Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: How long does Muschamp have left at SCar?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Poll: How long does Muschamp have left at SCar?

Oct 8, 2018, 5:39 PM

He just got his contact extended to 6 years in January 2018 with a $1M raise, so he has 5 years remaining.
Should South Carolina terminate Muschamp’s contract without cause, the school will pay liquidated damages in the amount equal to 75 percent of the coach’s annual guaranteed compensation (base salary value plus outside value). That means the school's buyout is equal to:

Buyout per Year (on Dec 31st)...
2018 $18.0M
2019 $14.7M
2020 $11.25M
2021 $7.65M
2022 $3.9M

Currently Salary per Year:
2018 $4.2M
2019 $4.4M
2020 $4.6M
2021 $4.8M
2022 $5.0M
2023 $5.2M

How long does Will Muschamp have left at SCar?    [Results]

He'll be fired this year
He'll won't make it through next season
He'll be fired after the 2019 season
2021-2022
He'll be in Columbia for the full length of his contract
military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as possible - Signed, every Clemson Tiger fan***

Oct 8, 2018, 5:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As long as possible - Signed, every Clemson Tiger fan***

Oct 8, 2018, 5:43 PM

Haha
Bingo

The irony is that five years ago,

Oct 8, 2018, 5:52 PM

the chickens were up in our faces telling us they hoped we would keep Dabo forever.

I'll bet they are wishing they had been more careful about what they wished for.

And yet I'm pretty sure Muschamp is never going to evolve into a Dabo class coach. I believe they are a 4 to 7 win per year team for the forseeable future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll: How long does Muschamp have left at SCar?

Oct 8, 2018, 5:50 PM

I hope he stays there a long time. He was so easy to dislike at florida and he is even easier to dislike at USuck.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 6:08 PM

I don't THINK they are doing that well financially due to the skimpy football Ops building they built with major quality cuts so they might have to hang on to him for a bit.

The stupidity of Tanner to give a guy a 20% raise and big extension that NOBODY in the country would have dream of going after is amazing. It's worse than what we did with Bowden, which was really stupid. I bet he makes it this season plus 2 more. The crowd is restless but they are dummies that will be talking about winning 10 games next year when spring rolls around.

Except without those Bowden years,

Oct 10, 2018, 11:52 AM

... we probably never have the Dabo years. I've always kind of felt like Bowden was a stepping stone and a phase we had to go through. Now the Hatfield and West years had no redeeming value.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By next August we’ll be SCARed again

Oct 8, 2018, 6:24 PM

From September through January, he’s a punchline
Between February and August he’s Bear Bryant.
Will will be here for a while.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: By next August we’ll be SCARed again

Oct 8, 2018, 6:53 PM

Right. Haven't heard "Boom" since Coastal Carolina.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2020. they will renegotiate buyout then and dump***

Oct 8, 2018, 6:35 PM

Oct 8, 2018, 6:56 PM

“F” final answer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

You got to remember, a consistent 8-4 is hanging the moon in

Oct 8, 2018, 6:58 PM

cootlumbia.

He may retire there. In a "good" way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 6:59 PM

He will be there for many years to come as they have no viable replacement for him. Think about it. He was their 6th choice and if no one else would take the job then who would now?

If he can keep winning 7-8 games a year they may keep

Oct 8, 2018, 7:04 PM

him forever. He would probably be their most successful coach, no?

After a 6 - 5 season this year...

Oct 8, 2018, 7:38 PM

followed by a 7 - 5 season (at best) and a sixth consecutive loss to Clemson next year, he'll probably be shown the door although I'm not sure why. It's not like they'll find a better replacement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:40 PM

Hard to believe they are paying 4 million a year for that loser . He is just not a very good football coach ( Hello ! Florida .. remember ?) and he never will be .
I know they praise him as a tireless recruiter and a great defensive mind but honestly , where is the proof of either of those assumptions ?

Guy has pulled the Jedi mind trick on 2 straight state schools .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 8, 2018, 8:07 PM

Don't forget he was "HC in waiting" at Texas behind Mack Brown. He single-handedly ruined the Texas D before jumping for the UF job. Their D is just now finding its' way back to being decent. He will accomplish the same at USUC before he leaves. Why anyone in the world thinks this guy can coach a D is beyond me.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:56 PM

Until they can get his tombstone ready in the "Coaches Graveyard", where all coaches go to never coach again.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:56 PM

A long long time. No one wants the job.

Oct 8, 2018, 8:31 PM

Gone after 2019 but SC fans will be bummed a long time. This was known by many to be a bad hire.
Then they will hire Jason Garret.

Oct 10, 2018, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: How long does Muschamp have left at SCar? ]

Ha, I always thought the opposite. Other than dealing with illiterate leg-humping boosters, SCar gives bonuses for being 6-6 and at least posting a showing at a bowl game. If you were a coach, the best job-to-kill-the-clock is the one you really don't have any expectations to win or have to work at to keep a fanbase happy (they are passed out in the corner humping their sisterwives). You don't have to deal with any academic expectations like Duke, Wake, Miss St and you aren't really held accountable for parole violations. That is why you get all the pressure-cooker cast-offs. They look at the coots, look at the complete lack of "results" and $$$$$$ and then the schedule. Count in the FCS opponents/Vandy that puts you at 4 "wins" and then all you really have to work for is two games? So the coots are going to pay you for X mill to coach two games. Of those two games, you only have to pick the weakest of the Kentucky/UT/Mizzu. Then you go play golf down in the lowcountry for the rest of the year.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic