Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 Star RB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

5 Star RB

Jul 29, 2018, 6:27 PM

John Emery Jr just committed to Georgia. I was really hoping Clemson could pull some magic on this kid late, he's rated as the #2 back but I believe he's the best this class. NCAA can feel free to step in and investigate Georgia any day now. They just signed the #1 and 4 backs last class and have Swift.......money has to be passing hands to convince more top talent at that position to go there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Star RB

Jul 29, 2018, 6:31 PM

Bag men reign supreme in the SEC. Has been going on for decades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 6:36 PM

They should get the best RB's. Just like we should get the best WR's.

Jul 29, 2018, 6:37 PM

John Emery Jr just committed to Georgia. I was really hoping Clemson could pull some magic on this kid late, he's rated as the #2 back but I believe he's the best this class. NCAA can feel free to step in and investigate Georgia any day now. They just signed the #1 and 4 backs last class and have Swift.......money has to be passing hands to convince more top talent at that position to go there.

Wow! These kids want what Kirby is selling. Dell McGee is the Man! CKS is stacking them like cordwood. Sam Pittman is just as good. What a time to be alive!

Jul 29, 2018, 6:40 PM

Wow! These kids want what Kirby is selling. Dell McGee is the Man! CKS is stacking them like cordwood. Sam Pittman is just as good. What a time to be alive!

Actually it's more that these kids are selling what Kirby is buying, but hey, carry on.

^^^ from the Q -***

Jul 29, 2018, 7:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

Great observation. When you build you house on unstable ground it will eventually come crashing down. Maybe Kirby has been to Smart for his own good. It might be the UGA is flash and mirrors. It is building UGA at a very fast pace.

Dabo and Co. Spent years building Clemson on a solid foundation allowing the program to be consistently successful.

I will take Dabo way every time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

Georgia Bulldogs, National Recruiting Champions. Congrats!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 7:00 PM

So all those #1 classes Bama has signed this past decade had no bearing in 4 nattys in 9 years. Got it! Spin it/joke about it.... but you can't deny it ......Kirby has raised the recruiting bar to new heights.

Jul 29, 2018, 7:34 PM

Bama wins National Championships and Georgia doesn’t that’s the difference. If you win a Natty this century and join the big boys like Clemson and Bama then you can talk.

Jul 29, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

Until that pile of Dog #### UGA team has beat the champs, they are still just a pile of Dog #### until they have at least beat the Clemson team that has beat the champs recently, or, they remain just a Pile of Dog #### until they have beat the champs. You don't become a championship team just bc you have recruited well. Mark Richt recruited very well and stock piled top shelf talent also that ended up being just a big pile of more Dog ####!!!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 10:56 PM

Mark Richt signed 15 Five Stars in 15 seasons.......The KANG has 17 in 2 1/2. Kirby's worst class was better than CMR's best but carry on.

Jul 30, 2018, 8:17 AM

No natty tho

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

wheres the evidence from your end though?? bama has theirs

Jul 30, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

ya'll have owned in recruiting for 15 years. And you've had a couple division champs in the worst division in the south and...thats about it.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

StuperDawg, You do also remember that Richt had a top 5 recruiting class for nearly 10 years and did absolutely nothing. The only reason UGAy got into the playoffs last year was by default. Wren high school could win the SEC east, beat a over rated Choklahomo team and get into the playoffs! Bet you won’t make it back!

Too bad you will probably be dead before GA wins a Natty.***

Jul 29, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

Yep! Those are the kind of players you are going to need to beat Nichols State and Buffalo ....remember them!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

Absolutely 100%, an expected statement of defense coming from a Dog #### fan on a Clemson Tiger sports site. Anything less would have been larger piles of Dog ####! ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

Congratulations - get by Bama in SEC championship

Jul 29, 2018, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

and we'll see you in playoffs ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vacated wins are coming soon enough

Jul 30, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

https://deadspin.com/kirbys-law-will-make-it-harder-to-report-on-georgia-a-1770500372

Re: Vacated wins are coming soon enough

Jul 30, 2018, 5:45 PM

They are betting on, if it's not said or heard, it never happen. As always the crooks are running the government in Georgia, same ole shiot on a different 90 days later that gives the crooks plenty of time to cover up and hide what's real making it look to be false!!!! The bag man's bag just got deeper and fatter!!!

Jul 29, 2018, 6:38 PM

I cannot even imagine what the UGA boosters had to cough up to pry this kid away from LSU. I had heard the bidding war for Leonard Fournette approached absurdity - to the point it was too rich even for Alabama's blood - so prying Emery out of the hands of LSU's faithful was likely not...easy.

You do kinda wonder how long the NCAA will just continue looking the other way. I have heard repeated rumbles they're getting interested.

Jul 29, 2018, 6:40 PM

The same sources that have told you the NCCA is "getting interested" have assured me UGA isn't doing anything wrong.

Jul 29, 2018, 6:42 PM

AFDAWG said:

The same sources that have told you the NCCA is "getting interested" have assured me UGA isn't doing anything wrong.

Well, okay then. You seem very strong and powerful in your denial. ;)

He called you out and I agree.....

Jul 29, 2018, 8:40 PM

you haven't heard "grumbling" dude. Seriously?

Don't get any ideas UGA fan, something COULD be going on there. I just don't think QUOZ has any ear to the ground like he implies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He called you out and I agree.....

Jul 29, 2018, 9:52 PM

Outside of fans posting on sites like this and Cockytalk, where are you hearing this grumbling?

I don’t have any inside info but where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:00 AM

I like you. I like most of your posts. You don’t troll like the others. I don’t hate Georgia but unless the NCAA has just reached a point where they refuse to enforce the rules or refuse to take a hard look at certain schools I would be very concerned if I were a dawg fan. The Georgia legislature, being pushed by Kirby, has just blatantly thumbed their nose at the NCAA. If this were Clemson I would be very concerned about the current state and future of our program. I would have to bury my head in the sand to think otherwise.

Admittedly many of us come on here to goof off a little and talk some trash but Q is one of the posters I would consider accurate when he claims to know something. I’ve read his posts for a long time. His opinions are almost always sound and I can’t remember any of his claims to be inaccurate.

https://deadspin.com/kirbys-law-will-make-it-harder-to-report-on-georgia-a-1770500372

Re: I don’t have any inside info but where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:39 PM

Dabo has been recruting lights out for years and it hasn't occurred to me even once that he's a cheat, not even when he pulled the No 1 QB prospect out of Georgia. I think he connects with the kids and has a great school and program to offer. What kid wouldn't want to have the Clemson experience? I think the same can be said for Kirby Smart and Georgia. I just think before we allege Kirby's cheating, we should have something more than "they're signing too many 5 star players" or "I know a guy who knows someone who says they're cheating." The Coots do it to Clemson all the time with that church nonsense and it's cheap.

Re: I don’t have any inside info but where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:43 PM

I agree but passing a law like this is a really really bad look. What is the real purpose behind it unless you have something to hide? Like I said if this were Dabo pushing the SC legislature on a law like this I would be wondering when, not if, the NCAA will come crashing down on our football program.

Jul 29, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

quozzel said:

AFDAWG said:

Well, okay then. You seem very strong and powerful in your denial. ;)

All orange says,

My lord man, don't start telling bright very colorful lies to defend your statements, there is no more truth in this statement than it has been in the rest of your claims!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Jul 29, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

I have absolutely zero insider information at Georgia but at Clemson a little different. I know that a recruit last year who favored Clemson had his mom ask for money for his signature. Obviously our coaches will not take any part of that in any way. Long story short the recruit ends up signing with Georgia. Maybe the mom just liked Kirby and no foul play happened I don’t know.

Also I know every school in the country has boosters that “help” recruits out as I know this first hand. But when the coaches support it is when it is out of control and my guess is Kirby knows this all too well.

Grandpa also asked in front of reporters.

Jul 29, 2018, 8:44 PM

Don't think that recruit ever made it into the office. Pics were taken in the hallway.

Jul 29, 2018, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

I would love to see Georgia get hammered for something, but we sound petty imo when we claim a team is cheating just because they’re killing the recruiting trail. We will get our fill of good recruits.

I thought the only other RB Clemson's interested in,

Jul 29, 2018, 6:41 PM

is the kid from IMG ? Forgot his name. Ford ?

Re: I thought the only other RB Clemson's interested in,

Jul 29, 2018, 6:43 PM

Are you thinking of Noah Cain? I think the other back their most interested in is Tyrion Davis, but he's committed to LSU and is probably going to be impossible to pry away now.

Jul 29, 2018, 6:44 PM

they're*

Jul 29, 2018, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the only other RB Clemson's interested in, ]

Last I heard Georgia was going hard after him too. You'd think it would be impossible for LSU to let him get away now.

Jul 29, 2018, 6:57 PM

After losing out on both Akers and Etienne, and then not getting Joiner or anybody better last year, Orgeron is toast if he can't at least hang onto Davis. I mean he's probably toast soonish anyways but they have their number 2 and 3 commits for 2019 actively talking about flipping.

Jul 29, 2018, 7:11 PM

My LSU buddies were really bummed out about losing Etienne. I don't know how long Ed O's leash is, but guessing not very!

Jul 29, 2018, 7:14 PM

I think he's just hanging on at this point. He better hope Burrow is really good. Them losing out on both Surtain and Goodrich on signing day and having no fallback isn't good either for a coach who's strength is supposed to be recruiting.

Cain, yes !

Jul 29, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought the only other RB Clemson's interested in, ]

Jul 29, 2018, 6:49 PM

money is flowing freely in athens. they are not even trying real hard to hide it either. ask nolan smith how he gets home any time he wants to.

Our staff knows it. Knows sc is as well. Just

Jul 29, 2018, 7:09 PM

a matter of time.

It’s worse than Ole Miss.***

Jul 29, 2018, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 29, 2018, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

deroberts said:

money is flowing freely in athens. they are not even trying real hard to hide it either. ask nolan smith how he gets home any time he wants to.

Indeed it is! We had a surplus of about $20 million after the completion of the West End Zone Project. I thought it was going to be used for the training/ weight room expansion but I won't question the Kang.

Jul 29, 2018, 8:45 PM

2 chee’ to that super mutt!! We have new spring!!

Jul 30, 2018, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: 5 Star RB ]

Deroberts, pls don’t encourage asking Nolan Sm!th anything, we hear way too much and too often for him already!

Jul 30, 2018, 12:48 AM

^from

Jul 29, 2018, 6:59 PM

Well fortunately for you, clemson can pull some magic late on him still. It’s only July. They don’t sign till January.

Some of those RBs will transfer. Not enough carries***

Jul 29, 2018, 7:09 PM

That is my thought. Do they run a one back set? If so,

Jul 29, 2018, 7:30 PM

they will have multiple transfers unless the side benefits are really great. I know after Brentson Buckner played at Clemson, he stated he got absolutely nothing besides a scholarship while playing for Clemson, while his HS acquaintances that played for UGA got everything.

Jul 29, 2018, 7:39 PM

Now they just got a commitment from a 4 star ATH out of Louisiana. Money is flowing smh

Georgia has traditionally recruited top RBs along with a...

Jul 29, 2018, 8:17 PM

ton of talent at other positions. The traditional problem is keeping them out of jail. No Clemson fans should stress about RBs with Venables running our defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The issue with UGA and players in jail

Jul 29, 2018, 8:24 PM

ended when Richt headed south.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 8:18 PM

Now they just got a top 70 LB........

Who gives a Fuc!***

Jul 29, 2018, 8:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just goes to show you that uga....

Jul 29, 2018, 10:06 PM

will be dominating the sec east for years to come, has little to do with us , though , ...unless we see them in the semis or the natty final ..more of a problem for the coots than us ...lol ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2018, 10:49 PM

Sometimes character counts more than the stars. I will go with character every time. Kids with good character can be coached. But in many cases 5 Star kids are difficult to Coach because they feel superior to TEAM! For many elite players all they know is “ I “ or “Me” instead of TEAM.

Dabo and Company know exactly who they want and can coach. And we have the best facilities in college football.

You make a good point

Jul 29, 2018, 11:21 PM

And still it takes a few DW4's and 5-stars and underrated 4-stars to win it all. Great coaching is non-existent or unnoticed without great players.

Jul 30, 2018, 8:21 AM

Really? They put out a lot of good running backs into the NFL like we do with receivers. So by your logic we should be investigated for signing top WR talent every year. There might be money flowimg, but using RBs as the reason to investigate them is kind of dumb. If it was every single portion like Ole Miss was doing years ago, then yeah somebody needs to be investigated. Chill.

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic