Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attendance for the USuC Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Attendance for the USuC Game

Nov 12, 2012, 9:36 PM

As this is my first post here, I feel I need to establish at least some manner of credibility. I am a freshman at Clemson this year, but that doesn't mean I'm a stranger to this team or university. I grew up in this fine city and my blood certainly runs orange. While I may not have been to as many games as the next kid, that certainly was not for lack of will. I am a Clemson Tiger. On the other side, I'm no stranger to online forums. I know the way these things work, which is largely the precipitating factor of this half of the post. I have also lurked TigerNet for a little while, before joining this evening.

All that to say, I am curious about the attendance level for the game. This game looks to be the game of...at least the past number of years. Currently, the attendance record is what? 85,900 or so from the first Bowden Bowl. Is it possible that we could at least approach that figure or has the way that tickets have been allotted, specifically concerning The Hill, changed so as to prevent that possibility?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think we can bc we lost

Nov 12, 2012, 9:40 PM

General attendance space with the WEZ. I think the seating is about the same but we lost all the grass there used to be in the triangles between West and Nitth and South

Welcome to the Crazy House!!!!!

Nov 12, 2012, 9:42 PM

You ask great questions. I don't have a really good answer as to attendance figures, but I would think if both teams have just one L on Nov.24, the single game record will fall.

JMO from an old Tiger.

Re: Welcome to the Crazy House!!!!!

Nov 12, 2012, 10:15 PM

coots already have 2 so so much for that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing to remember

Nov 12, 2012, 10:33 PM

And this will drive the older crowd nuts...but Thanksgiving break is also for that game...and Clemson the student body is spread out more than in the past nationally. Don't be suprised if there are some empty seats. I never understood it but when I was an undergrad alot of people would want to spend the extra day with their families if they had to fly to and from clemson...This was especially true if it was a noon game and a friday night flight was required but maybe the excitement and night game will get everyone back in town

I know about 10 years ago the Administration overreacted

Nov 12, 2012, 9:44 PM

to someone getting hurt after S.Carolina and cut back on the number of people allowed on the hill. Hopefully that has been loosened a little since then. But I believe that cut back slightly on our max attendance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a cop broke his arm trying to protect the goalpost***

Nov 12, 2012, 9:47 PM

It was something like that. Unfortunate no doubt, but still

Nov 12, 2012, 9:49 PM

a knee-jerk overeaction was made by Clemson IMO. And I realize that that is easy for me to say.

And also as I said earlier that was a while back and things

Nov 12, 2012, 9:51 PM

may be a little different now for all I know.

Here's the story on what happened

Nov 12, 2012, 10:46 PM

USA Today article about the collapsable goalposts from the following year:

"Two years ago Clemson students rushed the goal posts after a 27-20 victory against archrival South Carolina, leaving one student with a concussion and a security officer with a broken collarbone and ribs. Students pulled down the posts again last year after beating Florida State."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2004-09-27-goal-posts_x.htm

Re: I think a cop broke his arm trying to protect the goalpost***

Nov 12, 2012, 10:18 PM [ in reply to I think a cop broke his arm trying to protect the goalpost*** ]

protect yourself...screw the goal post

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1000ish

Nov 12, 2012, 9:45 PM

Left on stubhub so prolly their wont be a butt in every seat.

Full, and all you punks that keep leaving at halftime and

Nov 12, 2012, 9:48 PM

not coming back, give your ticket to someone that will watch it in the stadium..........AND YELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Attendance for the USuC Game

Nov 12, 2012, 9:52 PM

They still check for student id's to sit on the hill.

Nov 12, 2012, 10:21 PM

You don't need a student ID for all hill tickets, just the student ones. They do check if you have a hill ticket on the way down to the hill, but they've been more laid back about it so far this year. I'm sure they'll be a bit more strict for South Carolina since it'll be our only really big home game this year.

Re: Re: Attendance for the USuC Game

Nov 12, 2012, 9:53 PM

?

Re: Re: Attendance for the USuC Game

Nov 12, 2012, 9:59 PM

They don't have any way to count the attendance--it's just an estimate

Welcome to tnet my fellow Tiger! However, you probably

Nov 12, 2012, 10:00 PM

should've waited until AFTER your finals this semester because now you can kiss productivity goodbye :)

I think we fill the place up, but unless we start adding more seats the record is safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No coots friends or family!

Nov 12, 2012, 10:07 PM

Would rather be a few shy of a record than have the place full of #####!
PLEASE Tiger fans do not give your tickets to or bring with you gamecock fans !
Do you not think your gamecock friends/ family members laughed and laughed when The Old Ball Sack slighted Death Valley ??? They did ! they loved it
Keep DV as orange as possible !
Keep the coots at home ! bring a tiger fan or enjoy an empty seat beside you

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No coots friends or family!

Nov 12, 2012, 10:13 PM

Does this mean no wife?

Nov 12, 2012, 10:17 PM

Yup. My GF is not coming in that Valley with me!

Nov 12, 2012, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: No coots friends or family! ]

you married a #### and haven't converted her ??
what is wrong with you ???
but yes - NO WIFE !
I bet she loved old Steve's comments, didn't she ??

You know I wish Dabo had said about the comments of " you know that upstate that used to beat us a lot but doens't anymore " - " You know that school in the middle of the state where the coachs urinate in the streets"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2012, 10:24 PM

There ain't no converting this B____!

Nov 12, 2012, 10:14 PM

nice first post.hope you'll continue to add to the t-net more.you may be a freshman,but your measured choice of words etc. speak highly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: One thing to remember

Nov 12, 2012, 10:41 PM

Interesting might buy some nose bleeds and sneak down to the hill.

Of course, you do need a lower deck ticket to begin with.******

Nov 12, 2012, 10:45 PM

Re: One thing to remember

Nov 12, 2012, 10:44 PM

Bingo! I have many friends who are students from the west coast, and the northeast. The majority of them choose to stay home instead of making the early trip back for the game. I for one am a student born right here in the upstate, and will do my best to make up for their absence! Go Tigers!

Re: Of course, you do need a lower deck ticket to begin with.******

Nov 12, 2012, 10:49 PM

Good point sir wish I could come across some GA hill tixs.

think i saw in program of attendance record..86,900..I can

Nov 12, 2012, 10:55 PM

tell you being there for the SC game..catch ll that that place was ten rows back behind the hill and know we had over 90,000 in there..

86,092 is the record.. Bowden Bowl 1******

Nov 12, 2012, 11:46 PM

Officially, but the university was afraid to reveal the real

Nov 13, 2012, 12:32 AM

number from that game. It was rumored to be north of 100,000. The concern was that the fire marshall would go ballistic. The stadium additions since have reduced the number of reserved seats and the space available for general admission, I don't think they'll allow that many people in.

Well, I'm in the process of building a catapult to shoot as

Nov 12, 2012, 11:24 PM

many Clemson fans wearing ORANGE as I can over the fences and into Memorial Stadium.

Re: Attendance - WELCOME!

Nov 13, 2012, 12:10 AM

WELCOME! AND GET THAT STUDENT SECTION YELLING!
Generally, we stood the whole game, when I was there, and was hoarse for a couple of days after.
That was before, during, and after the first upper deck was added. That was fun watching that.
GO TIGERS!!!
:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome....I'll say this: if you are a frosh, no doubt you

Nov 13, 2012, 6:32 AM

will max any English courses you may take. No offense to others, but it's rare indeed to see writing, spelling and punctuation skills as defined as yours for such a young(?) person. Congratulations!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2012, 7:44 AM

We won't ever break the current attendance record due to a combination of the WEZ and curtailing the number of Hill tickets that are sold.

It's been unofficially broken a couple of times--some people say that a couple of FSU games have easily surpassed the 95,000 mark or even approached 100,000, but they wouldn't call the real attendance number because the fire marshal would have shut the place down. That's the legend, anyway. I've certainly been to my share of games where every single square inch of seating and grass was filled, and even some of the aisles.

Holy crap this year's freshman were born in '94? Good Lord!***

Nov 13, 2012, 7:46 AM

Yeah, you're old. Wait, I am too. Crap***

Nov 13, 2012, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic