Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 ACC QB's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,622

2020 ACC QB's

Feb 6, 2020, 9:56 PM

Next year should be a strong year for the league behind center. Which usually determines how good a league is.

Miami probably gets the biggest upgrade with the transfer from Houston ( king)

Duke probably 2nd with Chase Brice

UNC had probably the best freshman QB in the nation last year

Pittsburgh' s QB had a significant jump in numbers under the new off. coord.

Louisville's starter returns and he was one of the more athletic QB's in the ACC.

And of course that T.Lawrence guy

Gt still has questions along with B.C. and N.C State. Syracuse needs help on the O-line before any QB can succeed there.

I think this means the league will be very competitive next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2020 ACC QB's

Feb 7, 2020, 9:05 AM

Lawrence should be the best QB and I expect Brice to have a nice year too. Howell at UNC is probably the 2nd best QB as he just has a knack for making plays. Its possible he will experience the soph slump but appears to be a tough minded kid. Hooker at VT finished the year very well and I'd put him higher but they lost a good bit of their WR corp for various reasons and that could hinder him. Cunningham at UofL will make a good leap next year and improve that team.

On a side note, its funny how much hype is behind Newman at UGA. Who knew an average ACC QB from Wake was such a superstar and in high demand. Cant remember who, but Finebaum had a guest on and he stated that Newman will probably be the best QB in the SEC next season.....those boys can really spin the narrative to suit their story.

Feb 7, 2020, 9:21 AM

You think much more highly of King going to Miami than I do.

I'm not under the impression that the QB talent at Miami was the problem last year.

I believe the culture and coaching staff remain the same.

Add in a grad transfer QB who is certainly there to "get his" and it doesn't exactly help the culture.

I would put Louisville and UNC in the best spots in terms of QB besides Clemson.

Both guys are returning to the same system and they had success in their first year in that system. That typically hints at good things to come.

Miami fired Dan Enos and hired Rhett Lashlee from SMU

Feb 7, 2020, 9:47 AM

I'm not sure how much that will help as i think Manny Diaz himself is a large part of the problem there, but i guess we will see. Context aside, I do think highly of King. I think he's the 3rd most talented QB in the ACC behind Lawrence and Howell, but I don't know if his situation will allow him to perform to that level.

Feb 7, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: 2020 ACC QB's ]

UGA got the best ACC QB.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 10:13 AM

Chase brice sez hello

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,622
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive