Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going to get landblasted for this when you guys wake up,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Going to get landblasted for this when you guys wake up,

Oct 15, 2015, 3:50 AM

but I'm seeing that someone else agrees. Bob stoops might be the next coach for the cacks. He has been unhappy at Oklahoma for years and wants a new challenge. Between his relationship w/ sac and the relatively easy expectations of Scar, I think it's a very good possibility. Flame away. I'm not too worried b/c we have shown what we can do against him when he's had 16 years of continuity in place but, you know our feathered brethren, always looking for the big hire.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/10/14/how-good-is-the-south-carolina-football-job-steve-spurrier/73948744/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be surprised if OU wants Stoops gone.

Oct 15, 2015, 4:29 AM

I'd be more surprised if he took a job at USuCk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 55 and wanting to make a difference. Gone are the days

Oct 15, 2015, 4:33 AM

of Paterno and Bowden. The man has made bookoos of money. He doesn't need it. If I were him, I'd take it.

Re: He's 55 and wanting to make a difference. Gone are the days

Oct 15, 2015, 4:57 AM

Why would you take that job when there might be plenty of jobs open at other schools by the end of this year or next? USuCk is not an easy school to win at and he might would be throwing his career down the toilet

USuCk has never done that for a coach.

Oct 15, 2015, 5:07 AM

BWAAAA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's 55 and wanting to make a difference. Gone are the days

Oct 15, 2015, 5:04 AM [ in reply to He's 55 and wanting to make a difference. Gone are the days ]

You would leave a place like Oklahoma , where you had won a national championship and had just missed two others , a place where you can recruit elite without really even trying all that hard ? For a school like Sakerlina ? A nowhere job doomed to failure due to it's history of having no history , a place where 2 Hall of Fame coaches have consecutively been ousted because of failure to produce any substantive result , like a conference championship or a major bowl appearance?
That is laughable. No , it really isn't funny ...but I laugh at the thought of just how silly it sounds.
Coot job is a mire of regret , it is a middle to lower tier job much like Kentucky or Iowa State .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

3-11 win seasons

Oct 15, 2015, 7:17 AM

they had 3-11 win seasons. Can you name any other teams that can say that? They also have an SEC EAST Championship and their current coach is a 3 time national champion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be a good hire for them. I like the fact that

Oct 15, 2015, 4:59 AM

we would still have the younger coach in Dabo. That seems to be working pretty well for us on the recruiting trail.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

40-6 with a backup QB

Oct 15, 2015, 6:12 AM

i could get used to that...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word.

Oct 15, 2015, 6:14 AM

You had the correct usage but used a wrong word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lambasted?s=t

Found Juan.

Oct 15, 2015, 6:22 AM

Not here it's not.

@turf2 - siriusly?***

Oct 15, 2015, 6:25 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K231MfPUdqM

Oct 15, 2015, 6:44 AM

nm

Takin that with a grade of slaw***

Oct 15, 2015, 6:52 AM

Re: BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word.

Oct 15, 2015, 6:33 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

I'm pretty sure he knows that. Landblasted was part of the stategery for his post. This comes up all the time on Tigernet, then their is always somebody that tries to "nip it in the butt" with a grammar correction. Next some other jerk will come along and make a post with several obvious grammatical mistakes, each one worst than the next, attempting to make it look on accident. He'll make so many errors that you'd think he was suffering from Old Timer's. Irreguardless of the incorrect grammar, resist the urge to correct because it will make you look silly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word.

Oct 15, 2015, 6:59 AM

ClemTig - ewe covered all of you basis really well...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Knot quiet awl....***

Oct 15, 2015, 7:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said "grammar." What? It's grammer. Puleeze learn

Oct 15, 2015, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

to spell when visiting Tigernet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You said "grammar." What? It's grammer. Puleeze learn

Oct 15, 2015, 12:15 PM

We are unimpossible!

He just trying to be a prime madonna

Oct 15, 2015, 6:45 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He just trying to be a prime madonna

Oct 15, 2015, 6:49 AM

You mean like Caitlyn Jenner?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dood, you just need to take all this stuff...

Oct 15, 2015, 7:06 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

with a grade of slaw.

Never take it for granite that someone knows how to spell***

Oct 15, 2015, 7:24 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

Deer turf2....

Oct 15, 2015, 9:01 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

Nu 2 T-ultraverse?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ain't from around here are you son?***

Oct 15, 2015, 9:02 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yikes. You just walked into something.***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you sure its not sandblasted???***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:53 AM [ in reply to BTW, It's LAMBASTED. Landblasted is not a word. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure stoops may be their next hc. So may a 1000

Oct 15, 2015, 6:36 AM

Other people.
What scar needs is the fIrst female head coach.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Sure stoops may be their next hc. So may a 1000

Oct 15, 2015, 6:38 AM

First Asian female coach. If you're going to be a trendsetter, go for the gusto!

Spurrier set the boob bar high

Oct 15, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Sure stoops may be their next hc. So may a 1000 ]

I'm not sure that there are many female coaches out there with bigger.

They could bring Bear Bryant back from the dead and screw

Oct 15, 2015, 7:43 AM

that up too.

Re: Going to get landblasted for this when you guys wake up,

Oct 15, 2015, 7:49 AM

Why would any successful coach want to ruin their legacy at the Graveyard of Coaches? He wants a challenge? Stoops is more likely to find a cure for cancer than have any kind of meaningful success at that dump of a school.

They'll never be much more than the doormat of the SEC, best they can hope for is someone young willing to jump in that fire and make a name for himself before moving on to bigger and much better things.

If Stoops leaves OU....

Oct 15, 2015, 7:53 AM

it certainly won't be to take-over a sub-standard program and perennial doormat like $CU.

He'd be aan excllent choice for UGa if they fired Richt though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If Stoops leaves OU....

Oct 15, 2015, 8:05 AM

I agree. There are certainly going to be some more coaching jobs open up and I would expect Stoops to be at the top of those school's lists too.

If Stoops is looking, I siriusly doubt it will be towards

Oct 15, 2015, 9:25 AM

that cess pool in the middle of the state. Maryland, the real USC, and even Illinois (maybe not) are better jobs with a better chance of success. I don't think he'd leave a top tier elite program to go to a cellar dweller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2015, 10:56 AM

After Dabo and the team took his ### behind the woodshed,there is no way he wants to face us every year with less talent than he has now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he does go there

Oct 15, 2015, 11:00 AM

So we can beat our little cawks 40-6 every #### year.

He'd be the biggest hypocrite ever

Oct 15, 2015, 11:04 AM

after how much trash he's talked about the SEC

Re: He'd be the biggest hypocrite ever

Oct 15, 2015, 11:30 AM

Lets talk facts ,., Holtz was a washed up coach that coots threw more money than we will ever know
to come coach ,., Ball Sack the same thing ,., he Quit the Redskins and they had more money than he could turn down ,., Think about this ,., Who wants to Follow him ??? Who thinks he could Win when
the Sack couldn't ., Everyone alive knows how hard it is to recruit to cooterville ,., You cant sit
and wait on a class that commits cause they know they cant Qualify any where else ,.,
Remember when the sack had the Admission Standards Lowered for him ,., or he would QUIT ,.,

The coach they hire will be one that comes only for the Money ., Coaches that are established and
do some research wont touch the job .,
Right now and by the end of the season there will be many openings ,., lot better jobs than putting up with coots ,.,
Show the New Coach the trophy case ,., he can move it in his office .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami will be open

Oct 15, 2015, 11:33 AM

and that would be a more likely landing place for Stoops

GTFO***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2015, 11:48 AM

I must admit, you make good points, and if he was going to leave there it could in fact be this year as Sterling Shepard will be gone. I'm sure many of you know but Stoops has almost been as a surrogate father to that young man, and would not have left before I think. Stoops is a pretty good coach, and SC for all their bluster has very low expectations compared to OK. Still, the talent draw is significantly less than OU so I just don't know if I see that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a large stucco house with "Stoops" on the mailbox

Oct 15, 2015, 12:00 PM

on the 1st green of the Turtle Point Course @ Kiawah. Does anybody know if it's Bob's or Mike's or their family retreat...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should take the Miami job

Oct 15, 2015, 12:21 PM

It worked out pretty dang good for the last coach that left an Okalahoma school for Miami. I could definitely see him locking down the talent in south Florida.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic