Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everyone how was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Good morning everyone how was your weekend?

Apr 22, 2019, 6:30 AM

Awful, moving sucks. Today is the big moving day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope it goes well. Good weather day at least.***

Apr 22, 2019, 6:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Left Thursday night and went to Charleston/Edisto

Apr 22, 2019, 7:10 AM

and that was nice. Drove back Sat night to be back for Easter. Family stuff on Sunday.

8/10 because HECTIC AF.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh. Recovering from jet lag.

Apr 22, 2019, 7:13 AM

Almost everyone sick. Otherwise fine. Ate Easter lunch was good. Found a water leak. Think it's a exterior light fixture. Not sure. Have on list to fix. Up top. Now that it's Monday and not Easter weather's fine. But werk. Whatever.

Will be relaxing to work at least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry your vacation wasn't as good as it...

Apr 22, 2019, 7:46 AM

should have been. It makes me want to stay close to home but I have the sprang fevar and might test the water and travel during the summer months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, with a 1yo, 5yo, and 10yo, plus wife.....

Apr 22, 2019, 5:09 PM

Well. It was fun for the kids. They had a blast. That's all that matters. I'll get my white sandy beach, aqua water, and frosty frozen rum drink in a decade or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and wife could have enjoyed it more...

Apr 22, 2019, 8:16 PM

if you left the kids with granny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my suggestion. 10 times over. TRUST ME.

Apr 22, 2019, 8:26 PM

And as usual, she doesn't care about that.

Re: Good morning everyone how was your weekend?

Apr 22, 2019, 7:44 AM

Nice and easy. 10/10

Stepped on the scales yesterday and found I'm down a full 25 lbs. I cut my BP meds in half three weeks ago and still my head spins when I stand up quickly so another 10 lbs and I may have to cut that in half again. If that happens I might buy a bottle of good wine and take a swig.

I wish everyone had such a fine weekend.

Re: Long, but exhausting....

Apr 22, 2019, 7:49 AM

took Thursday off to go with our Good Friday off at work. 4-day weekend!!!!.......but,

Had to drive about 800 miles in multiple trips seeing family and helping my brother move some things. Gotta love being the only family member with a truck.

Nice Easter lunch and got to see most of the family, so that tops my weekend.

7/10 - wood due again

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FRIDAY!

Apr 22, 2019, 7:55 AM

was baller and fun. Took kids to the baseball game, boom

Saturday, we went west to Holland to see some of my wife's old college folk. Got WASTED! Twas fun.

Sunday, got home, did church duties, cookout with inlaws and then naps for everyone.

Holidays at my age with no parents and family that couldn't really care less about you, priceless. Makes for a really dreadful time and super sucksass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long

Apr 22, 2019, 7:56 AM

Wed - Stayed around the house till dinner time, went to in-laws and spent the night
Thurs - Drove to Stone Mountain in the morning, McJr freaked out about 2/3 the way up b/c scared of heights, later he has a 102 fever
Fri - Went to Fernbank Musuem, flew like a dinosaur, left with storms approaching and drove in them all the way up 85 back home
Sat - Fished a tournament, caught a lotta fish, did not come close to winning
Sun - McJr and MsJr both sick, stayed home all day, mom brought over Low Country Boil

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2019, 8:05 AM

Friday enjoyed my last night with Beagle #2. watched a few episodes of the office. That storm was intents. 55-70 mph wind gusts. Blew over the tree in neighbors front yard
Saturday went to the Riverbanks zoo. It was about 55 degrees and rainy--miserable weather--but the place was packed for some reason. Beagle #2 got picked up and taken to her new home in Florence. She seems to be doing well up there so far.
Sunday - Sick all day. woke up at 3am sick, didn't fall back asleep til 6am. woke up at 7am because baby. Went to parents house for a few hours and back home. I had chocolate rain runs all day and still do this morning. Can't trust a single fart right now.

Welp, The Tigers were swept but I didn't die.

Apr 22, 2019, 8:11 AM

Spent last week in the NC mountains between the GSMNP (we stayed in Bryson City) and Banner Elk. Got back Sattidy, chilled yesterday.

Planned on some trout fishing but weather and schedule kept me away. The only time I got a fly wet was when I dribbled a bit after shaking it.

8/10 cause rain fri/sat

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

SRS/100. How hard is it to learn to fly fish? I think I

Apr 22, 2019, 8:14 AM

need a new hobby. Something where I can be at peace and not have to talk to anyone else. Masturb8ing is getting old (jk, it isn't)

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy once you get the hang of it

Apr 22, 2019, 8:17 AM

I had planned to go last Sun/Mon but rain on Sun and the streams were too high on Mon. Didn't have another chance until Thurs but all the float trips were booked and I didn't know the area well enough to go on my own. The only places that had easy access were delayed harvest streams, which means catch and release until 6/1.

I was hoping for dinner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

You could prolly watch a few videos and learn in the

Apr 22, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to SRS/100. How hard is it to learn to fly fish? I think I ]

front or back yard in a day....Having learned to cast a fly rod, I still prefer the spinning gear. Trees would prob frustrate the heck out of me on the smaller rivers.

Yeah, I just need to get to the water more.***

Apr 22, 2019, 8:24 AM

Go take the free (or it used to be) class at Orvis

Apr 22, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to SRS/100. How hard is it to learn to fly fish? I think I ]

in Charlotte. I gave Joonyer a fly rig a couple of years ago and he went and took that class. They do it a few times a year and they'll at least get you to where you can start enjoying the sport over the course of a weekend.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My neighbor was a fly fishing guide for about 5 years.

Apr 22, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to SRS/100. How hard is it to learn to fly fish? I think I ]

I still don't think he's caught any salt water fish doing it, but he keeps trying. Near as I can tell its like golf; its not so much the fishing, its all the BS around it, tying flies, $300 waders, expensive rods and reels that don'.t look heavy enough to pull in a small redfish.

When he first moved in and we got to talking about fly fishing I told him it seemed kinda fancy just to go fishing. I still think that.

Thinking about it, its kinda like some folks in here obsession with the fancy beer. It's more about talking about it than it is drinking it.

Sounds right up my ally

Apr 22, 2019, 9:38 AM

except $300 waders

Those are the cheap ones.

Apr 22, 2019, 10:17 AM

He's got a $600 rod and reel.

It's location as much as anything.

Apr 22, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to My neighbor was a fly fishing guide for about 5 years. ]

I don't get to do much saltwater fishing, so if I had to choose to fish on the Chattooga or casting around docks on Hartwell, Chattooga wins every time. Just coincidence that river fishing like that is more likely to involve a fly rod.

I last did it on the Caney Fork river here---it was sweeeet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm over fresh water fishing.

Apr 22, 2019, 1:45 PM

It's rare that I don't catch something (even if its not what I'm fishing for) when I go fishing in salt water.

I can, and have, gone years and not catch anything in fresh water.

Same here.....except fly fishing.

Apr 22, 2019, 1:48 PM

Part of the reason I like it I guess.

Nothing to do with the gear probably, but the success rate has swayed me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much the reason I started bass fishing

Apr 22, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to SRS/100. How hard is it to learn to fly fish? I think I ]

"I'm going fishing" sounds a lot better than "I'm going to go drink beer alone on the boat".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet it helps that you can't

Apr 22, 2019, 3:56 PM

eat most of the fish out of Hartwell - so you're not really expected to bring home your catch for supper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

It's not hard at all actually...I enjoyed it the few

Apr 22, 2019, 1:28 PM [ in reply to SRS/100. How hard is it to learn to fly fish? I think I ]

times I did it and had more success than I do lake fishing.

Man oh man though, watch your back cast......you get one nasty birds nest in the line on a flubbed cast and you're like FTS for the rest of the day.

Good

Apr 22, 2019, 8:22 AM

Thursday: Baby girl came home for Easter break. The daughtersof took Maria out to dinner to celebrate her birthday.

Friday: Not much happened. The weather sucked and we just didn't fell like doing anything out in it.

Saturday: Celebrated baby girls 21st birthday. It was actually last week, so we didn't get the chance to be the first to take her out for a legal beer. We made up for it Saturday night.

Sunday: Hosted Easter. Too much food and drink were consumed.

Monday: Baby girl left to go back to school this morning. 4.5 hours of pacing around and waiting for the "I'm here safe" call have begun by her old man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So so...

Apr 22, 2019, 8:29 AM

was in Orlando on vacation/spring break last week. Took mother-of with us so she wouldn't be sitting at home alone all week (father-of passed the previous week). On Friday we went to Daytona area to see in-laws. Wasn't too bad and had some good seafood and messican food. Drove back to my parent's house in Aiken on Saturday. Went to Farrandos for some pizza and a few beers and back to parent's house that night. Couldn't sleep and stayed up 'till 430am working on estate/financial stuff for my mom and chasing a mouse in my mom's bedroom. Hit the 8:30 Easter service at my home church in Aiken, which wasn't easy. Easter egg hunt for kids at my parent's house. Settled on final to-do list with my mom, then drove back to Anderson. Hadn't really been home in 1.5 weeks. Played with dog and crashed in chair. In bed early.

Friday - got shitcanned at home and grilled something

Apr 22, 2019, 8:30 AM

Saturday - Dave and Tim in Charleston. Sweet talked a security guard and got 2nd row.

Sunday - Easter stuffs.

Did they play this one?

Apr 22, 2019, 1:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cfTibx4DyU

Re: 1/10........Swept again.......’Nuff said

Apr 22, 2019, 8:34 AM

Great trip to Clemson, despite the weather on Friday and Saturday, made it worthwhile.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad

Apr 22, 2019, 8:41 AM

Fri - worked because didn't work most of the prior week due to Masters. Fighting with wife so went to karaoke solo.

Sat - Wife realizes the error of her ways. Go to look at townhome. Place hasn't been updated since built in 1975 and they are asking market price of freshly updated place, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Lunch downtown and proceed to stay down there for several hours drankin' beers. Was probably a mistake.

Sun - Lazed around the house because heathen. Played golf, walked 15 holes, played like crap but the exercise felt good. Supper at Casa Bella with mom, mom's friends, brother and his newly minted bride, wife and baby. Delicious and have leftovers for lunch today.

Somewhere in there were some redhead things mixed in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

FANTASTICALLY EPIC.

Apr 22, 2019, 9:07 AM

Friday, swung by RH Mom's to check on her after work, then to Charlotte. Grabbed one of the most incredible tacos I've ever had in my life at Earl's Grocery (pork belly with collard green slaw, daikon pickles, and raw jalapeno slices), then next door to the Visulite Theater to see Band Of Heathens. Fourth time I've seen them and this was the best. An absolute phenomenal show. If you aren't listening to Band Of Heathen I might suggest that you start or go ahead and tab yourself in both ears with a Makita power drill.

Saturday, walked both pups (I've had Joonyer's pup since Wednesday), got a few chores done, then off to almost Chester for my grandnephew's 6th birthday party. Hung our for a couple of hours, then back to civilization to walk the pups before striking out for Charlotte for Shakespeare Carolina's rendition of Pulp Fiction. As a fan of both the movie and the legendary author, it was an awesome show. Three hours long and a complete re-telling of the entire movie in the correct order. Stopped in before the show for authentic Spanish tapas at Malabar, and the food was excellent...HIGHLY recommend.

Sunday, found it odd that almost everyone on Facebook seemed to know that I had finally woken up. Kind of creepy, but that's the price of fame I guess. Had a family brunch buffet at Friendly Billiards, and the food was nothing short of spectacular. Went back to RH Mom's and visited for a while with aunt & uncle, then we went back home to get the pups out. I was so full I took a 2 hour nap in the Big Chair...and I almost NEVER nap. Ever. Woke up, went to grocery, came home and played with pups then flopped back in the Big Chair until Joonyer came to get his dog around 10. He gave me the full rundown on his weekend at the Sweetwater festival, the left and I crashed.

If you could combine a Natty trophy with a Grammy and an Oscar...that would be the prize that best describes my weekend. 11/10, would do every weekend if it were humanly possible.

420Fest Easter never-miss-a-Sunday show

Apr 22, 2019, 9:23 AM

epic. the computer screen is moving a little more than it should. isbell coming on stage w/ the boys was pretty epic

post show game of thrones was pretty interesting as well. luckily there weren't too many wights or white walkers or I would've lost my ####. pretty excited for next week

good show and good times - 10/10

Apr 22, 2019, 9:37 AM

Friday: chilled
Saturday: worked on the house, watched golf, went for a walk, took ms midland out to dinner
Sunday: spent most of the day with daughter, ms midland cooked an assume dinner, watched golf and Naked and Afraid

Regular boring weekend..

Apr 22, 2019, 9:51 AM

except I did accept a new job..so i will be officially moving back to SC. Been looking for the right thing, and it finally came along:)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good

Apr 22, 2019, 9:55 AM

Friday - hosted birthday party, 35 people in the house and turned out great.
Saturday - went to a wedding, they didn't have enough seating and really only served hors d'oeuvres, so we took an Uber to a nice restaurant, ate, and returned to the wedding. Sad to watch the Canes get curbstomped in Game 5
Sunday - went to an Easter potluck brunch
Sunday evening - panicked that I didn't do any work this weekend
Monday morning - a couple projects aren't actually due this week so I'm a little relieved

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Not bad I guess.

Apr 22, 2019, 10:04 AM
bull.JPG(156.2 K)
cigs.JPG(129.1 K)

Friday went and saw 3/4 folks from Uncle Mingo. They surprisingly weren't that good. Sounded like a wedding band. Left after 3 songs.

Saturday, didn't go out in boat because of hurricane force winds so I washed my truck instead. I also figured out that I may be fired from my job, and they just haven't told me yet. I don't have any meetings scheduled, and haven't gotten any email since like Thursday. No one has called..just..silence. They took all my people away from me, and gave me one project, and I finished that. I tried to take some PTO for tomorrow and when I went into the app to do that, my name isn't even listed to choose. It's weird. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Who knows.

Sunday-Easter lunch with relatives in Goose Creek. Later went and saw two bands, one of them in a sketch place downtown that looks like the Dexter Lake Club. Excellent country music though. I mean it had to be good..they had a mechanical bull set up. They also have what may be the last manual cigarette machine.

8/10 because I didn't spend as much as last weekend.

The weird thing for me is that yours is the THIRD picture of

Apr 22, 2019, 10:22 AM

a cigarette vending machine I've seen since Friday.

Re: The weird thing for me is that yours is the THIRD picture of

Apr 22, 2019, 10:51 AM

Second band was the bass player, the drummer, and guitarist from Hans' band. (Hans played earlier) then were joined by the bass players' father playing the steel guitar (He's in the Blue dogs, too). Great band.

Apr 22, 2019, 10:31 AM

Friday. Dinner and drinks

Saturday...stood up by some chick for a date. Felt like a chump.

Sunday...beach, good food, ate with Mom, Game of Thrones.

6 out of 10

Re: Stood up by some chick

Apr 22, 2019, 4:04 PM

Don't worry, she will call this week - 1st Summer School tuition due beginning of May.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Quite eggsellent. Great long weekend at L'Heritage***

Apr 22, 2019, 10:54 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

very eventful

Apr 22, 2019, 11:15 AM

Picked up signs in Clemson Friday morn. Made it to Sweetwater 420 fest by about 2pm and parked right across the street. Was so positive about the weather I didn't bring any raingear into the festival. Got a mother clucker with a egg from the Roti Rolls truck (incredibly delicious) and listened to John Medeski's Mad Skillet from afar. Finished the roti roll and just had enough time to get under the big Sweetwater 420 experimental beer tent before dogs and cats started fallin from the sky. Drank several funky 4 oz pours under the tent while the rain poured down. Rain subsided so able to get up close to John Medeski. The sousaphone guy playing the base line was awesome. Loved John Medeski's Live Skillet and wood see again.

Caught the end of Pink Talking Fish. Heard 1 Talking heads song and 2 Fish songs. These guys are real good and want to see again! Billy Strings was incredible as usual, 11/10. They are bluegrass but are bigger than that. Love his cover of the Dead's China Doll. Saw most of Joe Russo's Almost Dead. They killed it. Got up close to Avett Brothers and they put on a great show.

Got up Saturday and got to Clemson again. Walked both dogs on the d i k e and it was Bear's first exposure to it. His big brother Deal went after a ball into the water and Bear didn't realize it was water. Figured out he could swim but he stayed away the rest of the day. Had pizza and salad at Sidewall in Clemson, their pizza and salads are incredible.

Got up Sunday and went early to church. Made ham and cheese sliders and visited my Dad and had an Easter lunch. Got back to Clemson and took dogs for a big hike. Bear got close to the water and barked at the waves produced by the boats. He did get a four paws in the water but no swimming today. Once he starts swimming, it will be difficult to keep him out.

Got back to GA to eat and pass out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Ongoing. Productive

Apr 22, 2019, 1:04 PM

Friday: woke up to a hole in the #### wall. Been sanding that off and on all weekend. Today I put primer on it and start painting.

Saturday: Pressure washed the house almost all day. Then that evening wife of helped me put down a new floor in the garden shed.

Sunday: Easter festivities.

Today I'm putting down a drive way while yall are in here bitching.

Have fun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Dis you in the blue hoodie?

Apr 22, 2019, 1:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaHdYDth-5E

I was hoping he was going to back into that garage***

Apr 22, 2019, 1:47 PM

slightly better than last weekend

Apr 22, 2019, 4:38 PM

i play cripple well

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't ever go full cripple***

Apr 22, 2019, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic