Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo's warning: This team playing just as well as 2018 team and getting better
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo's warning: This team playing just as well as 2018 team and getting better

Oct 27, 2019, 7:07 PM

Dabo's warning: This team playing just as well as 2018 team and getting better

Head coach Dabo Swinney thinks his football team is playing on a par, and better in many areas, than the 2018 team that finished with a perfect 15-0 season. The team is also playing its best football of the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo's warning: This team playing just as well as 2018 team and getting better

Oct 27, 2019, 7:25 PM

:) ") ") ") ")

Re: TNET: Dabo's warning: This team playing just as well as 2018 team and getting better

Oct 27, 2019, 7:28 PM

:)

I can't wait until we play one of the "better than Clemson"

Oct 27, 2019, 7:29 PM

teams at the top of the AP poll. Those teams better not start believing all of the hype because it's going to be a rude awakening when they play Clemson.

Those teams at the top don't believe the hype

Oct 27, 2019, 8:10 PM

They're on board with the media effort to convince the CFP to leave Clemson out...they know what will happen. Too bad...it's coming and there's nothing they can do to stop it. 30 straight!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those teams at the top don't believe the hype

Oct 27, 2019, 8:16 PM

^^^THIS^^^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhh! Don't tell'em Coach! Let them eat the Rat Poison!

Oct 27, 2019, 9:08 PM

Let's let them think Clemson has fallen off. That should make it so they are lax in their preparation. I mean, "why worry about a team that is as bad as the analyst suggest"?
Hopefully the coaches at Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, etc. will believe it as well!

Please let them think that we aren't any good, LOL!

I would only pray I could see the looks on their faces after they get a beat down from Clemson. Sure it would be priceless.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those teams at the top don't believe the hype

Oct 28, 2019, 4:31 AM [ in reply to Those teams at the top don't believe the hype ]

I'm sure the coaches don't believe the hype. But many of the players are as young as 18. I'm sure some of the players, esp. freshmen / sophomores, do believe it when the media keep saying how great they are.

The media knows this and they are scared.

Oct 27, 2019, 8:09 PM

They will continue to ramp up attacks against our schedule as this team gets better and takes away anything else they can criticize.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The media knows this and they are scared.

Oct 28, 2019, 5:13 AM

I think there's a lot of circular reasoning going on with the sports media. Some of the talking heads will say Clemson is not as good as those other teams this year. Then other talking heads will discount our wins because "Clemson is not as good as those other teams." Then other talking heads will repeat that and on it goes. They are just agreeing with each other as if that means anything. I can't wait for them to be gobsmacked during the playoff.

We don’t have to worry about what the media thinks.

Oct 28, 2019, 7:10 AM [ in reply to The media knows this and they are scared. ]

As long as our Tigers go undefeated and continue putting up stats similar to last year, there’s no way the CFP cmte will leave Clemson out and look at themselves in the mirror each day and think they made a remotely legitimate assessment. Clemson obliterated everyone in the playoffs last year they faced, including embarrassing mighty Alabama, which the some in the media was wanting to crown among the best CFB teams ever before the game. So there’s no way Clemson gets left out, regardless how jaded the media may be, with a 28-0 record. So we can all rest easy as long as the Tigers play to their potential and do their their part.

Roar Tigers

the coots are entering injured season

Oct 27, 2019, 8:15 PM

they play each player till they are too hurt to play...then repeat. This is why they get worse as the year goes on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2019, 8:22 PM

Dabo speaks the truth. Last night's performance was as good as I've ever seen Clemson play. The Tigers are freakin' scary.

Oct 27, 2019, 8:34 PM

Lil' Ole Clemson will show them again. It's good to be the underdog. Go Tigers!!

Oct 27, 2019, 10:36 PM

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 4:58 AM

Entering Championship Phase!!!!

If the team is improving each game and we have potentially 7 more games, then this team will be scary good for the college football world by the playoffs!

Let the ### kicking begin!

Message was edited by: tigernation2000

In Dabo, I trust

Oct 28, 2019, 8:40 AM

”How many teams come out of the gate and people talk about how great they are and then they don't get any better.”

Reminds me of some top teams we seem to go against each year, ones that everyone gushes over until Clemson gets ‘em. Possibly ones that the polls have prematurely enshrined, as usual.

Lamar Ohhh Snap Jackson’s looserville team comes to mind....

Oct 28, 2019, 9:24 AM

he “won” the Heisman in the first half of the season and then completely tanked at the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: In Dabo, I trust

Oct 28, 2019, 7:26 PM [ in reply to In Dabo, I trust ]

Ucel74 said:

”How many teams come out of the gate and people talk about how great they are and then they don't get any better.”

Reminds me of some top teams we seem to go against each year, ones that everyone gushes over until Clemson gets ‘em. Possibly ones that the polls have prematurely enshrined, as usual.

Precisely!

They have anointed Ohio St, LSU and Alabama already as "they very best"! Thing is - Bama and Tua were setting records versus virtually the same schedule "LAST YEAR"! We have seen this before. Remember Haskins? J.T. Barrett? Braxton Miller? All those OSU QB's were Heisman watchlist players b/c they were tearing up the Big 10. Man - Ohio St. has half a roster full of kids from the American South(speed). Most Big 10 teams don't - they also have an offense that maximizes that team-speed advantage. Do the math - they blow teams out as a result. But, what happens when other teams top to bottom can run with you. Can physical with you. There is speed in the Big 10 - but not top to bottom - and that's the difference really! That one play a back up is in or a player goes down and a big play happens. Separation.

This has played out before. They have discounted Clemson before. They still have apparently "not learned"!

A Hard Head - creates A Hard A**!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

39 Juniors, Seniors and Grads. 19 RS Sophs

Oct 28, 2019, 10:21 AM

I don't mean to destroy Dabo's narrative, but half of the roster (including walkons) is in their third , fourth or fifth year.
We have 45 first or second year scholarship players. I know he likes to count every walkon and that's great but this time of year you have to concentrate on the 60 - 70 that are playing meaningful minutes and most of them are upperclassmen.
js.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: 39 Juniors, Seniors and Grads. 19 RS Sophs

Oct 28, 2019, 11:28 AM

You do realize that 45 of 60 to 70 is exactly what Dabo is saying. Yes he's adding walkons but he's going by the 80 out of 120. So 2/3rds have never played in a game that they have lost. 45 out of 70 is still about 2/3rds so you've just enforced his narrative.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic