Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ryan Day not gonna like this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Ryan Day not gonna like this.

Jan 26, 2020, 7:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Dv08QCobo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is OSU Reporters doing 1/2 Clemson commercial ^^^^^^^^^

Jan 26, 2020, 7:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Dv08QCobo

Re: Ryan Day not gonna like this.

Jan 26, 2020, 7:45 PM

Yes, of course, it's all geography and Dabo tells everyone on the recruiting trail that Clemson is going 12-0 in the next regular season. Give me a break! Also, these guys make it sound like OSU is some second rate football power that just does not recruit well anymore. Still sounds like whining, no matter how they say it. And, regarding the real USC, they make it sound like letting go of Clay Helton is such an easy, slam dunk decision. The school would have to hand over millions in the buyout and the new AD might not want to do this just yet. And, some time ago I read that the University president and the coach are pretty good friends. Always easy to make decisions that have no consequences and to spend other peoples' money.

5:30 mark - "Clemson lets other schools do the scouting for

Jan 26, 2020, 7:51 PM

them...they don't really do their own homework..."

Uh...I doubt that. We find way too many diamonds in the rough...too many walk-ons and two stars that go pro...three stars that win national awards. I'm pretty sure we're putting our own work in.

null

The guys making this video don’t do their homework.

Jan 26, 2020, 8:05 PM

Who was that 3 star kid we had committed and then Urban offered him and flipped him a few years back. He was a defensive guy I think. I can remember a while back that Dabo would offer these under the radar guys and then it seemed that offer was almost immediately followed by an offer from......Ohio State. A lot of people on this board were of the opinion that Urban was using Clemson to scout talent.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KW

Jan 26, 2020, 8:07 PM

Wasn't K'von a 3 star ?

Re: KW

Jan 26, 2020, 9:26 PM

I’m thinking KW is one but the guy I’m talking about is Juwan Briscoe.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2014/11/three-star_cb_juwuan_briscoe_d.html

Re: 5:30 mark - "Clemson lets other schools do the scouting for

Jan 26, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to 5:30 mark - "Clemson lets other schools do the scouting for ]

Hunter Renfro says Hi

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 7:52 PM

Yes you have to run that Big 10 gauntlet.Just don’t lose to Purdue by 29.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 7:54 PM

Host needs to do his homework....
1) Stated that Clemson does not sign any 3 star players??
2) Thinks the coaches uses our record on the field as the main selling point of the program??
Plus a few other items.

Thought it was interesting when he stated OSU did not have winter "Junior" days like Clemson, because recruits would not like the weather. Gets them up there for the spring game when it is better. Sounds like they do not want to be completely transparent.

Jan 26, 2020, 8:01 PM

I didn't hear them say Clemson doesn't sign 3stars , just that they don't have too. As for the record stuff, I don't believe for a minute Dabo would use that but I can see where they're going with it. I personally thought it was all good.

Time for us fans to rise above and not sink to their level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 7:54 PM

Pure Gold. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd live long enough to hear a national narrative like this on little ole Clemson. Just makes you swell with pride!

Stay hungry and humble folks. Represent well and follow dabo's lead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 8:10 PM

That is an incredible 15 minute salute to the greatness of Clemson University and Dabo Swinney. The idea a pro-TOSU video would devote so much time on who Clemson is, on how great we're recruiting, and how it's going to keep going is so unimaginably sweet.

Heck the idea that 'Ryan Day just isn't going to do these big winter recruiting week-end because he knows no one will come to Columbus in the winter' is a line that says a ton. These guys are saying Columbus sucks. That should come back to haunt the Buckeyes.

Yep the guy got a lot WRONG about Clemson, but he was expressing shock and awe and who Clemson is. I loved that. I laughed out loud 5 times. This might have been the best video I've watched since seeing the Ohio State Clemson game back in very early January. How sweet it is.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna smoke a cigarette.....

Jan 26, 2020, 8:16 PM

..rest up a bit, and then watch the first 15 minutes of this video again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm gonna smoke a cigarette.....

Jan 27, 2020, 8:20 AM

Thanks for the reminder to a funny and forgotten line heard years ago!

Q: Do you or your wife smoke after sex?
A: I don’t know . . . never looked.

???? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

That was a good Clemson infomercial***

Jan 26, 2020, 8:02 PM

Re: That was a good Clemson infomercial***

Jan 26, 2020, 8:33 PM

Free advertising!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was a good Clemson infomercial***

Jan 27, 2020, 8:34 AM [ in reply to That was a good Clemson infomercial*** ]

Definitely - thanks for the plug !! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 26, 2020, 8:08 PM

~JKB

Jan 26, 2020, 8:26 PM

These guys seemed pretty reasonable and realistic. Not the usual sunshine-pumping delusion you see from other schools. I enjoyed it, despite a few misstatements.

Geography certainly may be a factor, but "family" is the key.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the link, that was a good one***

Jan 26, 2020, 8:47 PM

Thanks for posting.

Jan 26, 2020, 9:10 PM

A few things that they stated were incorrect but I enjoyed hearing how hard they perceive it to be to hang with lil ole Clemson.

Jan 26, 2020, 9:19 PM

Wow have been following my tigers since 1978, listened to a record of The 1981 national championship until it finally cracked.

Never ever in my wildest dreams did I think that I would hear media members from The OSU talk like Clemson is a juggernaut in FSU or USC proportions.

These guys miss the family atmosphere, the small town environment, that special something that is in those hills. Clemson is a very special place. We are looking high and low for my daughter to find a a school she can play soccer for that is the same. Honestly it is very difficult, wish we had given her more height and speed. Clemson the environment and the city are truly unique. The closest we have found is actually Cornell, yes one of the Ivy’s. So if your a college athlete, not a complete brainiac, where are you going to go?

Crazy that little ole Clemson is now the it school. Enjoy it while it lasts guys, the one thing that is certain is that change will come.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny

Jan 26, 2020, 9:47 PM

It's funny that many of our own fans used geography as an excuse for the mediocrity under tommy bowden.

I have heard that excuse used for our basketball program.

This is why we should accept this excuse for our basketball and other programs.

Oops!

Jan 26, 2020, 9:56 PM

should NOT

Who?***

Jan 26, 2020, 10:29 PM

They gonna have to add to it after this #2 recruit just committed.***

Jan 26, 2020, 10:30 PM

Re: Ryan Day not gonna like this. Wow what bozos

Jan 27, 2020, 7:05 AM

its Clemson's conference. we cant compete w their winter weather. they use our scouting. Weak irrelevant sports blather. zero recognition of culture, coaching, or quality of institution. these guys are just awful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. I couldn't listen to it. These shills

Jan 27, 2020, 8:06 AM

have not ONE clue what makes Dabo/Clemson great. They think their baseless opinions are accurate just because, well, just because. Nothing but the same bs you hear everywhere. Lazy "journalism" to use the term VERY loosely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Ryan Day not gonna like this. Wow what bozos

Jan 27, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Ryan Day not gonna like this. Wow what bozos ]

^^^ this! ^^^ He didn’t even know our WR coach/recruiter’s name. . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 27, 2020, 8:34 AM

These guys and others just don’t get it!! All they have to do is read the recruits comments after committing. Its about family and culture not weather!! I bet they’ve never heard of Paw Journey!! And other programs we have for these young men.

Jan 27, 2020, 9:10 AM

Stick a fork in 'em. White meat.

Day's and tOSU's 'dislikes' have

Jan 27, 2020, 9:21 AM

Become sources of my happiness and entertainment!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic