Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Clemson Enabler
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

A Clemson Enabler

Dec 25, 2017, 7:24 PM

47 years ago I married Janie in her small hometown in North Carolina. Her father had been a Duke graduate. Her uncle was a UNC graduate. Her sisters were Duke and South Carolina graduates. I was a definite outsider from South Carolina who had chosen Clemson as his place of educational worship.

After a few years, Janie and I were blessed with twin daughters, who were encouraged by Janie to sit on my lap and cheer for the Tigers whenever we could watch the Tigers on TV. When the girls were about 6 years old, Janie took them to a seamstress for a surprise and didn't tell me what it was until I found out when I came home from a business trip one Saturday morning, looking forward to watching a Clemson football game on TV and found my two daughters on the front porch dressed as Clemson cheerleaders, with complete and authentically appearing cheerleader outfits. I was blown away. My daughters wore those cheerleader outfits for several years and even though one is a UVA graduate and one is a Wake Forest graduate, they still cheer for Clemson today and always defer to my love for Clemson. Every Christmas there were some stocking stuffers with a Clemson connection. When I built my TV room, Janie made sure it was furnished with Clemson paraphernalia. When I bought new luggage, she made sure I could recognize it by applying Clemson stickers. When I bought new cars, she always made sure there were Clemson license plate frames...... she has done so many little things. I owe Janie such a debt of gratitude for her consideration of things that matter to me.

Recently, I came to recognize something that mattered to me more than anything when Janie died 2 months ago. She was my life, my wife, my partner, the mother to my children and an enabler for a Clemson family. She could have easily resisted and fostered discord, but she chose to cast her lot with my loyalty to Clemson.

Today was a tough day - I miss her very much..... Merry Christmas, Janie!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic