Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 Years Out of the ACC and Maryland...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,236

3 Years Out of the ACC and Maryland...

Dec 1, 2016, 2:17 PM

still sucks. Since joining the BIG10, Maryland has been even more abysmal than when they were in the ACC.

They are 8-17 in conference play over the last three years with 4-4, 1-7 and 3-6 seasons. Their new motto is "Thank God for Rutgers!"

Even though I am in no way a Louisville fan, the ACC won when Maryland left the fold.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love it. Screw the Twerps.***

Dec 1, 2016, 2:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

One thing about Maryland...

Dec 1, 2016, 2:30 PM

As far as being classless their fans are the only ones that can come close to the gamecock fans! Rude, stupid, filthy, ignorant and obnoxious are some of their better qualities!

Re: 3 Years Out of the ACC and Maryland...

Dec 1, 2016, 2:36 PM

Would be interested to know if the money has been worth them leaving. they haven't gotten any better, so fundraising and fan support has probably decreased. Wonder if given a do over, would they stay in the ACC.

I'm sure the MD fans enjoy NOT going to those road games

Dec 1, 2016, 3:06 PM

in Minnesota and Nebraska as much or more than NOT going to those road games in Clemson and Ga Tech back in the day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to believe Maryland and Clemson

Dec 1, 2016, 2:48 PM

Essentially started the ACC to play post season football

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never liked them - can still remember like it was......

Dec 1, 2016, 3:00 PM

yesterday being in DV watching us beat them in heavy rain 40-0 in 1969 - Frank Howard's last season as our HC.

Re: I've never liked them - can still remember like it was......

Dec 1, 2016, 8:02 PM

I was there for that game. The mud was 8 inches deep, and we left when there was 4 zeros on the clock. Seems there were only about 300 people in the stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never liked them - can still remember like it was......

Dec 1, 2016, 9:37 PM [ in reply to I've never liked them - can still remember like it was...... ]

My future wife and I were at that game in the student section. They were great seats as best I can remember. We were the few but proud that day. Not many big wins that year.

you forgot Randy Edsall being nowhere to be found....

Dec 1, 2016, 7:11 PM

lol

Sorta upset we lost an ACC charter member then I realized--

Dec 1, 2016, 8:32 PM

the South Carolina Coots were also a 1953 Charter Member. I would be remiss if I failed to mention that it worked out OK for the ACC Conference. The Coots joined the SEC Conference and their members Rely on the Alabama Flagship as if it was their own (except Women's Basketball). FYI: We wore them out last week (56-7), Not a hang 5 but that is coming :). OK back to Maryland - Yep - They left for the Big 10 and are constantly battling Rutgers for the Cellar. I think we will be OK with Revenues, TV, and our Future! So YES I am Proud to be a member of the ACC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Tigers - Time to return to the NATTY'S!!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: 3 Years Out of the ACC and Maryland...

Dec 1, 2016, 9:30 PM

First Clemson game I ever went to was against Maryland. They were decent in the late 70s.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,236
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic