Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 undefeated talk nonsense. Visual proof...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,259

4 undefeated talk nonsense. Visual proof...

Oct 7, 2018, 5:59 PM

Just look at the final standings from the past 10 years. There’s never been 4 undefeated teams. And there won’t be this year. I’ve listed the years where there’s been a handful of one loss teams. That may create controversy. However stop all the multiple undefeated seasons talk. Not gonna happen.

There’s always an average team that plays out of their mind against a great team (who turns it over 3-4 times that game) and hence, an unexpected loss occurs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 undefeated talk nonsense. Visual proof...

Oct 7, 2018, 6:07 PM

Been saying this for several years here. You’ll have to repeat it until your blue in the face and yet it will still not be understood. Thanks for posting.

Re: 4 undefeated talk nonsense.

Oct 7, 2018, 6:47 PM

Yup, not going to happen!

Every Average team is going to give their best shot to take an unbeaten team down. And the ball just has to bounce right a couple of times, and an upset can happen!

Just look at what happened to us. Pitt, and then Syracuse

Re: 4 undefeated talk nonsense.

Oct 7, 2018, 6:47 PM

Yup, not going to happen!

Every Average team is going to give their best shot to take an unbeaten team down. And the ball just has to bounce right a couple of times, and an upset can happen!

Just look at what happened to us. Pitt, and then Syracuse

There were 5 before the bowls as recently as 2009

Oct 7, 2018, 6:48 PM

Alabama, Texas, Cincinnati, TCU, Boise State

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season

There were also 3 before the bowls in 2010.

Auburn, Oregon, TCU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

two of those aren't power 5 and the others didnt have

Oct 7, 2018, 7:17 PM

a conference championship game that they will have to win as well

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There were 5 before the bowls as recently as 2009

Oct 7, 2018, 7:35 PM [ in reply to There were 5 before the bowls as recently as 2009 ]

Cincinnati and Boise State don’t count.

Oct 7, 2018, 6:54 PM

So who is Bama, OSU, Clemson, WVU, and ND going to lose to? Ofcourse I do not think even 4 of those 5 go without an L but this year it looks as possible as any.

WVU always good for a November slide

Oct 7, 2018, 7:10 PM

Those 2 away games ???

https://fbschedules.com/west-virginia-football-schedule/

Lets make a bet

Oct 7, 2018, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 undefeated talk nonsense. Visual proof... ]

I say all 5 don't go undefeated and I'll even give you 2:1 odds

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 undefeated talk nonsense. Visual proof... ]

Well if you look at the schedules it seems like an easy statement to say Clemson or OSU or Bama is more talented than every team on their schedules. However, as I said above, unexpected losses. Now I’m repeating myself. Great.

My point is, everyone’s arguing about undefeated teams and it’s only week 7. Yeesh. Go cut your grass, workout, read a book, watch some Netflix, play with your kids. Do something important.

Oct 7, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 undefeated talk nonsense. Visual proof... ]

Well if you look at the schedules it seems like an easy statement to say Clemson or OSU or Bama is more talented than every team on their schedules. However, as I said above, unexpected losses. Now I’m repeating myself. Great.

My point is, everyone’s arguing about undefeated teams and it’s only week 7. Yeesh. Go cut your grass, workout, read a book, watch some Netflix, play with your kids. Do something important.

Why do some on here get so angry when others enjoy talking

Oct 7, 2018, 7:47 PM

about various scenarios, regardless how unlikely they may be! Just skip those threads, if they bother you so much!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,259
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic