Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey judge.....riddle me this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Hey judge.....riddle me this

Mar 23, 2019, 7:49 PM

Does Wofford have the " fan support ", " financial support " or administration support like a team from the ACC.....like Clemson?

just wondering....

cause you spend a awful lot of time making excuses ( excusing ) as to why Clemson has failed under BB.

I hate losing.... I hate it more then anybody.... But what I hate more is making excuses like you.

Clemson deserves better

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey judge.....riddle me this

Mar 23, 2019, 8:23 PM

I want to agree with you. But I see the attendance at most of our home games. And we really dont. We've been mid conference and for us that's probably better than the norm over our past. Especially now that the league is much larger. BTW I am not lobbying for Brad. I just think we think we deserve much more here than we do. We need 10% of the football folks to also care about hoops. We dont have that by a long shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2019, 8:31 PM

IF Wofford was a perennial power in basketball and made this trip to the dance on a regular basis you might have an argument. There are several teams that are in the dance this year that you could make the same claim about but they are occasionally good teams. Where were you last year when the Tigers were on their way to the elite eight?
Our concern is hopefully finding the support AND interest that will allow OUR team to be a regular visitor to the tournament. You obviously aren’t a part of that movement! When was the last game you attended?

5 conference championships in 10 years

Mar 23, 2019, 8:55 PM

in a one bid league is pretty good, isnt it? 5 for 5 in conference tourney championship games is pretty good.

Mar 23, 2019, 8:47 PM

If you had to suffer through the entire Shyatt era, or the latter end of Cliff Ellis' tenure, you are probably happy we are not crapping the bed every year. I remember years we were an utter laughing stock.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2019, 8:59 PM

Agree with this.CBB doing something right if not meeting expectations of making ncaa is a let down. The fact there were expectations of ncaa says something.

Misspelled "udder"***

Mar 23, 2019, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey judge.....riddle me this ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 23, 2019, 9:05 PM

I’m not sure I recall Judge making excuses. His take is the coaching is not the smoking gun most think it has to be. I happen to agree with him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sorry the reality of our subpar administrative and fan support

Mar 23, 2019, 9:11 PM

for basketball sounds like an excuse to you.

Question for you: do you honestly expect Clemson to consistently finish in the top half of the ACC, while spending less on basketball than all but one ACC team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Maybe we should have held on to Merl Code longer

Mar 23, 2019, 9:24 PM

He sure knows how to spend money on the players....

Re: Maybe we should have held on to Merl Code longer

Mar 23, 2019, 9:30 PM

Great post roach, I meant coach-dodo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2019, 9:22 PM

Forgetting CBB, who is a good coach and a good man, what is it about the last 50 years, and I saw all those, that gives anyone hope that the next 5 or even the next 50 will be any better? That’s what bothers me. I remember when UNC was good but not yet dominant in the 60s, same with Duke. We tried then but royally screwed up with Tates Locke and theoretically lost an opportunity with Barnes. I really don’t see it changing without a revolution. A LOT of Clemson want to see basketball do well. Without a jump up in overall talent and depth regardless of coach it is not happening. I like CBB but he doesn’t seem to be a visionary especially on offense and his pedigree doesn’t include a national championship background in his formative years. As long as we continue to do the same things we are just going to get the same results. Let’s just go join the SEC and we would be competitive there from day 1.

Mar 23, 2019, 9:27 PM

Do you really think we should join the SEC? How would that help us make or be competitive in the NCAA? Comeoman.

Mar 23, 2019, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey judge.....riddle me this ]

Do you know our resources are smaller than every SEC school except Vandy?

At least our academics and compatibility with the ACC is only mediocre in basketball. In most other areas we excel or compete strongly, and frankly, in basketball we overachieve. Just ask GT, Miami, Wake, VT and BC. As an SEC school we could survive, and maybe thrive in some areas, but Clemson would have to sacrifice so much of what makes her special in order to do it.

Whatever happened to "make them want to copy us"?

Mar 24, 2019, 5:27 AM

How do you "fans" deserve more? Seriously. Enough with the basketball bashing and the Brownell bashing. Y'all are becoming the democrats of America. Embarrassing. "Clemson fans deserve more". THats about a stupid a comment as I've seen. What have YOU done to "deserve" more. Support the ###### team and be a fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic