Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
28 yrs ago tonight Dad went home to heaven....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,611

28 yrs ago tonight Dad went home to heaven....

Sep 20, 2013, 10:31 PM

September 20, 1985....the day before the Clemson/Ga game...we were excited and talking about the game the next day...we had tickets in a box...that was a big deal to us who were used to sitting on row XX in the north upper deck.. :) Dad had a heart attack while running and passed away on that Friday night...just like tonight......Dad....Jerry W Hodge...was a 1971 Clemson grad...he grew up extremely poor on the Poinsett Mill hill...both his parents having never graduated high school. But dad dreamed of a better life for himself and his family. I was born the following yr in 72. It's amazing when you're in Clemson you feel loved ones come back to life...you cry when you sing about the "sons of dear old Clemson.....who reign supreme always".

Dad...I miss you every day...our team is back to their winning ways like they were years ago.

Go Tigers!!!

photo NameonNorthStands.jpg

(Pic is of Dad's name on the back of the north stands...recognition of donors who gave so the north upper deck would be built in 1984)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for sharing this***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im sure its great men and women like your father that are

Sep 20, 2013, 10:44 PM

watching over our tigers these days. Somewhere in Heaven, tiger rag is playing and the cadence count is being shouted. Thanks for sharing! God bless!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 28 yrs ago tonight Dad went home to heaven....

Sep 20, 2013, 10:48 PM

Very nice Thanks for sharing

Sep 20, 2013, 10:51 PM

Thank you for sharing this. I also lost my Mother in March of 85'. Seems like yesterday! God bless you my friend!

Dad went home to heaven....

Sep 20, 2013, 10:52 PM

Dec. 14, 2008. I know your Dad met mine there.
Dad was a '41 Grad and I was supposed to graduate in '71, but I left in 1970 because of grades. Dad contributed to the north upper deck as well.

I miss mine too. Thanks for the post.

Ron

Sep 20, 2013, 10:55 PM

So sorry for your loss. There are really no words.

Amen...

Sep 20, 2013, 11:00 PM

Go Tigers

Your dad and mine both have the best view of the games now

Sep 20, 2013, 11:38 PM

Dad's been gone a bit over two years, and every time I hear the opening chords of the alma mater I still get a bit misty eyed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiGERs...all who love & loved dear Ole CLEMSON..Alway!

Sep 21, 2013, 12:31 AM

Play your best..and play hard, to Win with honor.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I graduated in '71 also, so we were classmates though.....

Sep 21, 2013, 1:18 AM

I never knew him. I hope I can leave good memories to my kids like your Dad did to you. Precious memories, how they linger.....

Sep 21, 2013, 1:32 AM

Tigerfan, Did your dad work for Milliken in Greenville at the Judson Plant? Jaybird4

he sure did...for a number of years***

Sep 21, 2013, 8:17 AM

Re: he sure did...for a number of years***

Sep 21, 2013, 11:53 AM

I graduated from Clemson in 72 and worked for Milliken at the Judson plant and remember you dad was I think the department manager of the spinning room. I worked in personnel and helped him and other department heads find people to work for them. I remember hearing that he died from a heat attack while jogging. He was in good shape as I recall and was a good manager. I worked at Judson in the 1976-78 time frame....jaybird4

wow....thanks for sharing***

Sep 21, 2013, 6:48 PM

It has amazed me with some of the reconnections via

Sep 21, 2013, 6:09 AM

TigerNet, as I've heard from former classmates and/or others, who were there during some of the years that I was.

Although the years have fogged the memories to a degree, I immediately recalled your Dad's name, then looked him up in my '68 and '69 "Taps" volumes, when he was a frosh and sophomore...and I remembered the face.

Thanks for sharing your memories, as I think a man can receive no better tribute than that from a son.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great to hear....wow***

Sep 21, 2013, 8:17 AM

This was very moving...thanks for sharing***

Sep 22, 2013, 1:39 PM

What a view he has of The Valley on Saturdays! Thank you for

Sep 22, 2013, 1:42 PM

sharing!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,611
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic