, 2:22 PM

;)

Sept and Oct don't matter?***

Dec 7, 2016, 1:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Full season: LJ has 1000 more rush yds, DW 500 more pass yds***

Dec 7, 2016, 1:59 PM

null

So LJ is +500 yards overall vs. DW4

Dec 7, 2016, 2:02 PM

But Watson played twice as many teams that finished with winning records.

Take level of competition into account. Does that compensate for a 500-yard difference?

null

A couple of things (okay 3 things):

Dec 7, 2016, 1:47 PM

Jackson is a great player obviously. I wonder if the pounding of an entire football season eventually wore him down? He put up crazy numbers early, then just average numbers late...

It's interesting that Jackson played the entire game against Marshall - a game they were leading 52-7 in the 4th quarter.

Jackson's skinny arms = fumbles? I once asked Chad Morris why Mike Bellamy couldn't get onto the field at Clemson. He said Bellamy had "never cast his shadow in a weight room in high school" and therefore was too weak to hang onto a football in college. Jackson just looks "weak" to me...

Removed stupid comment I made about non-FBS teams...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They played 12 FBS teams, but lost to three of them***

Dec 7, 2016, 1:50 PM

null

Based on those stats - QB B; full season season - QB A

Dec 7, 2016, 1:53 PM

My guess is that QB A's first couple of months were pretty impressive

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2016, 1:55 PM

You left out QB A is the only player to be playing on a 3 loss team and the only player of the 5 finalist not to play on the last week if the season before bowl selections were made.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I looked a "A's" stats for FSU and my conclusion...

Dec 7, 2016, 1:56 PM

...while they killed FSU LJ's stats weren't really wowie material. Without looking into it more I have no idea how they got that many points based on LJ's stats. Maybe some pick 6's and int's in FSU's red zone?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2016, 2:09 PM

I vote for quarterback"B" !!!!!

Truth Is ***

Dec 7, 2016, 2:12 PM

If you are a Clemson fan ( as most of us are ) you vote for DW4 --- if not ,you vote for one of the others !!!! ___ that's just the way it is ???

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic