Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9/11/01 and 9/11/09
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,975

9/11/01 and 9/11/09

Sep 11, 2015, 12:03 PM

Two dates that changed my life forever. On 9/11/01 I was doing my work study for the band dept. Some fellow students came into the office and told me something really horrible happened in NYC. More and more people were talking about it. I was getting nervous because I was told an airplane had crashed into one of the World Trade Towers. Immediately I asked for permission to leave, I had two friends that worked there. I went up to the student union building and couldn't believe my eyes. Within seconds of me being there another plane came crashing in. The most horrible, real event I have ever seen unfold on live TV. No answer from my friends.... for hours I waited, gut wrenching hours. During this state of purgatory the media was reporting it as a possible terrorist attack. I was being filled with anger and sadness, confusion. How could this happen...again. I prayed like so many of us did that day.
Finally around 830pm I got the call both my friends were alive and safe. I thanked God. NYC is my home town. I felt such anger and a need to do something, to help. I signed up, I volunteered to join the Navy. I graduated from CU in Dec. 2002. I called the Navy home sweet home directly. I was a Corpsman. I love my country, I love my hometown. I'm involved with Wounded warriors these days.
Just wanted to share.
On 9/11/09, my second son was born. With all the respect and remembrance the day he was born I told my mother, " with death comes life". I have two amazing boys who love all things CU...and there Dad, I am surely blessed.
Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for service.......***

Sep 11, 2015, 12:10 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for service.......***

Sep 11, 2015, 12:11 PM

"Your service"...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for service.......***

Sep 11, 2015, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Thank you for service.......*** ]

My pleasure, Thank you.

Re: 9/11/01 and 9/11/09

Sep 11, 2015, 12:24 PM

Thank you for your and your family sacrifice. Rock on tiger family!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2015, 12:40 PM

Guys and Gals its been awhile I'm ashamed to say since I've been back in Tigertown. We throttled Georgia last time I was home. I'm on my way up from Florida, Solo. Making the stop for the game on my way to NY. Would love to meet some fellow Tigers.

Sep 11, 2015, 1:05 PM

Wish we were going to be there this weekend. We'd definitely have you come tailgate with us.

Thank you for your service and be safe in your travels.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2015, 1:17 PM

09/11/01 was indeed a terrible day. I thank you for your service. I was stationed in Kings Bay Georgia onboard a Trident Submarine. We were in high alert and many even here were afraid that because of what we do we could be attacked. I remember for months I would go outside and check my vehicles before I would even unlock them. I will never forget what happened that day and even though I am retired, I'd gladly stand up to defend our country again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2015, 2:52 PM

Thank you for your service.

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,975
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic