Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9 dumb dogs that are actually pretty smart...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 463

9 dumb dogs that are actually pretty smart...

Jan 5, 2020, 3:48 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/pets-animals/9-dumb-dogs-that-are-actually-pretty-smart/ss-BBYzE0b?ocid=spartandhp

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

German Shepards make my list

Jan 5, 2020, 8:38 PM

of POS dogs that are super smart.

Hate those dogs. Absolutely hate them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best friend in high school had one

Jan 5, 2020, 8:51 PM

Snow was his name. Badarse dog. Smart. Best squirrel dog evar. Saw Snow whip three other dogs in one fight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I grew up with one...

Jan 6, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to German Shepards make my list ]

one of the top two dogs I've ever known in my life. We got her in Japan when I was about a year old. Sweet as could be with pets and children but had an innate sense of who was good and bad. When I was about 3, my uncle had a friend that used to come around the house at my grandparents and every single time this dog saw him she tried to kill him. As far as I know he died in jail after killing someone in a drug deal. My grandfather had an old cabin cruiser on Lake Hartwell and we would cruise out to some island when I was around 4 or 5. I would throw on a ring float and melanie would dog paddle me over to the island.

This other family had German Shepherd that Melanie would not let near me. Other dogs she didn't care about, but this one she would run off. One day when the dog got too close, Melanie kicked her ###. Her owners were incensed, but I heard from my parents later on that Amber was ultimately put down because she bit more than one kid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shepard’s are great dogs except for the shedding. ******

Jan 6, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to German Shepards make my list ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9 dumb dogs that are actually pretty smart...

Jan 6, 2020, 10:54 AM

I see my basset boy, Bowser, tops the list. Heh heh, remembers me of our first (of six) basset hound Wilbur. Mom of Dog had him out in obedience school being held outdoors, in winter, in a parking lot. Dog was doing fine until it came time to lie down. Nope. Wilbur ain't doing that. Whole class was held up while Dogmom wrestled Wilbur. Instructor tried. Push Wilbur's front end down, his butt pops up. Push butt down, head pops up. Lie on him, he wiggles out from under. OK, Wilbur, you win. Class dismissed. Get him home in nice warm house, he does trick perfectly, first time, on voice command. Now who was dumb, all those dogs who did the trick outdoors in freezing parking lot, or Wilbur who says, "Nope, ain't layin' deez nuttz on that cold, cold concrete?" I'm pretty sure current basset Bowser, who's snoring away with his head in my lap whilst I type this, would react the same way: "You want me to do *what?* Get real, Pops!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a beagle that is dumb and stubborn...

Jan 6, 2020, 11:07 AM

we put in an electric fence and he ignores it. Yelps and hollers like he's being killed while he walks through, then uses his back leg to smack his ###### a couple of times and then goes on his merry way.

Maybe he's actually smart, I don't know.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The beagle part is very accurate

Jan 6, 2020, 1:18 PM

What most people who get them don't understand is not only are they hunting dogs, but they are also pack dogs.

I see all the time people who have one beagle and keep him/her locked up in the house and only take them on walks.

That's not what beagles do.

Luckily I live in a small community that shares dogs. So he runs around the neighborhood all day with about 3-4 other dogs. They chase foxes, squirrels etc. Then when it starts getting dark he comes and hits the back door for us to let him in. He'll sleep upside down with his paws in the air in my daughter's bed before getting up for another day of adventure.

The other morning I watched 4 does in full stride come across the yard with him wide open behind them.

They really are a nose first and a dogs second. I've seen his entire body whip around unexpectedly because he smelled something.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 7
| visibility 463
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic