Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
60+ years and ND does in 2 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,502

60+ years and ND does in 2 years

Mar 14, 2015, 11:13 PM

what Clemson hasn't done in history of the ACC

while I'm glad ND won, anyone but Duke or UNC, it's still a sad statement that Clemson has never won the ACC and probably only played for the title 2 or 3 times.

I don't think Clemson ever will under BB, and if they want to compete for the title Clemson better get some money out and pay a quality coach who can and will recruit top recruits.

Don't talk about facilities, when LJ was new that didn't help Clemson either. So what was the problem then with a new facility and still no decent team or one good enough to win the ACC Tournament.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've got Little John, they've got Pope John!***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:14 PM

LOL!.....good'un!***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! That must be it!***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:36 PM [ in reply to We've got Little John, they've got Pope John!*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not any longer - it's Pope Francis now. lol***

Mar 15, 2015, 12:25 AM [ in reply to We've got Little John, they've got Pope John!*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but we're a football school!

Mar 14, 2015, 11:15 PM

Oh wait....

LJ was crappy when it was new***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:27 PM

I don't think so, at the time it was one of the newest

Mar 14, 2015, 11:31 PM

building in the ACC for basketball.

the only problem with it then was the wall around it. depending on where you sit you might not see the baseline plays.

Even when new, LJ had no outstanding player/coach amenities

Mar 14, 2015, 11:41 PM

It was a brand new, bare-bones box of a building that was built on the cheap and was poorly designed.

From a fan's perspective, it was a "decent" place to watch a basketball game in spite of the design error on the baseline view.

But it featured nothing to entice a great player or a great coach to come to Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really....and it was a dang site better than where we'd

Mar 14, 2015, 11:33 PM [ in reply to LJ was crappy when it was new*** ]

been playing basketball

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a real "Palace" compared to the old "Cow Palace" ...***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:42 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you were the AD and had 500 million to spend...

Mar 14, 2015, 11:35 PM

would you put it all into FB or would you divide it some with the baseball and basketball programs?

This is the notion that am wrestling with because I feel exactly as you do.

All I can come up with is that I will care less about how those sports suck when we are holding up the NC trophy up in the air in football on television in my life time. If we don't before I die I guess I will go out a bitter old man.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, when Dabo does raise that trophy overhead, it can

Mar 14, 2015, 11:42 PM

only help basketball and baseball. That's what I'm thinking. Maybe that's been the plan all along.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: If you were the AD and had 500 million to spend...

Mar 15, 2015, 12:17 AM [ in reply to If you were the AD and had 500 million to spend... ]

I would put most of it into football but basketball would get a good share of it if Clemson would hire a top coach, and they could if they had the money to hire one.

Baseball would get a small share if they would replace Jack. Baseball can recover very quickly but they need to replace every baseball coach at Clemson and get someone in there who cares about rebuilding a program.

Basketball will be hard to build, it's like Barnes told the ACC commis, the ACC as a conf. does not respect Clemson basketball and I think he meant the ACC office, officals as well the the other universities.

I did see the Nat. title game in Miami and I can say before I die that it happen during my life time. I would love to see another one or two or three before I die. That to would make my life sweet as far as sports goes regardless if Clemson ever has a decent basketball program.

And also, FSU, Miami, GT

Mar 14, 2015, 11:52 PM

And it is not just that it was ND, there has also been FSU, Miami, and GT numerous times, all relative newcomers to the league. How many times has the ACCT been in the state of NC? How many times has a non-Big 4 team won in NC? Those are rare historically. Unfortunately we cemented our place into ACC history a long time ago and it is not going to change. I have gone from my teens to twenties to thirties to forties to fifties and now beyond and we are no closer now to being really competitive than we were in the 1960s. Just extremely sad and disappointing. And it is never going to change. Oh well, on to baseball. Oops. We messed that one up too a while back and there does not seem to be any real chance to resurrect it either. We have accepted mediocrity for too long now and I do not think we can easily go back.

Re: And also, FSU, Miami, GT

Mar 15, 2015, 12:20 AM

I agree, Clemson as a university has never put in the time or money to make the basketball program competitive.

I would love to see Clemson win one, just one ACC Tournament and win one game in Chapel Hell.

I don't think the ACC and their officals will allow either as long as Swofford is in control.

Re: And also, FSU, Miami, GT

Mar 15, 2015, 1:06 AM [ in reply to And also, FSU, Miami, GT ]

Sad commentary really. I hope we can change it AND hold up another NC in football before you lose complete hope.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic