Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hold me jounge, I have ruined my
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 488

Hold me jounge, I have ruined my

Dec 12, 2019, 8:42 AM

financial future. Company paid out our unused sick time today. I forgot to tell the system to withhold 401k monies. Whatever will I do without that $20 in company match?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pants.***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:43 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to do pants? I don't even know how to

Dec 12, 2019, 8:45 AM

sew.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0rgasm?***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:45 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...you'll have to elaborate or something.***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:48 AM

I would

Dec 12, 2019, 8:46 AM

buymatches and burn the place to the ground. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beg and plead to have your bad

Dec 12, 2019, 8:50 AM

decisions paid for by other people. Simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If my company paid out unused sick time

Dec 12, 2019, 8:51 AM

I would get $0. I get sick alot on Fridays especially in the fall

In fact, I feel like I am getting sick now and will be out half of the day tomorrow so I can get up to Asheville for the Holidaze for Habitat concert

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I'll keep you in my prayers. I am also leaving at lunch

Dec 12, 2019, 8:54 AM

tomorrow to meet a lady at my house so she can look at the last puppy.

We have a 100% hit rate for interested people who meet the dogs buy the dogs. Hopefully that continues.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve never heard that euphemism

Dec 12, 2019, 8:56 AM

If she shows you her puppies too, take pictures

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

thanks, maybe I missed it butt

Dec 12, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to I'll keep you in my prayers. I am also leaving at lunch ]

WHERE ARE THE ###### PUPPY PIGS?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

You get to hit everybody who buys a puppy?

Dec 12, 2019, 9:04 AM [ in reply to I'll keep you in my prayers. I am also leaving at lunch ]

brb, breeding mah dog.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be gentle. She may not be receptive, assuming

Dec 12, 2019, 9:05 AM

it is a girl.

I have one of each.

Dec 12, 2019, 9:13 AM

I'll flip a coin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the first year it has worked out for me.

Dec 12, 2019, 9:02 AM [ in reply to If my company paid out unused sick time ]

With the roof and stuff going bad on me, it is a nice little bump.

I looked up my sick leave the other day

Dec 12, 2019, 9:01 AM

just to see how much had built up because I rarely take any. I have over a year (13 months) of sick time built up. Plus 10 weeks (50 days) vacation. Plus a bunch of "Family Leave", whatever that is.

Haven't taken a sick day in 8+ years. Fortunate to be a very healthy person (crosses fingers). And enjoy my job.

I looked mine up this morning. Got a whopping 34 hours

Dec 12, 2019, 9:05 AM

available. Seems like you might need to take some time off.

When I worked for the City, all the old guys bragged about how much sick time they built up and we were penalized in our reviews for using sick time.

Did you and your co-workers openly discuss

Dec 12, 2019, 9:07 AM

the % of a raise? I doubt there were any real dings when it all boiled down.

No, but I had to fill out formulas for the people I

Dec 12, 2019, 9:10 AM

supervised and using sick time would ding you a little bit. Maybe your score would be a 3.95 instead of 4.00 which would affect your raise. This did happen for a girl who worked for me so I just lied for her and nobody questioned it.

Everywhere I've worked for would dream up reasons

Dec 12, 2019, 9:34 AM

people could not get a 4 plus out of 5. The bank gave each cost center 2.5-3% each year If manager wanted somebody to get 3.5 then somebody was getting two unless the manager could sell it real hard. The number on the review didn't matter that much.

got one more day to work this year (Monday)

Dec 12, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to I looked mine up this morning. Got a whopping 34 hours ]

and that's mostly to go to a Christmas lunch/party.

with sick time, I am very superstitious about using it. I only use it if absolutely necessary; abusing it is bad, bad karma. Perfectly fine with never having to use a sick day.

What are you hording the vacation for?***

Dec 12, 2019, 9:06 AM [ in reply to I looked up my sick leave the other day ]

I've got 9 weeks....for me it's kinda job security

Dec 12, 2019, 9:07 AM

they've gotta pay that out to me if they lay mehoff.

How much do you get a year?***

Dec 12, 2019, 9:10 AM

total of 6 weeks PTO, accrued weekly

Dec 12, 2019, 9:15 AM

but that PTO encompasses every bit of time off...vaca, sick days, holidays.

Usually, I'll work on off-fridays and/or weekends to reduce the amount of PTO I use when I DO take days off...

Not hording

Dec 12, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to What are you hording the vacation for?*** ]

I get like 25 days a year, not including holidays. Almost no way to take all that and keep up with responsibilities.

We got 25 days back before the big mean brown company

Dec 12, 2019, 9:22 AM

bought us. Even people like me who are the lowest. We could roll 10. I accrued 6 days when I started, but could not use them due to that 90 holding period. 2017 was NICE with the time off. 2018 was okay but that was the last year of the crazy good plan. Now'I have 10 V and 7 "discretionary" days. I'll never get over that loss.

I get like 16 now but in about 9 months I get an

Dec 12, 2019, 9:28 AM

additional week. That 21 days is for vacation AND sick time.

2021 If I'm still here I'll get back to 15 V.

Dec 12, 2019, 9:37 AM

I'll feel a lot better about that. I don't think I can take a full week of with what I have now.

Replies: 28
| visibility 488
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic