Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
7 games left before finishing out our 2017/2018 Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

7 games left before finishing out our 2017/2018 Basketball

Feb 4, 2018, 2:20 PM

regular season. 4 of those games will be played at home in LittleJohn against Pittsburgh, Duke, Georgia Tech, and Florida State. What are you BB guys thinking about the 4 home games, and how many wins are you predicting we should get from the total 7 games left and why? I'll hang up and listen!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5-2 or 4-3

Feb 4, 2018, 2:33 PM

Amazing season!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5-2 or 4-3

Feb 4, 2018, 2:49 PM

I would be as happy as a fat hog in the best of slop with that type of a finish, 5-2 or 4-3 is an awesome finish for our Tiger BB team!!! Brad has exceeded the expatiation of our fan base I'm sure!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully 3-1

Feb 4, 2018, 2:45 PM

Ga Tech and Pitt should be some of the easier games we've had this season. We'd have to have bad nights to lose those games at home.

FSU is a typical FSU team. Given their size, if they shoot reasonably well they can play with and beat anyone home or away (see Louisville on the road yesterday) or they can lose to about anyone with their up and down level of play (see Wake Forest last week).

Duke, well, you'd have to expect a loss as they are the more talented team, but if we can stay in the game and keep it close late I like our experience over their youth at home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst case scenario as I see it is 3-4.

Feb 4, 2018, 2:53 PM

Which would still put us at 22-8 overall, 11-7 in the ACC. Even with a mediocre finish, we would still have an outstanding season by Clemson standards.

I think we are more likely to go 4-3 or 5-2 though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wins who to? Losses who to? Could we be 6 - 1? or even 7-0?***

Feb 4, 2018, 3:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we are certainly capable of going 7-0.

Feb 4, 2018, 4:02 PM

It will be really tough to go undefeated though, simply because all ACC teams are hard to beat (with the possible exception of Pitt this year).

We get Duke at home, which we can win although Duke is always a hard team to beat anywhere.

We play FSU home and away, and we get GT at home not long after we beat them in Atlanta. It is difficult to beat a team twice in close proximity, so I won’t be surprised if we split with FSU and it isn’t outside the realm of possibility to lose to Tech.

Syracuse isn’t having a great year, but they have a good coach and I’m sure they have some good players.

It’s not often we can say this, but we are better than six of the seven teams left, and arguably about the same as Duke.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

worried we'll be seeded too high***

Feb 4, 2018, 10:24 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This team should be called the Teflon Tigers

Feb 4, 2018, 11:45 PM

I don't know what our record will be , but let me be the first to say if we keep draining 3's like this and playing so hard ,

We'll see you in the final 4 .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic