Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A D3 talent saying a D1 school didnt play him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

A D3 talent saying a D1 school didnt play him

Dec 23, 2014, 12:11 PM

Bc of "politics" is rich. D Rod doesnt have D1 talent much less NFL talent. Dabo gave him a opportunity above his pay grade. Thanks to Dabo he now has a book and movie. How dare he accuse Dabo and the coaching staff of playing politics with him. In fact, Dabo went over and beyond to promote D Rod and get him on the field. There are hundreds of thousands of veterans just like D Rod, yet Dabo gave him the oppurtunity and platform to get his story out. You werent talented enough to see the field yet Dabo played you anyways, so how bout showing some appreciation instead of accusing him and this staff of playing politics.

P.S. Theres a reason the others were on scholarship and played more, they belonged in D1.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson wouldn't have let him in the door.

Dec 23, 2014, 12:19 PM

The University had to roll over and play 'SEC,' to get this guy in school. We then spent hard earned athletic department dollars to train his body and mind to play at this level of competition.

The truth is, we got a heck of a lot more out of this than a 5'7" WR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of that is well and good

Dec 23, 2014, 12:27 PM

Until his comment. Biting the hand that feeds you much?

Only a non-vet could be so critical, Dan has helped many to

Dec 23, 2014, 12:20 PM

see Clemson in different eyes. Dan has worked so hard, unbelievably hard to recover from his PTSD and has inspired and continues to inspire other vets to do the same. Only non-vets could be so full of shallow, thin - skin and reactionary! I am proud of Dabo and Clemson for giving Dan the chance. And now the struggling MEDAL OF HONOR Bowl is getting some good Pub. for giving Dan a chance!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont have a problem with us giving him

Dec 23, 2014, 12:25 PM

This opportunity, its the lack of appreciation and respect by his accusatory comment.

Doesn't "thin skinned" refer to people who can't take fair

Dec 23, 2014, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Only a non-vet could be so critical, Dan has helped many to ]

and reasonable criticism without being reactionary and lashing out with personal attacks and sweeping generalizations?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and that applies to all of you criticizing Dan!***

Dec 23, 2014, 1:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, and that applies to all of you criticizing Dan!***

Dec 23, 2014, 1:17 PM

I havnt read the book or the quote, but D-rod is allowed his opinion, just that some opinions shouldn't be put on a book, unless you have something to back it up with, especially how sensitive people are these days and look for something to win with

Seriously, time to change your handle again.***

Dec 23, 2014, 12:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Ive clearly had this one for years

Dec 23, 2014, 12:22 PM

So no thanks

Is your opinion more important than his?

Dec 23, 2014, 12:33 PM

Just sayin'...

Hooah!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No its not

Dec 23, 2014, 12:35 PM

But his self opinion is higher than mine, I understand my abilities and limits

I read his quote, and I didn't see anything to get

Dec 23, 2014, 12:39 PM

in a twist about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He clearly made it sound like we played kids

Dec 23, 2014, 12:51 PM

That werent as good as him, just bc they were on scholarship. The fact he thinks he is as good or better than our scholarship players is insane.

Why do you even care so much?

Dec 23, 2014, 1:35 PM

The guy brought great publicity to Clemson, and he'll be a good ambassador for the school. If a relatively benign comment like this is all it takes for you to turn on somebody, maybe you need to take a few steps back from the ledge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realize he benefited Clemson as well

Dec 23, 2014, 1:40 PM

Im just not down for biting the hand that feeds you. Dabo didnt deserve it.

Re: Why do you even care so much?

Dec 23, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Why do you even care so much? ]

I still like D-Rod, just don't believe that should've been put in a book that's all

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic