Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5th star opportunities for current 4 star commits?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,118

5th star opportunities for current 4 star commits?

May 21, 2019, 1:47 PM

Idk how they re rank but I remember Josh Belk getting his 5th star in December of last year. Was a high 4 star prior to that.

I saw Mitchell Mayes moved up but it appears he's all. And this is surprising considering how many high 4 star guys we have.

First off, Demonte Capehart was a 5 star and the #1 player in the state. He has been dropped since.

R.J. Mickens is the only SUREFIRE 4 star commit we have that should be moved up. I mean, I don't get it. #1 safety in nation with a 247sports Composite rating of 0.9781 isn't a 5 star?

I know that at the end of the day this stuff doesn't matter to us but it DOES to everyone else trying to up to us. And to see us land 7 or 8 5 stars in a single class would make half the nation cry and that's cool to me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5th star opportunities for current 4 star commits?

May 21, 2019, 1:53 PM

Capehart is #29 in the country, 32 will be the final amount of 5 stars for 247 meaning if no rankings change he is the only surefire 5 star... Mayes moved up on ESPN and that's pretty much it, Tre has steadily gone up all year, Mickens did great at the regional aswell as most of our guys they will all have a strong opportunity to move up in the rankings. Walker Parks posted better numbers than the top ranking OT in the country vs the same competition so he could make a strong push coming up soon after the opening.

I read somewhere about how rare it is for a Safety to be

May 21, 2019, 2:14 PM

a 5 star, at least by one of the services. So that may have some influence on Mickens final ranking.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I read somewhere about how rare it is for a Safety to be

May 21, 2019, 2:35 PM

More often than not there's at least 1 and 2 happens more often than 0 but it's hard to give a 5th because they're typically bigger body guys and don't explode with their athletic numbers as most are 4.5-4.6 area mid 30s vert, while CB's are the 4.3-4.4 guys with a bigger chart numbers so they get a better ranking

gotcha and i'm thinking

Jun 11, 2019, 11:44 AM

this James Williams from opalacka tha'ts 6'5 will be a 5*****. he's on my wishlist already

Our five stars are inconsistent across the services

May 21, 2019, 2:31 PM

Plenty of opportunities for our guys to become consensus 5-stars; most are not right now.

ESPN has DJ ranked 50th and a 4-star, for example. Ridiculous.

Myles Murphy is literally the highest-rated 4-star by Top247; any upward movement by him and he's a five. Bowman and Capehart are both high 4s there as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5th star opportunities for current 4 star commits?

Jun 11, 2019, 12:40 PM

Demonte Capehart and Walker Parks will both be 5 stars before it is over. If they aren't, then something is really wrong. Parks has a shot, and I mean a real good shot, at taking over the #1 OT spot from Paris Johnson.

Parks needed to fill out his frame and prove that he could keep his flexibility and quickness. He is, imo, the best technician in this class. Parks is the Tigers LT of the future. Clemson will have gone from Hyatt to Carmen to Parks. That is some serious talent protecting Watson, Lawrence and Uiagalelei.

I said before the latest update, if Parks didn't gain his 4th star, something was wrong. If Parks didn't move up inside the top 100, then something was wrong. If Parks didn't become the #1 prospect in the state of Kentucky, then something was really wrong. Well, now I'm telling you that if Parks doesn't get that 5th star and doesn't move to the 1st or 2nd best OL spot, then yeah...something is really f'd up.

Capehart is just a monster and this monster is real. There are going to be a lot of OL and OC's that will loose sleep over this cat. He is sure fire 5 star material.

Mickens is the wild card. He has the talent, no doubt. The best safety in the country. He was coming off a leg injury and that is what I think held him back forming possibly being a 5 star. He will have his chance to prove that he is 100% healthy. Once he does, then he will be more seriously involved in the 5 star discussion.

Call me crazy, but I think that Clemson will make some serious noise with one of these recuits,

Flowe
Ricks
Smalls

Before it's over with. Getting them on campus is the key. I just can't shake this feeling. It might just be false hope inside of me.

Message was edited by: ctigers_fan

I think one of our DTs has a chance to move up.***

Jun 11, 2019, 12:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,118
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic