Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson in Top 5 of ESPN's CFB Power Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson in Top 5 of ESPN's CFB Power Rankings

Oct 19, 2015, 11:07 AM

Clemson in Top 5 of ESPN's CFB Power Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"34-17 romp".... 2 spot slide. Makes for good ESPiN....***

Oct 19, 2015, 11:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama in Top 4?

Oct 19, 2015, 11:20 AM

At least pretend not to be biased. There is no basis whatsoever to have Alabama in a top 4. They lost to a soon to be unranked team that lost to Memphis. What a joke.

Bama is an elite team this year...

Oct 19, 2015, 11:27 AM

They lost to Ole Miss but they turned it over 5 times. The Bufu-ed us. Their only weakness was at QB and WR going into season but they seem to have worked that out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get back to us when GA gets a QB and a real D....***

Oct 19, 2015, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sooo, if you turn it over and lose, it's cool, IF you are an

Oct 19, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Bama is an elite team this year... ]

SEC team? What a joke. If you turn it over 5 times in a game to mississippi, you are NOT elite. If you have a loss, you are behind the zero-loss teams from the power 5 conferences, period. The only thing you can cluck or growl about is being the best 1-loss team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Newsflash, UGA isn't that good either.

Oct 19, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Bama is an elite team this year... ]

You outchoked Tennessee and then had a pillowfight with a team that lost to Kentucky. And don't tell me about your injuries, everyone has injuries.

If you really think Bama's wins are SO strong that they override a LOSS, at HOME, to a two-loss team that just lost to MEMPHIS, then your opinion can be safely discarded.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've just had your butt sniffed.

Oct 19, 2015, 11:36 AM

That's all he's here for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You furnished that same ### to UcheaT.

Oct 19, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Bama is an elite team this year... ]

They stroked hard and didn't touch side nor bottom either. Thank goodness for Vandy, USuCk and UK right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CGD be hurtin'...***

Oct 19, 2015, 11:36 AM

They're good, but they've lost and don't have a big win yet

Oct 19, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Bama is an elite team this year... ]

Their loss is also to a two loss team that's been smoked in both of their losses.

And if we're going to let turnovers take away from the gravity of a game, then what should we say about Bama scoring 21 points against A&M off of pick-sixes (and then there was another INT that Bama somehow didn't manage return for a TD)? That's a bigger deal than Ole Miss turning them over 5 times, because Ole Miss didn't score off of every turnover. Do they not deserve credit for that win?

ESPiN uses a coin with heads on both sides...***

Oct 19, 2015, 11:43 AM

Their wins are probably better than ours right now.

Oct 19, 2015, 11:53 AM [ in reply to They're good, but they've lost and don't have a big win yet ]

Just being perfectly honest.

I think ND is better than TAMU and UGA, but those two wins together are better than any two of ours. Our 2nd best win right now is a tossup b/t 3-4 BC, 2-4 UL, or App St.

Now compare the losses....

Oct 19, 2015, 11:54 AM

oh.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was only responding to the point about them not having a

Oct 19, 2015, 12:00 PM

big win yet. If you want my opinion on Bama in the top 4 I'll give it to you.

Should they be in now? No

Are they playing like one of the 4 best teams in CFB right now? Yes

Will they be in at the end of the year? Quite possibly. They can't afford another loss, but they are the best team in that division and i think they will beat LSU at home.

What I said was they didn't really have a big win

Oct 19, 2015, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Their wins are probably better than ours right now. ]

I wasn't comparing all of their wins to all of ours. ND is a bigger win than any of Bama's wins, although the TAMU win is pretty good.

Yes, Bama has a couple of other "ok" wins that are better than ours. I do think that UofL win will look a lot better at the end of the year, but obviously that's just my opinion.

I'm sick of Alabama always being the top 1 loss team

Oct 19, 2015, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Bama is an elite team this year... ]

they need at least 3 losses each year to be eliminated from the playoff finally.I bet if they lose again they will drop to #9 at worse

They are good, yes, but they shouldn't jump an undefeated

Oct 19, 2015, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Bama is an elite team this year... ]

P5 team. I don't care how good they are, Clemson has got it done every week so far, they have not...

Re: Bama is an elite team this year...

Oct 20, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Bama is an elite team this year... ]

No , they haven't played a team like Clemson who can stuff the run . That is why they look so strong . Those downfield passes wouldn't be there if anyone were stopping Henry .
Clemson will if we get the chance . Also , FYI ,
Great teams don't turn the ball over 5 times in a single game .
hTh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Higher rank than AP, but many CU fans bemoan ESPN as anti-CU

Oct 19, 2015, 11:55 AM

Seems like the average ESPN analyst is more favorable to Clemson than the average AP voter. Just win, baby!

One issue is that everyone on Tnet (including Tnet itself)

Oct 19, 2015, 12:02 PM

quotes everything from ESPN as "ESPN says..." or "ESPN ranks..."

Nevermind the fact that there are probably 20-30 people on ESPN writing about CFB that all have different opinions. Instead of saying "ESPN says..." why not say "Heather Dinich at ESPN says..."????

One reason for that is they're thinking about the playoff

Oct 19, 2015, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Higher rank than AP, but many CU fans bemoan ESPN as anti-CU ]

As we saw with FSU last year, the playoff committee pays more attention to this season than to residual high ranking from last year. So I think the same thing may happen to Ohio State as happened to FSU last year if they keep playing mediocre.

Here is to hoping that the SEC cannibalizes itself in the up

Oct 19, 2015, 12:07 PM

coming weeks. I would love to see OM and A&M take down LSU. We know that Bama is gonna beat LSU in Alabama......maybe Tennessee or Awbarn can take down Bama again. I don't see much help coming out of the SECleast in the SECCG. So yes Herbie, I will breathe and it will work itself out. It is just crazy that he would put them both in. I can see one, but 2?!?!?!?!??!!?! How does that even work? Maybe if LSU loses to Bama and gets blocked out of the SECCG.............

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: FB Update: Clemson in Top 5 of ESPN's CFB Power Rankings

Oct 20, 2015, 9:46 AM

Herbstreit is an $EC homer just like the rest of ESecPN. Alabama gets beat on their home field by an Ole Miss team that lost to Memphis, but now they are ranked 3rd in the power rankings. Complete and total Bull$h!+!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic