Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A NEW CLEMSON TRADITION?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

A NEW CLEMSON TRADITION?

Aug 13, 2012, 5:38 PM

There has been an excellent, long-running thread on TNet today, "Dying Clemson Traditions," begun by Clemchem, which is very interesting reading. I've long thought that Clemson could begin a new one run by the students via a lottery, perhaps. A number of students would be selected prior to each home game, garbed in similiar Clemson attire, to follow the cannoneer leading the team down the hill. Call it the "Clemson Spirit" or such, and let these students represent the entire student body, grads and the rest of the Clemson family in the symbolism of the hill. I can tell you from my own experience that these students would remember this the rest of their lives, for there is nothing comparable to standing atop the hill watching and hearing thousands of the Clemson faithful standing, cheering and clapping while Tiger Band blares out Tiger Rag. And I'd bet the students would jump at the chance to participate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saying New and Tradition in the same sentence

Aug 13, 2012, 5:41 PM

smells of coot. sorry. it is what it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A poor choice of words on my part, perhaps....How

Aug 13, 2012, 5:44 PM

about "another" rather than "new?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not so sure that is TAC accepted..

Aug 13, 2012, 5:48 PM

need a ruling?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...Nah, I won't get too technical....Just expressing

Aug 13, 2012, 5:58 PM

some thoughts.

How about

Aug 13, 2012, 6:20 PM [ in reply to A poor choice of words on my part, perhaps....How ]

Establish?????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: saying New and Tradition in the same sentence

Aug 13, 2012, 6:16 PM [ in reply to saying New and Tradition in the same sentence ]

Every tradition starts out new...

No, it doesn't

Aug 13, 2012, 7:36 PM

The thing starts as a new practice and in time becomes a tradition at which point it is no longer new :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I think this would be a blast as a student,

Aug 13, 2012, 6:29 PM

I would not like to see this happen. Running down the hill is one of the greatest traditions in college football. There are only a select few who get to participate in this glorious tradition. Those players and coaches have earned that right through hard work, dedication, blood, sweat, and tears. They deserve to stand atop the Hill and have 83,000 fans scream for them.

The students need to yell as loud as they can for the players and coaches. Let those guys enjoy their time in the spotlight. Don't cheapen the greatest tradition in college football.

Cheapen? As in letting Coach Munson run down???

Aug 13, 2012, 6:47 PM

Sorry, had to say it!!!!

Re: Cheapen?

Aug 13, 2012, 7:35 PM

i vote for a lottery for students that actually pick up their tickets and go to all games in their 4 years at Clemson....

Message was edited by: bengalbabe®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No I don't want some clowns who won the lotto in front of

Aug 13, 2012, 8:31 PM

the team, if they must do this I want them to FOLLOW the team.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic