Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Radakovich on Swinney contract: "It was the right thing to do"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

New Story: Radakovich on Swinney contract: "It was the right thing to do"

Apr 12, 2016, 10:59 AM

Radakovich on Swinney contract: "It was the right thing to do"

Clemson’s Board of Trustees approved a new contract for head coach Dabo Swinney Tuesday morning, and Athletic Director Dan Radakovich told TigerNet following the meeting that it was the right thing to do. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 year extension, $30M

Apr 12, 2016, 11:04 AM

Elite

Congrats Dabo...

Apr 12, 2016, 11:32 AM

you deserve it! Now go win Tiger nation a NC...it will happen soon.
Goooo Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Radakovich on Swinney contract: "It was the right thing to do"

Apr 12, 2016, 11:43 AM

How many remember back when we were screaming at President Barker through T-Net, E-mails, and any other means possible, that great athletics and a top education go hand in hand when he was putting and using all of his resources into turning Clemson into a top 25 public University. At the same time completely ignoring athletics, and the fact that Clemson had always been a Football school. I don't remember what it was that influenced him to loosen up when it came to athletics if he did. I'm thinking that it was the BOT's that finally agreed our facilities badly needed upgrading along with Tommy Bowden....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to congratulate Dabo, Dan and the entire fan base!!

Apr 12, 2016, 12:00 PM

We ALL win!!

Apr 12, 2016, 7:15 PM

I am A great fan of Dabo and he is very deserving as a developer of young people even without his success on the field. With that said though, is our school in such dire straits financially that they have to start charging students who already pay the athletic department a part of their tuition. I understand there is a move afoot to charge students an additional $225.00 annually for football tickets. Fine for families of means but many students can not afford this after paying the ever increasing tuition not to mention spiraling student loan debt. Or is this a way to move students out of these seats to allow them to be sold for higher prices? How about it Tiger Net, a story on this? Another Clemson tradition sacrificed for the almighty dollar. Are we allowing our Tiger soul to be sold?

Happy for Dabo, sad to see changes it student tix

Apr 12, 2016, 8:05 PM

Never begrudge a man his dues in the market place, but what will we do next time we are "merely" 9-3 or 8-4 (may never happen) and we are paying $5/mil guaranteed forever?

Apr 13, 2016, 1:04 PM

It was definitely the right thing to do. Glad to see Dabo is well taken care of. Great coach, great leader.

Charging students and moving away from what Clemson stands for is the wrong thing to do.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic