Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Walks, errors cost Tigers against UNC in ACC Tourney; Tigers await NCAA fate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Walks, errors cost Tigers against UNC in ACC Tourney; Tigers await NCAA fate

May 22, 2015, 6:36 PM

Walks, errors cost Tigers against UNC in ACC Tourney; Tigers await NCAA fate

Clemson pitchers walked eight batters and the Tigers committed four errors in losing 6-3 to North Carolina Friday afternoon in the ACC Baseball Tournament. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Walks, errors cost Tigers against UNC in ACC Tourney; Tigers await NCAA fate

May 22, 2015, 6:39 PM

Crap!
Hope they make tourney.

Re: New Story: Walks, errors cost Tigers against UNC in ACC Tourney; Tigers await NCAA fate

May 22, 2015, 7:14 PM

This is just embarrassing.

May 22, 2015, 7:24 PM

To those who think we deserve and should make the tourney: what the heck were you watching? Our skill sets are sorely lacking and to say otherwise shows that one is ignorant of the game!

Tigers should get in the NCAA Regionals

May 22, 2015, 9:06 PM

CU should get in the tournament because there are 64 teams chosen and only 16 come out the other end as winners to the Super Regionals. Certainly we could be one of the 48 losers--we've had lots of practice losing and we are funny to watch with the most errors made during the season in the conference!
Can we not find a better shortstop than White? His throws to first suck way too many times...

Do you seriously have nothing better to do

May 22, 2015, 11:37 PM

With your life than come on a rival board talking trash when your baseball hire isn't looking too promising either..at least we have a chance to make it while yall sit at home....dumba $$

May 22, 2015, 9:28 PM

I wish this years fielding was not the norm...

Fielding % Ranking Clemson National Champ Winner
03- 32 2
04- 114 17
05- 40 3
06- 22 8
07- 40 2
08- 107 52
09- 85 16
10- 133 13
11- 74 35
12- 40 93
13- 66 5
14- 214 26

AVG- 81 23

This year we are ranked 225

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

88 Errors prior to today. Most in the ACC.

May 22, 2015, 9:54 PM

Has to be fixed.

Re: 88 Errors prior to today. Most in the ACC.

May 23, 2015, 12:06 AM

There is no doubt about that....92 errors means that we probably had about 80 baserunners we should not have had and no telling how many runs. This team is talented, but the bullpen and fielding have looked like a dumpster fire at times. It is hard to figure why our infield seems to struggle with the routine plays and yet makes some awesome plays to rob base hits other times. It is between the ears. Let's be honest, Andrew Cox at first base has kept us from having 150 errors....he seems like he is having to pick every infield throw. The boys just need to relax and play the game like they know how to.

True that. He probably HAS saved several more from happening. It is between the ears as you say.***

May 23, 2015, 8:31 AM

Re: 88 Errors prior to today. Most in the ACC.

May 24, 2015, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: 88 Errors prior to today. Most in the ACC. ]

You are right Jboyboyd: "boys just need to relax and play the game like they know how to."
We do great when we play like we have nothing to lose.
Gimli: "Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?"
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

May 23, 2015, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Walks, errors cost Tigers against UNC in ACC Tourney; Tigers await NCAA fate ]

....and Jack is supposed to be a very well respected infield teacher . I think recruiting is suffering as well due either to lack of funds to offer out of state tallant or inability to see it by LeCroy. It's really time for a change due to athe 10 year downward trend in our winning percentage .

Sunglasses on Caps

May 23, 2015, 5:01 PM

Why does it infuriate me when I see players at all levels miss play fly balls in the sun with their glasses not on their face?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shortstop Eli White

May 24, 2015, 8:21 PM

If you can't even make consistent throws to first, why would you be prepared enough to put on sunglasses!!! I am sure that there are many guys who would like to take White's place and could do as good a job...He needs to up his game--as good as we played Louisville, White gave them their 2nd run with a terrible throw.

Re: Shortstop Eli White

May 24, 2015, 11:11 PM

Keep in mind that White was slated to be a 2nd baseman until Kriegers injury. I am sure his arm plays good enough to be a 2nd baseman. I would venture to say that the majority of his errors were short hops on the throws to first...he does not have to make those lengthy throws from 2nd.

Re: Shortstop Eli White

May 24, 2015, 11:14 PM

He throws the ball side-armed so the ball has more chance to sail over the longer distance from short as compared to second.

A fundamental flaw.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic