Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ACC Coaches want to keep 8 league games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,431

Football Update: ACC Coaches want to keep 8 league games

May 15, 2013, 12:00 PM

Report: ACC vote to remain at 8 league games

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The majority of the B1G OOC sched is an utter joke...

May 15, 2013, 3:14 PM

Michigan and MSU will schedule a good team or 2, but the rest load up on directional Michigan schools and the MAC...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time To Get Automatic And More Respect.

May 15, 2013, 3:38 PM

We need to play 1 strong team like a UCLA and 1 lower tier, like a Coastal Carolina......or......play a Michigan St. and a Northwestern......or......play a Vanderbilt and a Arizona St........2 games that will feature 1 lower tier and 1 big boy on the same schedule every year or 2 big boys on the same schedule every year. Never to have 2 lower tier schools on the same schedule. Have a home and home series with 2 big boy schools every year.

How exactly does one get automatic?***

May 15, 2013, 3:49 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How exactly does one get automatic?***

May 15, 2013, 4:10 PM

Clemson has to continue to schedule, play tough or beat teams like a LSU, Auburn, S. Carolina, Texas A&M, Missouri, Iowa, Oregon , UCLA or Oklahoma to get it. Easier said than done.......I know...... but we are having good tastes and success of it. The ACC has to to do it as well continuously, but Clemson needs to beat all them too. If Clemson and the ACC win enough big out of conference games, in the short future other teams will be scared to play us or have to tip their hats to the ACC as well.....Automatic Respect Earned!

8 League games are fine, IF...

May 15, 2013, 7:32 PM

you're going schedule QUALITY non conference games like,
Georgia, Notre Dame, Sc,etc....

NOT...
SC state,Citadel and others.. :(

fire away!

Re: Football Update: ACC Coaches want to keep 8 league games

May 15, 2013, 9:47 PM

We need to make one of our regular OOC games be against an SEC team(besides USuC). Period. We either put up or shut up. If we have another game, ole miss/LSU/Kentucky, whatever, every year and prove that we hang with them, then there is NO question as to whether we are good enough. I personally do not want to switch to the SEC, I love the traditions, but we do have to show that we can play and beat those teams.

I Agree - - - - -

May 16, 2013, 4:43 PM

The thing is, whats bound to happen, the SEC teams in a quick-timed fashion, sooner than you know, will start to shy away from playing us when we hang tough or flat out stomp all over them, in games we play against them in consecutive years . So I say playing SEC teams is very good, but when they act like they don't have time to play us then we need to look at playing Iowa St., Michigan St., UCLA, Iowa, Indiana, Northwestern, Utah, Colorado St., Penn St., Kansas, and teams like that.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic