Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I want your thoughts..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,176

I want your thoughts..

Dec 2, 2018, 3:59 PM

Everyone likes to talk about SEC defense and BIG 12 offenses. I heard it all morning. “ Oklahoma doesn’t play defense.” The scores yesterday were 35-28 Bama, and 39-27 Sooners. What’s the freakin difference? Not to mention Georgia couldn’t really stop the Sooners last year. Conversley, the Dawgs offense was really dang good too. My personal opinion is the quarterbacks are just really good out there. But in the south, the lines of scrimmage are better for the elite teams. I’m just curious yalls thoughts...

Go Tigers!!

Message was edited by: Shuey for pres

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want your thoughts..

Dec 2, 2018, 4:01 PM

I think i'll have another beer...2 if you're buying///

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 4:04 PM

It’s a great day for a few.

Dec 2, 2018, 4:16 PM

What's the freaking difference? The freaking difference is that Oklahoma wins by +5.

Dec 2, 2018, 4:22 PM

Thanks Captain obvious but I’m not surprised.

@Shuey For Pres

Dec 2, 2018, 4:30 PM

Shuey for pres The big thing is: in the past those same Big 12 teams have often not run up and down the field the way they could in Big 12 play. I think it's a product of H.S. Ball out there. Yes, it's huge and like small college. The teams who get the better players to come to their schools are the ones with the wide open offenses!
Plus scoring TD's puts fannies in seats! The novice fan does not like defensive struggles! Which is why it's a mystery to me in football crazy country; why the over emphasis of scoring points. Defense wins championships; offense puts fannies in seats.

In the south you have far more conservative coaches who "might put their best athlete at QB" but the majority of athletes on defense! The other team can't win if they don't score. Now you can't win either; but they can't win. Do enough to score enough points to win the game get out with a win!

Be interesting to see what Bamer can do with Kyler Murray! And vice versa!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: @Shuey For Pres

Dec 2, 2018, 4:38 PM

Oklahoma has a huge line and an elite playcaller I think they can score with anyone.

Re: @Shuey For Pres

Dec 2, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to @Shuey For Pres ]

I cannot wait to see that game. I can almost bet there will not be much defense either way. But, my wife says I’ve been wrong before. I would just love for the Sooners to put that narrative to rest I guess.

Message was edited by: Shuey for pres

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,176
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic