Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have 12 games left, i'd venture to say we have to win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

We have 12 games left, i'd venture to say we have to win

Jan 29, 2019, 11:19 AM

9 of those to make the tourney. Is that possible?

W 01/29 Pittsburgh 9:00 PM ESPN/2/U
W 02/03 Wake Forest 12:00 PM ESPNU
W 02/06 @Georgia Tech 7:00 PM Raycom
L 02/09 Virginia Tech 12:00 PM ESPN/2/U
W 02/13 @Miami 7:00 PM ESPN/2/U
W 02/16 @Louisville 12:00 PM ESPN/2/U
W 02/19 Florida State 9:00 PM ESPN/2/U
W 02/23 Boston College 12:00 PM Raycom
W 02/27 @Pittsburgh 7:00 PM Raycom
L 03/02 North Carolina TBA ESPN/2
W 03/06 @Notre Dame 9:00 PM ESPN2/U
L 03/09 Syracuse 12:00 PM CBS

8 wins and a couple ACC tourney wins. Regardless you gotta get one win in the ACC tourney.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish, but i dont see it***

Jan 29, 2019, 11:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I don't either unless someone chips in on scoring

Jan 29, 2019, 11:33 AM

consistently... paging shelton mitchell. He's been sleeping walking this year. At the NC STate game i was wanting BB to take him out. He was not a positive in that game...lazy passes, turnovers, not close on shots...missing free throws.... didn't seem like he was interested. There was no intensity.

In those moments we need that extra shot that grantham or devoe would throw in. It all hinges on thomas and reed. If either one of those are not getting double figures than we lose. And with Thomas it hinges on fouls. Mitchell we need him to wake up and put 12 in a game and Trapp we need 10 every game.

I think we will win 6 of our next 9.

Jan 29, 2019, 11:22 AM

And then win 1 of those last 3, (UNC, at ND, SYR)

My guess is we finish 8-10 in the ACC.

Is that enough to get an NIT bid? I don't know.

Re: I think we will win 6 of our next 9.

Jan 29, 2019, 11:30 AM

I'm getting 7 in the last 12 also.

Pitt x2
Wake
Ga Tech
Miami or Louisville but not both
BC
Notre Dame or Syracuse but not both

However if we can get to 9-9 in the ACC to finish, then we may be an ACC tourney upset away from getting one of the last spots in the NCAA tourney.

If we pull an ACC tourney upset that would mean we get 2 wins in the tourney (1st game wouldn't be an upset opportunity).

Final conference record of 11-10. That might be enough.

I'm not expecting that dream scenario however.

Re: We have 12 games left, i'd venture to say we have to win

Jan 29, 2019, 11:23 AM

If we get to 9-9 in conference and win a game in the ACC tourney we will get in. Might be in the play in games but still you cannot leave a 9-9 team from the ACC out of the tournament especially when the conference is so strong top to bottom this year (heck even Pitt has won some games).

Yes.

Jan 29, 2019, 11:49 AM

But no.

I think 8-4 gets us in.

Jan 29, 2019, 12:08 PM

That would be a 9-9 ACC record, and would include some good wins and not really any "bad" losses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

and thats my question, is it possible?

Jan 29, 2019, 3:45 PM

b/c if may be what it takes to get in. Losing winnable games to FSU and NCSU put us way behind the 8ball.

You say 8-4 would and you might be right but that probably includes a good showing the ACC tourney.

Jan 29, 2019, 12:22 PM

Given the current trend of player production, my guess is 6-12. Solid play vs Pitt, WF and a win at GT may add two more for 8 total.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jan 29, 2019, 4:18 PM

The next 3 games are ones we should win
We go 3-0 we are on life support but lose just one and it’s pretty much over.
UNC is not a final 4 type team this year so we can beat them if things start clicking. Louisville looks a lot better than I thought they would be.
If we can’t win the next 3 then , we will not win enough down the stretch so like I said got to go 3-0.
Plus a little win streak could give the team enough confidence to get some upsets

9-9 in ACC = No quality wins

Jan 29, 2019, 6:10 PM

Syracuse is not a lock to make the tourney. Nor is NCSU who we lost to.

BC, Pitt, GT, ND, Miami, WF have not shot to be tourney teams.

We have 4 games against tourney quality teams. UNC, Louisville, VT, and FSU. Winning 2 of those is mandatory along with winning 7 of the 8 winnable games.

You can't think the committee would put us in if our only win against another team in the field is Syracuse. If you want to belong you have to prove you belong and racking up wins against teams outside the top 50 isn't going to cut it.

The way this team is playing that's a really tall order. But 9-9 with this schedule will not get us in, even with 2 tourney wins as that's really only one quality win if we're the 9 seed or lower.

Re: 9-9 in ACC = No quality wins

Jan 29, 2019, 7:49 PM

Perfect post and someone who knows what they are talking about here. A great analysis of the situation

Re: 9-9 in ACC = No quality wins

Jan 29, 2019, 7:55 PM [ in reply to 9-9 in ACC = No quality wins ]

Also, remember that Clemson does not play in a vacuum and the Tiger's results alone will not dictate whether the bid is extended or not.

With many teams playing for a limited amount of bids, you are not playing to a number which gets you in. Clemson with 19 wins and a 9 win ACC schedule might not be enough but then again depending on other team's result 8 wins could do or Clemson could win 10 ACC games and still be left out due to other results.

Then you also have Tourney week where the last 3 or 4 at-larges will be relegated to the NIT after upsets in conference tournaments.

And finally, we are using a new rating system " NET " this year and no one knows exactly how the replacement for the RPI will play out in the tournament selection process.

We will roll Syracuse on Senior Day in Littlejohn....

Jan 29, 2019, 11:11 PM

regardless of what else happens. Jimmy B will be looking for the Denny's afterwards.
Seniors will go out with a bang.

Jan 30, 2019, 6:06 AM

Looking at that schedule, I really think we can go on a run and make the tournament. We have the talent. At that stage, CBB will definitely have earned his money and deserve some praise. Now we have Wake at LJ at noon on Sunday. That should be a win. This team is a good team. We have just been blowing opportunities.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic