Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
50 years ago today -Vietnam Part 3 - the little girl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,185

50 years ago today -Vietnam Part 3 - the little girl

Jul 17, 2020, 7:42 AM

After all of the initial excitement of the morning, a little girl around 9 or 10 years old wandered out of the village that was located about 100 meters from our position and came up to me saying her name was Mai. I told her my name and gave her a can of fruit. She sat down next to my air mattress which was still inflated and reached out to touch it. Her look of amazement was priceless and I realized that she had never experienced the comfort of a real bed or anything close. The grass huts they lived in usually had elevated boards to sleep on but until this incident, I had no idea how much it means to have even a little bit of comfort.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 50 years ago today -Vietnam Part 3 - the little girl

Jul 17, 2020, 8:21 AM

So much that we expect and take for granted, yet there are so many who cannot even imagine the lives we are so privileged to live. That's what pizzes me off so bad about all this protesting. So much for which to be thankful, yet somebody has to find the things we may lack. I like the half full glass, rather than the half empty. JMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nowadays the Taliban would have a suicide vest

Jul 17, 2020, 12:07 PM

strapped to that little girl, and she would have blown you and your mates to bits. They have no regard for a single human life, even that of a child.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nowadays the Taliban would have a suicide vest

Jul 17, 2020, 9:02 PM

Thanks, so much for your service. I can't thank you guys enough for defending our freedom and for standing up for those all around the world who couldn't stand up for themselves. May God bless you and your family and for all those who served directly and indirectly. God bless you and all those who picked up a weapon and stood the post, and their families. Sleep well, my friend. You deserve it.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,185
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic