Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2nd Post on FGF: "What does Clemson want us to do?"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

2nd Post on FGF: "What does Clemson want us to do?"

Mar 2, 2020, 8:50 AM

Anyone that ever tries to deny that Clemson lives rent free in South Carolina's dome should be shown Exhibit A:

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/what-does-clemson-want-us-to-do.326111/

For the past 10 years or so, I cannot think of one major decision made by USC athletics that Clemson has not absolutely loved. Our most successful coach leaving coaching to become an AD is at the very top of that list. They recognized this as a good thing for Clemson long before we did, by the way.

With that said, here is one thought for us to consider: What do you think Clemson wants us to do re: Frank Martin, the one coach in 40 years to bring USC a win in the NCAA tournament, to take USC as close to a national championship in a major sport than it has ever been, to post 5 straight winning seasons at USC for the first time in over 3 decades, and to lead USC to back-to-back-to-back top 5 conference finishes for the first time ever in the SEC?

What does Clemson want us to do? Clemson wants us to fire Frank -- especially considering their favorite AD would be in charge of choosing his successor.

Look: I am frustrated as hell. I've defended Frank -- but I've also criticized him. When i think about him stubbornly watching us lose to Stetson with AJ sitting beside him for the last 11 minutes, it makes me sick. He needs to make some tweaks, and I have a list of them if anyone is interested lol. But that's just it -- we are close enough that a few tweaks would work. If he simply changed one thing alone -- how he approaches games in November and December -- then we would be about to make our 3rd NCAA in 4 years.

My point is this: If we fire Frank in order to back up the money truck to Marshall's house, and keep adding zeroes until he says yes, then fine, let's do it, I totally get it. But that's not what would happen. We'd fire Frank, and a few weeks later get the third or fourth name on a list that Ray would begin making, by himself, at the end of the season.

Let's start doing the opposite of what Clemson wants us to do, and see how that works for a while.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: 2nd Post on FGF: "What does Clemson want us to do?"

Mar 2, 2020, 9:41 AM

While he seems level headed, this poster is as delusion as the rest of the fan base.

Clemson lost to scar in basketball this season because half of our team was out hurt. That is a totally different game with our current available players which is still not our full roster.

Also, it's not like Martin has some streak against us in basketball. We have currently won 3 of the last 5 with one of those losses mentioned above.

Clemson fans don't care if Frank Martin takes scar to the NCAAT by rising up in an incredibly weak SEC for a couple of seasons. As the poster mentioned, the reason November and December keep them out of the NCAAT is because they don't get to play SEC teams to give them some wins.

Finally, Clemson fans don't care one bit about whether or not Frank Martin is the scar hoops coach because most of us aren't even sure who we want to be Clemson's coach from game to game.

P.S. I think it's hilarious that they are so worried about second guessing their coaching decisions depending on what they think Clemson fans will think about their decisions. Absolutely comical!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who cares what the c66ts thinks

Mar 2, 2020, 9:49 AM

I hate EVERYTHING C66ts!Even all of the posts on our board about them

I want them to cease to exist.***

Mar 2, 2020, 9:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 2, 2020, 10:20 AM

What is this South Carolina you speak of?

Mar 2, 2020, 10:49 AM

Who is Frank Martin?

Mar 2, 2020, 11:45 PM

Almost 100% sure he was FSU's baseball coach.Heard he won a few games here and there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2020, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: 2nd Post on FGF: "What does Clemson want us to do?" ]

When he ran around wth jerry Lewis they were real good.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic