Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Clemson Enabler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

A Clemson Enabler

Dec 25, 2017, 7:24 PM

47 years ago I married Janie in her small hometown in North Carolina. Her father had been a Duke graduate. Her uncle was a UNC graduate. Her sisters were Duke and South Carolina graduates. I was a definite outsider from South Carolina who had chosen Clemson as his place of educational worship.

After a few years, Janie and I were blessed with twin daughters, who were encouraged by Janie to sit on my lap and cheer for the Tigers whenever we could watch the Tigers on TV. When the girls were about 6 years old, Janie took them to a seamstress for a surprise and didn't tell me what it was until I found out when I came home from a business trip one Saturday morning, looking forward to watching a Clemson football game on TV and found my two daughters on the front porch dressed as Clemson cheerleaders, with complete and authentically appearing cheerleader outfits. I was blown away. My daughters wore those cheerleader outfits for several years and even though one is a UVA graduate and one is a Wake Forest graduate, they still cheer for Clemson today and always defer to my love for Clemson. Every Christmas there were some stocking stuffers with a Clemson connection. When I built my TV room, Janie made sure it was furnished with Clemson paraphernalia. When I bought new luggage, she made sure I could recognize it by applying Clemson stickers. When I bought new cars, she always made sure there were Clemson license plate frames...... she has done so many little things. I owe Janie such a debt of gratitude for her consideration of things that matter to me.

Recently, I came to recognize something that mattered to me more than anything when Janie died 2 months ago. She was my life, my wife, my partner, the mother to my children and an enabler for a Clemson family. She could have easily resisted and fostered discord, but she chose to cast her lot with my loyalty to Clemson.

Today was a tough day - I miss her very much..... Merry Christmas, Janie!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for sharing with TNet

Dec 25, 2017, 7:34 PM

It's not always a MERRY Christmas for everyone. We don't always recognize the hurt around us. I hope your writing this has helped to honor your wife's memory at this time. Know that your words have touched others at this time. I pray for you and your family as they attempt to move on at this time. Hold on to those good Christmas memories!

I agree!!

Dec 25, 2017, 7:43 PM

So few people in life will be able to look back on their life and have the amazing memories you just shared. True, losing someone you love is a tragic event.

However, as I read this story and said too myself, may I hope to live the next 47 years of my life so rich with memories and love!!

Thank you for sharing your story! God bless you and your daughters during the holidays!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Clemson Enabler

Dec 25, 2017, 7:39 PM

Confetti

But thanks for opening your heart

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 25, 2017, 7:45 PM

So sorry for your loss. Hopefully you and your whole family can at some point in time look back and reminisce on all the beautiful memories and times you all shared together.

Not much comfort now but plaese lean on your extended Clemson family. We’re here for you. I can’t imagine the pain you are feeling. Please let your faith guide you. Sounds empty at times like these but it will get you through it.

My heart aches for you. I will pray for you and appreciate you sharing your pain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 7:45 PM

Sounds like she was a great person. Keep those memories close. God bless you and your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 7:52 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. My mom is in bad health and like your beautiful wife Janie my mom is the glue that holds the family together. My mom and Dad have been married 61 years. So I was blessed to share Christmas with them this year. I am so sorry for your lose.

I will say a special prayer for you after my post that God will give you peace and comfort. I know Janie is now in paradise with Jesus Christ. One day you will see Janie again but this time it will be for eternity.

God Bless you ColumbiaTiger66.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 8:09 PM

My thoughts are with you and your family as well. I pray that you will be blessed with many more holiday seasons with your mother, but if God sees fit to call her home I hope that the Christmas memories y'all have shared will provide you with some comfort going forward.

2 Corinthians 12:9...

Dec 25, 2017, 7:56 PM

"My Grace is sufficient for thee."

Claim that promise for yourself, and you will get through this difficult time. God bless you, fellow Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cherish the memories

Dec 25, 2017, 8:03 PM

My mother and my father's love of his life was brought home by our lord and savior 15 years ago this past summer. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and you're loved ones during this holiday.

Dec 25, 2017, 8:04 PM

Praying for God to give you some comfort at this difficult time. Try to find some comfort in knowing that you got to spend so many yrs with such a special girl because there are many who never find such a treasure as your Janie.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Dec 25, 2017, 8:10 PM

May God bless you and your family and know she's in a better place now.
Go Tigers!

What a Lady! You are a fortunate man!

Dec 25, 2017, 8:21 PM

Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing your love for this wonderful lady!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 8:26 PM

The flowers still bloom in all of their brilliant colors. The birds still sing, notes so beautiful no man can truly duplicate. The snow still falls, making the world look so fresh and pure. The creeks and rivers still run, even making a song of it's own as it rambles over the shining rocks and stones. The children still play, their laughter a sign of happiness and love for their friends. And Janie would surely say to you, "When you see all of this, you will always see me".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 8:30 PM

Yes, she would - and I do.

Magnificent words. My compliments.***

Dec 26, 2017, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Re: A Clemson Enabler ]

Dec 25, 2017, 8:31 PM

This beautiful story brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss! Holidays can be really rough when your heart aches! I hope that the memories of your wife will bring you comfort and eventually joy. Saying prayer for you and your family.

Dec 25, 2017, 8:35 PM

I don't post much (as you can tell), but this really moved me to tears. Thank you for sharing this story.

God bless you, my good man.***

Dec 25, 2017, 8:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 25, 2017, 9:09 PM

Nine years ago, I wrote a post regarding my Dad who had passed away Dec. 14, 2008 and his un-opened gift still under our Christmas Tree.

I read your post tonight with a lot of the emotion when I wrote that piece. Dad was a Clemson Graduate--1941--who survived WW2 and came home to help raise a family. When my sister and I were born in the late 1940's, God chose both us us to be the children of Clyde and Lena Wright. Rosalind and I were truly blessed by them as parents while they were with us.

You and Janie chose one other as husband and wife over 47 years ago. It was a part of God's plan for both of you to be together. It's also a testament to both of you to have the enduring marriage that you, both as husband, wife and as parents, were blessed with.

The grief I experienced with the loss of both my parents in the past 9 years has been hard, and I am sure yours will be as well. Don't be afraid to express your feelings. It is a totally natural emotion that needs expression. Remember to cherish the good moments. They will always bring a smile to your face and peace to your heart.

God's Grace and Peace be with you and your family.

Ron W.

That's as fine a post as you'll ever read on a public forum.

Dec 25, 2017, 9:17 PM

I tip my hat to you and to that special woman. Well done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Dec 25, 2017, 9:27 PM

Prayers!

Dec 25, 2017, 9:30 PM

And you were a great husband to her because she recognized your love of Clemson and fostered that because of her love for you .
Sweet life together .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 9:31 PM

God bless you man.......you will see her again one day.....Go Tigers!!!!!!

My Sincere Condolences "66".

Dec 25, 2017, 9:57 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 9:59 PM

I wasn't prepared for this post and it got the jump on me...Darn confetti! I'm sure you thought that your home was a shine to the might Tigers of Clemson University, when in reality, it is a tribute of her love for you. I'm sure that she knew this day may come, and while she can no longer be by your side, she has surrounded you with beautiful memories to help comfort you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2017, 10:21 PM

Prayers of peace for you and your family. Although a difficult loss, I'm sure you cherish all the happy memories of your life together.

Dec 25, 2017, 10:36 PM

Your wife sounds like mine one of the sweetest ladies you will find.
I feel for you brother and can’t imagine what I would do if my wife was gone.
Me and my family had a sad day also as we sat with my dying father.
Knowing this will be his last Christmas, so I will pray for you and just know you’re not alone.

Dec 25, 2017, 10:59 PM

I lost my wife in 2013. She was a Campbell grad but was maybe more fanatic about Clemson than me (Class of '75). Sounds like we share that in common. Wish she could have experienced the last 2 years as a Tiger.

That first Xmas is tough but God has a plan for your life still and I bet it may involve grandkids. Hang in there friend and keep making Christmas memories for the family.

Also thanks for sharing. My tears are for the joy of great memories in my past with my late wonderful wife.

Dec 26, 2017, 12:06 AM

Prayers for you and your family for comfort during this time.

Dec 26, 2017, 12:12 AM

Prayers to you and your family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, an incredible post. Thinking of you and your family***

Dec 26, 2017, 1:25 AM

Dec 26, 2017, 2:18 AM

Well, goodness... I am so sorry for your immense loss. This life brings such enormous joy and such tremendous loss and pain. This verse came to mind while reading your post:

Proverbs 18:22 - He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.

Sounds like you found a wonderful thing, and I pray that the “favor” you would obtain for doing so, would remind you how much you are loved and compel you to seek the Lord’s counsel and care. Praying for you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry for your loss....

Dec 26, 2017, 4:25 AM

:(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is one of those messages that makes

Dec 26, 2017, 6:11 AM

our community on this site worth every moment shared.

Our thoughts and best regards are with you and your family. May the peace that passeth all understanding that only the Almighty can give be with you.

A Real Christmas Story

Dec 26, 2017, 6:39 AM

ColumbiaTiger...thank you for a wonderfully heartfelt Christmas Story...and to Mr. Joe for the magical epilogue of hope and remembrance. Blessing to all of you Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Real Christmas Story

Dec 26, 2017, 8:07 AM

God bless you and your daughter! My he bring you his peace and comfort.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2017, 11:39 AM

Beautiful.
Confetti.
Prayers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

might be

Dec 26, 2017, 11:47 AM

my favorite poast ever

merry xmas to you - merry xmas janie

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

done***

Dec 26, 2017, 11:49 AM

I am also married to wonderful" Clemson Enabler"

Dec 28, 2017, 11:40 AM

We met in Alabama, my home, my TEAM, my life ....45 years ago..
He was stationed in my home town at Ft McClellan...Orange blood is an
understatement !!! BUT I left my home in 1976 to start the transformation
forever to CLEMSON Family , we have rarely missed any games, including a lot of
Basketball, Soccer, Baseball....ALL IN.. It was a such a daily pleasure to be
part of this unique FAMILY. I have always made sure he had lots of beloved
Clemson keepsakes, clothes, etc I love ALABAMA too, but needless to say the
ENABLING is complete after 41 years of marriage

GO TIGERS BEAT BAMA

Thanks for sharing your story.. it means a lot to me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic