Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still have not had anyone fess up about wanting #9 to carry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Still have not had anyone fess up about wanting #9 to carry

Nov 6, 2017, 8:38 AM

the ball most of the time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still have not had anyone fess up about wanting #9 to carry

Nov 6, 2017, 8:42 AM

I'm cool with #28 starting and #9 getting 40% of the carries.

#9 is definitely the best/most explosive RB on the roster but #28 gives us homerun ability as well as solid runs between the tackles. He also drags defenders that extra yard or two.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 9:22 AM

I think this is close, but I like Choice for goalline work, and CJ fuller in obvious passing situations, he is a better blocker, still a draw threat, and can catch the ball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is prob where I am too.

Nov 6, 2017, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Still have not had anyone fess up about wanting #9 to carry ]

Blocking was better vs NCSt for sure. Maybe he has only fumbled once, but I think about turnovers with him for some reason too. He's just such a strong fast RB; its easy to want to see him with 15 touches per game.
Glad he wears orange!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 6, 2017, 8:46 AM

Also, Fuller balled out late vs NC State in pass pro. Not being sarcastic. #9 & #28 whiffed on a few blitzes.

Nov 6, 2017, 8:49 AM

Why would one need to "fess up" about wanting to see one of the most explosive RB's on the team getting more carries? It was great to see the "new" 28 get a break away run but exactly how many is that this year? Hopefully they'll all get more like that in the near future. Thunder and Lightning Part 3 would be great!

Message was edited by: Sand Tiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll fess up, I wanted the coaches to come out in the

Nov 6, 2017, 8:51 AM

2nd half and just feed ETN the ball and let him take over the game. I thought only giving him the ball 4 times in the 1st half was a big mistake. Even in the 2nd half there was a set of downs where ETN ran for 6 yards on 1st down, followed by KB over throwing his receivers on 2nd down and 3rd down (3rd down play he over threw a wide open Renfrow).

I was begging for the coaches to let the OL do their job by moving forward to block instead of backwards and let ETN eat. So what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thanks finally a confessor, and I still disagree, even up, I

Nov 6, 2017, 4:34 PM

say and definitely more carries for both of them.

With improved blocking and zero sacks

Nov 6, 2017, 9:01 AM

against NC State, there's really no reason now why Etienne shouldn't get more playing time. That was a great run by Feaster, but does anyone think that Etienne couldn't have run through that gaping hole in the middle?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Any of us could have run through that hole

Nov 6, 2017, 9:09 AM

I would have had to lateral/hand off to Higgins as he flew by me, but that was great blocking and the State defender who went to the outside and slipped trying to come back made it a walk in for any of our backs.

Haha.. I was thinking I would have been caught by the 12 yrd line.***

Nov 6, 2017, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I’m glad you’re so excited about 28 actually hitting a wide open

Nov 6, 2017, 9:14 AM

gaping hole and going untouched to the endzone, but let’s not anoint him as the 2nd coming of CJ just yet. He hasn’t seen or hit many holes this season, often running straight into a pile of lineman when there are holes on either side. To think that 9 wouldn’t have been able to make that 89 yard scamper to the house is foolish. On the contrary, I’ve seen 9 hit the line of scrimmage at full speed with reckless abandon breaking tackles like a man-child. 9 does not like to be tackled.

#9 gets caught behind the line more too, 28 is better power

Nov 6, 2017, 3:19 PM

runner as are Fuller and Choice.

Gotta disagree with you again

Nov 6, 2017, 3:35 PM

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen 9 break more tackles this year than the other 3 RBs combined. Just because they are thicker backs and weigh (slightly) more doesn’t mean they break more tackles. I’d love to see a stat on this if anyone can find one.

I said caught behind the line of scrimmage, I did not say

Nov 6, 2017, 4:32 PM

as in that third down play...I agree in open field he breaks more tackles and think he will be like Gallman and better eventually, but remember even Gallman had to wait for over 2 seasons to become full time back. And when he got injured like in NC state game last year, nobody was effective backing him up. We are blessed to have 4 backs, but I think Feaster and #9 get more carries but even up...

#28, #9 and all of the WRs are being underutilized***

Nov 6, 2017, 9:30 AM

Its the catch with so much talent. It may seem that way, but 8-1 record says we're good!***

Nov 6, 2017, 11:02 AM

null

I will. I really thought this would be his breakout game.

Nov 6, 2017, 11:04 AM

And, it certainly looked to me like Feaster has some injury problem. Higgins was running backwards and slowing down to keep from running over him on the long TD run. Don't think that would have been the case if ET was phoning N on that run.

Higgins was probably telling Feaster, we can cruise on in,

Nov 6, 2017, 3:21 PM

nobody is within ten yds.

Thanks mostly excellent responses and yes I think they

Nov 6, 2017, 3:26 PM

all should get their chances, all four of them, and the point I made is that #9 should not get the majority, but that he and Feaster ought to get a lot more carries. KB made a mistake running those last 2 times, and failing to get first down. He looked worn out. And that gave NCS the last chance gasp.

Absolutely agree with all you said here!***

Nov 6, 2017, 3:37 PM

Nov 6, 2017, 4:58 PM

#9 is first in my opinion (avg is over 7.5 ypc)
#28 for wheel routes / screens
#27 for short yardage / pass blocking
#26 for clean-up duties

Feaster has undeniable open-field / foot race ability but Etienne makes something happen even where there’s nothing there. He hits the hole like Gallman used to and has the best vision of all four backs.

Both should get more carries...

Nov 6, 2017, 11:00 PM

But about the same carries. A bigger Feaster does not get caught behind the line, however I agree #9 is better at bursting through smaller hole. Also I agree with you on Fuller and Choice.

Nov 7, 2017, 3:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Still have not had anyone fess up about wanting #9 to carry ]

What's a Wheel Route? Oh, what our defense gets burned on!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2017, 5:36 AM

ET looks quicker than the others at the line of scrimmage. It's a big contrast. He and the bigger Feaster seem to be doing well with their split time.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic