Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney ranked Top 3 coach nationally for 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney ranked Top 3 coach nationally for 2017

May 10, 2017, 6:01 PM

Swinney ranked Top 3 coach nationally for 2017

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No MooseChump?

May 10, 2017, 6:04 PM

Boom...Game on!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not even the 3rd best coach in their weak-a$$ Division***

May 10, 2017, 8:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: No MooseChump?

May 10, 2017, 10:33 PM [ in reply to No MooseChump? ]

With a name like MustbeaChump, I don't think he would ever be in the Top 50.

Re: FB Update: Swinney ranked Top 3 coach nationally for 2017

May 10, 2017, 6:12 PM

I'll take Dabo over Meyer.

Saban is still the king though.

May 12, 2017, 7:51 PM

Dabo has beaten #1,2,4 & 7 out of top 10

real ranking - dabo, sabin, myers -he beat both in '16 - '17***

May 10, 2017, 6:18 PM

if this ranking is about what your team is doing right now...

May 10, 2017, 6:28 PM

then how the h3ll is Dabo not #1. He for ### sure should be ahead of Urban for 2017 after the ### whipping we handed Ohio State.

Re: if this ranking is about what your team is doing right now...

May 10, 2017, 8:09 PM

A beat down of epic proportion. That is what makes this a bit sad were it not so comical. The media bias is alive and well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

newsflash cbs

May 10, 2017, 6:38 PM

Dabo beat urban and nick. #1

After 31-0 beat down,,#3 should jump #2 for sure.

May 10, 2017, 6:43 PM

Give Dabo is due, #1 for 2017 for sure.

Re: After 31-0 beat down,,#3 should jump #2 for sure.

May 10, 2017, 8:10 PM

But for a trick play, Dabo would have beaten Saban twice, as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2017, 2:22 PM

Opppps, trick plays have always been a part of winning FB games as long as what they do to trick is within the rule book. Saban beat us without any ifs, and Dabo beat him, they are 1-1 in the win and the lost column!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2017, 8:17 PM [ in reply to After 31-0 beat down,,#3 should jump #2 for sure. ]

absolutely should no be behind O State.

May 11, 2017, 2:16 PM [ in reply to After 31-0 beat down,,#3 should jump #2 for sure. ]

2016 for sure Dabo beat them both. But the history of the past 10 years to date, Saban and Meyer has proven themselves to be two of the best, and that can't be ignored with both of them winning NC's at two different schools, and that is being recognized when being judged as the two best Head FB coaches. Dabo is beginning to get his due, and if he keeps winning in the form that he is winning, he will get his due through out the country bc he can't be denied by even the haters!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand how Harbaugh is ranked #5

May 10, 2017, 6:51 PM

And apparently, neither did the writer:

"Jim Harbaugh (10): I'm just going to be honest here. I think Harbaugh is a great coach. I would be thrilled if Harbaugh was coaching my favorite team. I still think he's ranked too high. While I feel like it's only a matter of time until it happens, he's yet to win a conference title on the FBS level. In fact, he hasn't even won a division title yet. He may end up being a top five coach sooner rather than later, but I just don't think he has the overall resume to be considered one now. My fellow voters disagree, obviously."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand how Harbaugh is ranked #5

May 10, 2017, 7:03 PM

Obviously thin pickings!

Re: I don't understand how Harbaugh is ranked #5

May 10, 2017, 7:49 PM [ in reply to I don't understand how Harbaugh is ranked #5 ]

He has not earned anything yet.

Harbaugh, 0 titles...David Shaw has 3

May 11, 2017, 2:47 AM [ in reply to I don't understand how Harbaugh is ranked #5 ]

Jim Harbaugh is easily the most overrated coach in college football. Can't be in the top 5 without having won at least one conference championship. His being ranked 5th is like a 5* prospect that hasn't enrolled. There's potential...but hasn't actually ACHIEVED anything yet.

His main achievement is upsetting SoCal twice ... and

May 11, 2017, 11:14 AM

... and going 12-1 his last year at Stanford.

Other than that, his career as a college coach has been pretty mundane.

I agree with this and it's awesome to be a #3

May 10, 2017, 8:06 PM

Urban Meyer might have gotten his butt kicked by Dabo they last 2 times but it's about a body of work.

Dabo has had a shorter career as head coach and if things continue (and I believe they will) Dabo passes him. Right now, in this moment it's fair.

I would still pick Dabo over Urban right now but I'm baised.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

edit: the whole post is littered with bad typos, sorry***

May 10, 2017, 8:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with this and it's awesome to be a #3

May 11, 2017, 10:07 PM [ in reply to I agree with this and it's awesome to be a #3 ]

I would pick Dabo right now, too. Dabo has done it a schools where it's not all just about the football program.

May 11, 2017, 10:08 PM [ in reply to I agree with this and it's awesome to be a #3 ]

I thought it was a fair ranking as well. Both other coaches have won multiple titles and more than one program. David will be number 1 before his career is up.

May 11, 2017, 10:09 PM

Dabo will be #1
Stupid auto correct

Interesting!

May 10, 2017, 8:08 PM

I find it amusing that he is behind two that he just beat, one of whom he took to school.

Re: Interesting!

May 10, 2017, 8:17 PM

It's all good! We know what we have, cheshire grin.....

May 10, 2017, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Interesting! ]

don't forget the orange bowl.urban gets the nod,because we can't possibly forget the mighty big 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 11, 2017, 9:55 PM

I haven't forgotten, but he wishes he could. He never will forget that "schooling". Just a good, old fashioned #### whipping that took place right out in the open for all to see.

May 10, 2017, 9:22 PM

How in the world can Meyer be ahead of Dabo??? What an injustice!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#####?

May 10, 2017, 9:22 PM

He's the best in the business today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

31 reasons why Dabo>Urban

May 10, 2017, 10:58 PM

31-0
2-0

31 reasons why Dabo>Urban

May 10, 2017, 10:58 PM

31-0
2-0

That's 33 reasons***

May 11, 2017, 9:41 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

May 11, 2017, 1:51 AM

ACC leads all conferences with 7 of the top 25 (6 if you don't count ND) and 2 of the top 4.

Big Ten have 6 top-25 coaches. Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC each have 4.

After Saban at #1, you have to go all the way down to #19 to find another SEC coach (Gus Malzahn.)

Shaw underrated considering academics and success

May 11, 2017, 2:40 AM

IMO, David Shaw is grossly underrated. I would suggest he be batting clean up on this list. Stanford routinely produces top flight NFL talent and competes for Pac-12 championships and major bowl games. They do this with academic standards that are among the highest in the country. They are also battling us for graduation rate and APR champs.

What??? Our cheerleader coach??

May 11, 2017, 7:05 AM

No way. bahahahahahaha

and he seems to own the top 2

May 11, 2017, 8:09 AM

He has come a long way since he was considered a cheerleader.

Uh... no.***

May 11, 2017, 9:39 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Just another example of the media bias against Clemson

May 11, 2017, 9:51 AM

and how much they hate us.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Cracks me up how the sports pundits are just Sheeple....

May 11, 2017, 11:44 AM

...who just regurgitate what is perceived from others because it's "safe" to do so. No originality or actual work involved to do their homework.

However, this time it must have pained them to put Dabo in the top three and for some they probably felt like they were going against the grain and went out on a limb. No consideration was given to what it takes to build something from a very small university with a small alum base.

Dabo would have won the NC five years in a row had he been at Bama or Ohio State with their resources and automatic high rated recruits tripping over themselves to go to those schools.

Re: Cracks me up how the sports pundits are just Sheeple....

May 11, 2017, 9:59 PM

While I gave you a TU, I doubt Dabo would have had the latitude at those schools to teach these kids the values he embraces and to hold them to the moral standards we welcome at Clemson. I may be wrong, but nobody walks the walk like Dabo does and we do as a program.

May 11, 2017, 12:08 PM

Our coach is #3? We beat Ohio State 31-0, and beat Alabama for the national championship. He should be #1!!!

May 11, 2017, 1:55 PM

Coots are probably having a very hard time coming to grips with this ranking being that when Dabo was hired as our HC, all of them were saying that they would chip in to pay Dabo's salary for as long as we kept him as our HC. That was about the time they were boasting of how they had past us in recruiting, and with their SEC money, we would never catch back up to them, and how they were going to enjoy the years ahead it would take to pass us in the over all win-loss record. Spurrier had finally proven that they were a big time FB school they should have been all along but had made bad judgments in hiring the right Head Coaches. Now that they were on the right track, they would be a top SEC team along with Bama and LSWHO!!! My My how one has been coach and a 6pk of Schlitz can blow their dreams up in their faces!!!

May 11, 2017, 4:59 PM

Someone should dig through FGF and find some of those posts from when Dabo was hired and from the Spurrier years. Would be great to see some of those

May 11, 2017, 5:00 PM

Well I didn't finish that thought...

Would be great to see some of those yardbirds eating crow.

People saying he deserves to be #1 are ridiculous homers

May 11, 2017, 5:21 PM

I don't think anyone outside of Clemson would rank him above Meyer, but you might not get laughed at for making the suggestion like you would if you tried to say he's better than Saban.

"Patience you must have my young padawan."... It's coming.***

May 13, 2017, 3:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic