Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A North Carolina view of Clemon's season & ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,929

A North Carolina view of Clemon's season & ACC

Aug 24, 2013, 2:13 PM

This is a pretty decent viewpoint. Essentially, he's saying that Clemson has the best chance in the ACC to overcome the ratings bias given the schedule. And he makes the point that some on these boards have questioned - the importance of beating both SEC teams goes beyond the numerical W-L for the season. It is key to break any logjam about ratings (strength of schedule and all that..).

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/colleges/column-see-why-the-acc-needs-to-root-for-clemson-in-2013-1.192421?page=0

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the exception of the first 3 paragraphs....

Aug 24, 2013, 2:19 PM

good article.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A North Carolina view of Clemon's season & ACC

Aug 24, 2013, 2:21 PM

nice article but the way ACC has treated us in the past and the way Swoff handled girdle gate penalizing CU first and then having to backtrack says otherwise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was girdle gate?***

Aug 24, 2013, 2:22 PM

Re: What was girdle gate?

Aug 24, 2013, 2:26 PM

I think 2 or 3 years ago some pictures came out of CU practicing in shorts that had thigh pads. Swoff was going to dock us one or two practices until picts surfaced of NC and NCSt and others doing the same thing. It was legal but typical read, fire, aim from swoff with regard to penalizing CU.

I dont like the man and I dont think andy conf commish should be from a conf member school. Supposed to be impartail.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah I forget andy's last name

Aug 24, 2013, 2:37 PM

but I dont like him either. ;)

Deer David Hood,

Aug 24, 2013, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: What was girdle gate? ]

why didn't you cover this episode of 'As The Stomach Turns,' staring John Swofford. Your last composition on this subject had me fooled into thinking the entire Swaffie vs Clemson thing was an errant fan rumor or just an internet fabrication.

truly,
CT88

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he has also shown up to an national event, i forget what it

Aug 24, 2013, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: What was girdle gate? ]

was, but if memory serves me right, it had an acc team representing, but it was not unc, swoffie however, was wearing an unc shirt or lapel pin, one of the two. that little flash of memory just reminds me how PRO-UNC the man is, which you can not have as an conference commissioner,and be taken seriously, as a conference,imo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he has also shown up to an national event, i forget what it

Aug 24, 2013, 2:54 PM

yep that concept has always bothered me. an alum of a non member school removes that possibility. of course with all the conf shifting a commish could be or not be a member alum on a moments notice any more

You forgot what it was?

Aug 24, 2013, 3:37 PM [ in reply to he has also shown up to an national event, i forget what it ]

It was UNCheat's NCAA hearing!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You forgot what it was?

Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 PM

yeah that was another gem to show his impartiality

Re: another point here the ACC presidents

Aug 24, 2013, 3:42 PM

should have fired his behind on the spot over that. totally ridiculous

they were practicing in girdles. Something middle school

Aug 24, 2013, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: What was girdle gate? ]

teams wear to every practice, even the first ones.

Stupid tobacco road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Notice the clear and obvious absense of...

Aug 24, 2013, 2:44 PM

any of the north carolina teams having a propensity to contribution to the conference status?

I hope that dumb sonofa swaffie loving slut hoe doesn't think we are playing for him or any of his ilk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Times are definitely changing

Aug 24, 2013, 3:00 PM

Just like the SEC, the ACC must support its marque football programs for the TV money. It must be hard for Tobacco Road to admit pulling for the Tigers. I might even try to pull for the Blue Bellys.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Times are definitely changing

Aug 24, 2013, 3:06 PM

Maybe against USC, USuCk, OSU, Tejus, ND or UMich but against a team I don't specifically hate more than UNC.

It's hard for me to not root for the ACC to be better

Aug 24, 2013, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Times are definitely changing ]

no matter which team. I just don't think UNC is in the top third. Solidly in the middle third, maybe. Adding Louisville may make it harder for UNC to get to and stay in the top third. The better the ACC is out of conference, the better for Clemson.

In the last decade they haven't done so well in rankings, bowls, or ACC championship either. They are key in helping the ACC put players into the NFL, though. Go figure.

Number one....

Aug 24, 2013, 3:55 PM

(sorry--this should have gone under the OP)

1) I personally don't want the fans of ANY ACC team cheering for the Tigers. They need to understand, if the situation was reversed, I WOULD NOT reciprocate and cheer for their school. Skru them and the ACC.

2) Denying Swofford's very obvious bias towards unc is just absurd. I'm sure that "strongly worded letter of reprimand" is tucked securely away though its pulled out and read at all unc AD staff meetings......the conference office's silence in the midst of one of the worst academic/athletic fraud cases in the history of intercollegiate sports speaks volumes. The incredible thing is, though the case was already adjudicated by both the NCAA and the conference (chuckle), more and more evidence of further wrongdoing by unc has been coming to light---but as of yet there's been no reopening of the investigation nor calls by the conference office to do so.

3) Whatever happens, Clemson is NOT playing for the rest of the ACC or to refute the conference's well-deserved reputation as a basketball conference. They wanted it...they got it.

4) Although not anxious to be moving, I'd be more than willing to listen to overtures from other conferences about moving on.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why shoot your foot just for spite?

Aug 24, 2013, 4:12 PM

As long as Clemson is in the ACC, it makes sense to support the ACC to me. Fight as hard as you want to move to another conference, fine. You don't have to actively cheer on every other ACC team during every game. But the better the ACC does, the better for us. Especially out of conference. As long as we are here....

Re: Why shoot your foot just for spite?

Aug 24, 2013, 4:24 PM

I don't root for other teams and I don't think I'm shooting myself in the foot because I don't think if I do or don't root for a team it affects the outcome one iota... except rooting for Clemson. My support is crucial for their success.

Agree. If the ACC wants to be taken seriously, there has to

Aug 24, 2013, 4:25 PM [ in reply to It's hard for me to not root for the ACC to be better ]

be some success by other teams besides Clemson. More success equals more money for the Tigers and takes no skin off my back. Don't see any problem with that scenario.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,929
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic