Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Anyone else think Alabama

Oct 30, 2018, 12:47 PM

shouldn’t be a two touchdown favorite against LSU? Especially when Alabama hasn’t played against a team with a winning record on the road. LSU’s defense has been outstanding so far this, I think they keep themselves in the game and it’ll come down to the wire even though Bama will win by 3.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's Bama's record ATS this year?***

Oct 30, 2018, 12:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

5-3 same as LSU’s***

Oct 30, 2018, 3:29 PM

Actually, No. I think the spread is appropriate

Oct 30, 2018, 12:59 PM

Alabama will score points; the LSU defense is good but Alabama will still score. The bigger question is can LSU do anything on offense? My feeling is NO. Alabama's D isn't a good as some of their units the last couple years but they're still good and LSU's offense is below average at best. I hope I'm wrong but I think Alabama wins big.

Message was edited by: andylayne®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, No. I think the spread is appropriate

Oct 30, 2018, 2:05 PM

Agree with this 100%.

Re: Anyone else think Alabama

Oct 30, 2018, 1:04 PM

I think a spread anywhere between 13-17 is appropriate. There's no doubt this will be Bama's first tough road test, but LSU's offense is abysmal, and their defense isn't nearly as dominant as some people seem to be giving them credit for. I think that LSU may be able to slow Bama down early when they are fired up, but by the third quarter Bama's high powered offense will put up points.

I would definitely take Bama even at -14

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be a game for about the 1st qtr

Oct 30, 2018, 2:06 PM

the Bama will crush them just like everyone else.

I'm amazed at the number of people who think Bama is

Oct 30, 2018, 3:37 PM

so amazing. Yes, they have looked great thus far, but they haven't played any great teams and only played one good team (Texas A&M). Everyone else on their schedule has been awful, especially on defense.

If we ignore all of the media hype and look at actual data, there is no proof that Alabama is so unstoppable. Does anyone here really think that Tua would have 20+ TDs and zero interceptions this year if they had played a reasonably tough schedule? It's sort of like Etienne rushing for 11 yards per carry. Yes, he's a great RB, but we all know that such a high average is unsustainable and mostly due to the fact that we have played some really bad defenses. As we saw against a good FSU defense, the going got a lot tougher when he wasn't running against bad defenses.

Don't get me wrong, Alabama has a good offense, but to act like they will easily score on LSU and blow them out is allowing hype to outweigh substance. Maybe Alabama is truly that great, but until they play a real defense, we don't really know.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm amazed at the number of people who think Bama is

Oct 30, 2018, 4:23 PM

I don't think Bama is unstoppable by any means, and it's absolutely true that their stats would be worse if they had played better defenses. But if you look at the advanced metrics that take into account SOS (FEI, S&P+, F/+, ESPN Off/Def efficiency) then they are still the #1 offense in each of these metrics.

Overall they are #1 in each of these except FEI where we are ranked slightly ahead of them. We are #2 behind them in all the other ones.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm amazed at the number of people who think Bama is

Oct 30, 2018, 4:27 PM

The geek speak stops after you get punched in the mouth a few times.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic