Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2018 Senate Races
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 760

2018 Senate Races

Nov 8, 2017, 6:16 AM

Do these Democrat wins yesterday mean anything as far as how things are looking for the Repubs in the 2018 races?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2018 Senate Races

Nov 8, 2017, 7:29 AM

Not imo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why is national news making such a big deal about it?

Nov 8, 2017, 7:36 AM

I have been thinking all morning that it isn't a big deal. I don't care who the governor of VA is. Over on MSNB they are acting like it is a huge day and sign of things to come. Maybe they are just trying to build it up to promote their agenda, or maybe it is a big deal. I am leaning towards it doesn't mean anything as far as 2018. I just wanted others opinions.

Re: So why is national news making such a big deal about it?

Nov 8, 2017, 7:44 AM

LOL MSM.. Hell they have been pushing Russia for the last 12 months and it may just boomerang back on their own favorite party. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but they are as legitimate as Fox is.

Nov 8, 2017, 7:50 AM

There is no true legitimacy with Fox or MSNBC. That said, it's not always spin either. Sometimes those networks are on it. Forgot to add, Russia is hitting Trump's group now. MSNBC hyped it up, but it has proven to be SOMEWHAT legitimate. Sure it was overhyped, but the Russia ties among Trump's crew has been proven. It's just not Trump who MSNBC really was hoping for.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Nov 8, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So why is national news making such a big deal about it? ]

> LOL MSM.. Hell they have been pushing Russia for the
> last 12 months and it may just boomerang back on
> their own favorite party. LOL

Manafort, Gates and Pappodapolous might disagree with you.

As would the voters in Virginia. According to exit polls, of the voters that said Trump was a factor in their vote, twice as many said their vote was motivated against Trump.

Nah, it's a fairly significant deal.

Nov 8, 2017, 7:58 AM [ in reply to So why is national news making such a big deal about it? ]

Losing gubernatorial races in a party is pretty big, especially when it comes time for campaign for president again. You've lost influence right there. The VA race was big as Gillespie tried Trump-style rhetoric and it failed.

To top it off, you had more minorities and even LGBT people winning office. It's backlash against the Trump movement.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a prediction for 2018 (way too early to tell), but the early signs point in that direction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

"It's a backlash against the Trump movement"

Nov 8, 2017, 9:39 AM

What movement?

There seemed to be a strong one last year.***

Nov 8, 2017, 9:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Srsly...what has he done?

Nov 8, 2017, 9:53 AM

There hasn't been a movement towards anything, really. That's why I've asked before about all the people who were "literally shaking" because they were "scared" to live in the US now...and from what I can tell, all that is happened is that one day, I might be able to retire because my 401K has gotten bigger.

Really? What has he done? Is that a real question?*****

Nov 9, 2017, 6:46 AM

Nov 8, 2017, 8:25 AM [ in reply to So why is national news making such a big deal about it? ]

Same reason they made the Georgia race a big deal until it didn't materialize. ??

Virginia already had a dem governor, it stayed in the d corner.

Virginia was already a blue state, it stayed that way.

I don't see Virginia being a huge deal especially in the Senate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 8:26 AM

And to point out, new polling showing dem congress with their lowest ratings in 25 years.

Sure, there are some bright spots for dems but overall, i don't see it.

You do understand that Republicans control Congress

Nov 8, 2017, 9:16 AM

and you only get to vote for your representative and your senator, not eveybody else's? Everybody loves their congressperson and hates yours.

When you consider the low Congressional approval rating with the low Presidential approval rating and consider that Republicans control each, it's hard to pretend with any credibility that the Democrats will bare the brunt of the voter's ire.

Re: You do understand that Republicans control Congress

Nov 8, 2017, 9:27 AM

Except i didn't say that dems will bare the brunt.

I'm saying low polling numbers make it HARDER to say 12 months into the future that dems will make huge gains, especially in the Senate.

Nov 8, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to So why is national news making such a big deal about it? ]

The big deal isn't so much the Governors race but the fact that the Dems whiped out a Rep. majority in the Va. House of Delegates. It's the first time Dems have won so many seats in that body since the 19th century.

Maybe ...

Nov 8, 2017, 7:31 AM

Maybe not.

Time will tell.

HTH.

If the White House stays the course...

Nov 8, 2017, 7:50 AM

I think yes. There was a lot of backlash yesterday. Not everything was about Trump, but enough of it was.

Yes. Trump has not grown his support. He has shrunk it.

Nov 8, 2017, 9:12 AM

He has motivated his opponents and cowed his supporters.

Exit polling in Virginia showed voters motivated against Trump by a 2 to 1 margin and by a 3 to 1 margin in New Jersey. People who made up their minds in the last two weeks of the Virginia gubernatorial campaign, when Gillespie and his minions went full negative with Trump's favorite issues, broke for the Democrat, who was not considered a strong candidate by any stretch, by 24 percentage points! Voters are not responding positively to Trump's pet issues. Republicans Congressmen are announcing their retirement left and right.

Outside of the Deep South, Trump is toxic. This was a repudiation of the Party of Trump and Trumpism.

This train is picking up steam and Mueller is steady chopping wood.

Noose tightening? Panic setting in?***

Nov 8, 2017, 9:40 AM

Grand Juries have still been convened. Indictments are

Nov 8, 2017, 11:01 AM

still imminent. The noose is still tightening.

Panic has set in and is growing.

It's always more fun when you are on the right side of history.

So who here is on the "right side" of history?

Nov 8, 2017, 11:41 AM

What did you personally do to be on the right side of anything?

I graduated from Clemson. That gave me the tools that I

Nov 8, 2017, 12:36 PM

needed to spot a con man when I see one from a mile away.

What we saw last night was a repudiation of the Party of Trump and Trumpism. Trump is Toxic. Democrats had their biggest gains in the Virginia House since the 1800s - 118 years ago!

Congress is ripe for the plucking. With Trump in the White House and Steve Bannon at Breitbart funding right wing extremists in Republicans primaries Republican candidates will be forced to either embrace Trump's divisive brand of politics or lose in the primary. It's a quandary! Moving further towards Trump will be costly in the general election, as we saw last night.

The Republican Party should be very worried. Trump is pulling them down. He's toxic. We know from experience it will only get worse.

It's going to be ugly this time next year.

You're not the only person here to graduate from Clemson

Nov 8, 2017, 1:15 PM

I did as well. So did most folks on this board.

Virginia was a Dem state before the election. What's the difference now? And why, outside of Virgina, should anyone care?

And from what "experience" do we know that anything will get "worse"? I don't remember Trump being president before.

The rest of your bloviating is fodder; your own never ending personal attempt to spread FUD for anything Republican.

Re: You're not the only person here to graduate from Clemson

Nov 8, 2017, 1:44 PM

You're tired of me being right.

You should be used to it by now.

I've never read when you were right.

Nov 8, 2017, 2:02 PM

I've read where you proselytize for the Dems with your FUD, and I've seen you exaggerate/make up facts in an attempt to prove your weak points. I've also seen you down right lie, and use ridiculous examples also in an attempt to prove your lies.

One thing I have never seen is when you are right--about anything.

I'm still waiting for your "numerous examples" of my post history where you said I was racist.

Once Hillary lost, Trump was alone to show how disgusting

Nov 8, 2017, 10:42 AM

he was. During the prez campaign, people learned that both Hillary and Trump were awful. Since Trump has been president, Hillary has faded away and democrats have been internally dealing with the fallout from the massive corruption in their party. But the fact that one of the most disgusting public figures in the history of the world has been on the biggest podium in the world, the democrats are able to overcome their massive setbacks.

The GOP had an opportunity to make a 2002-style dominant comeback. But they crapped on themselves by electing Trump. One of the biggest electoral chokes of all time.

Both political parties are wallowing in their own filth right now and the voters DESERVE it because they are too stupid to find a way out of the cycle.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 760
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic