Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger receivers step up on Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Aug 14, 2010, 6:02 PM

The Clemson wide receivers followed a sub-par effort in last Tuesday's scrimmage with a much-improved effort on Saturday, and coach Jeff Scott talks about his group through 13 practices. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has Dye caught a pass in the 2 scrimmages?

Aug 14, 2010, 8:39 PM

Where is he?

Re: Has Dye caught a pass in the 2 scrimmages?

Aug 15, 2010, 12:14 PM

Tied for 1st team at the X spot, according to the article, so he must be doing something good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to know, did they drop many, get open, block well?

Aug 15, 2010, 1:38 PM

I wish we had more details about how they did, rather than just Receiver X caught Y number of passess. If a guy caught 5 passes that sounds good, but if he dropped another 25 passes, that doesn't sound good. Or if he only got open 5 times on 50 passing plays, that's not so good. And how did they do on their blocking assignments? I'm not saying that they're doing badly. I just have no idea based on these scrimmage/practice reports which provide no subjective analysis.

Same goes for the QB side of the ball. The reports say the QB went X-for-Y but don't say if he threw interceptions, deliberately threw into the stands to avoid a sack, missed the receiver by a mile, or perfeclty laid every pass into the hands of the receivers.

Oh well... I guess the scrimmages are closed to the press/public so we just have to try to analyze whatever tidbits the athletic department decides to release. I guess we'll find out at Auburn.

Go Tigers!

Re: I want to know, did they drop many, get open, block well?

Aug 15, 2010, 2:26 PM

Considering the accuracy of the QBs, they didn't drop any/many.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Are you saying that the QBs were accurate in the scrimmage?

Aug 15, 2010, 4:54 PM

Or just that historically they're accurate?

I'm saying KP was 10-14 and the QBs as a whole were

Aug 15, 2010, 5:11 PM

something like 22-38. So, I'm saying there couldn't have been very many drops. Good grief.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get ready for some more genius comments like...

Aug 15, 2010, 5:14 PM

..."but that doesn't tell us if the passes were close or not...I mean either our QBs are making it easy for the WRs who aren't really good or the WRs are compensating w/ spectacular catches on bad QB throws. Either way I really need something to whine and 'worry' about."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Exactly

Aug 15, 2010, 5:21 PM

Sometimes I wish I could shake some of these Bozos.

30% incompletions. Just asking a simple question.

Aug 15, 2010, 6:39 PM

Were those 30% dropped or thrown into the stands or what? For the life of me, I can't figure out you guys think that asking a simple question like that is whining. If you don't know the answer to my questions, then PLEASE DON'T ANSWER. If you don't like my comments or you're going to be offended at every little question like an insecure girlfriend, then PLEASE don't read anymore of my comments. PLEASE. I BEG YOU. I was really hoping to get an answer from knowledgeable people who were there or who had some inside information about how the receivers actually performed. I didn't want to hear a bunch of indignant whining from knee-jerk apologists who have no clue about what happened on the field.

What I'm saying is, give me a 70% completion ratio

Aug 16, 2010, 1:26 PM

and I'll go out on a limb and say we have two All-ACC receivers on our team. In a scenario like that, drops are not a problem. I'll also go so far as to say WR will be a good group for us this year and for years to come.

If we have a couple recievers step up, then the sky is the

Aug 15, 2010, 11:19 PM

limit.

Ughh... that picture of Jacoby...

Aug 16, 2010, 9:56 AM

I'm pretty sure that is the catch towards the end of the first GT game that would have put us in easy FG position with around 2 mins to go in a tie game. Sadly, the play was called back on a phantom holding call.

It still makes me sick.

null

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic