Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
81 Player agrees that we can beat Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1,181

81 Player agrees that we can beat Bama

Nov 12, 2018, 1:38 AM

I was in the "Blue Water" gas station in Mt. Pleasant weeks back (visiting friends), waiting in line, with a HUGE guy about my age in front of me. Looked down to see his Clemson Ring and I said - Hey, I graduated way back in 83, so I was fortunate to see that 81 season - when did you graduate; how does this team look against Bama?

He turned a bit suprised, and said he was familar with the 81 team as he was on the Roster that year, and if anyone, any CU Team he had recently seen could beat Bama, this one was the most gifted! I cannot remember his name. He would likely be 2nd. String, but would definitely be from Charleston, Hannahan, or Summerville. He showed me and was wearing an 81 Natty Championship ring on his other hand. I told him I was proud and it was just an honor to know he had played and he shook my hand with a big Clemson Brother bear hug too. Great guy. Sorry I can't remember his name, but I'll grab a copy of the 81 roster. Just cool, interesting and a fun quick chat waiting in line. I think he said a knee injury kept or knocked him out of the NFL pretty quickly...

Just thought I'd share...

Was #75 James Robinson, Charleston, S.C,

Message was edited by: Greenwar®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1,181
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic